View Poll Results: who are we rooting for?!?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go Ravens!

5 10.87%
  • Go Packers!

33 71.74%
  • I slept through calculus

8 17.39%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GO RAVENS TONIGHT!!!

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;3390298]Absurd. Completely absurd. Your entire rationale is based on them being in an improbable tie for their division lead with Cincy.

:confused:

How about this. Their losing tonight puts them one more loss away from being in our rear view mirror (assuming we win out). That's far more likely a scenerio.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

No, it's based on the fact that the Ravens aren't losing to Detroit or Bears, so them losing tonight just means they would need to lose to PITT or OAK or they beat us out.

Gotta have an open mind and look at the big picture.

No need for insults.

[QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390299]can you guys read? Ravens need to lose to an AFC team or else it doesn't help us.

Are you saying there is NO WAY the Bengals can lose 2 in a row at MIN and SD???[/QUOTE]

your logic makes no sense to me. way too many things have to happen.

if Baltimore wins today, it increases the chance of both Cinn and Balt making the playoffs right?

i would prefer Cinny and Indy to have nothing to play for the last two weeks of the season. that's our only shot of winning out in my mind.

[QUOTE=SMC;3390259][B]Sackdancer, you couldn't be more wrong.[/B]

The Bengals are 6-0 in the division with a 2 game lead over the Ravens (9-3 vs. 6-5) and the head-to-head tiebreaker.

In order for the Ravens to win the division, they'd need the Bengals to lose 3 games and the Ravens to win outright (11-5 vs. 10-6).

Plus, the Jets want the Bengals to rest everybody week 17. Under your scenario, the Bengals would be playing that game for their playoff lives.

The Jets need the Ravens to go to 7-6.[/QUOTE]

Nope, if Ravens win out and CINCY loses at MIN and SD we could be playing CIN for the Wildcard in week 17. CINCY could easily lose at MIN and SD.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390299]can you guys read? Ravens need to lose to an AFC team or else it doesn't help us.

Are you saying there is NO WAY the Bengals can lose 2 in a row at MIN and SD???[/QUOTE]

NO, the Ravens need just to lose. Whether they lose to the NFC or AFC is immaterial when they have a 1 game lead over everybody but the Jags.

They are 6-5. They need to get to 6 loses now and then have 1 more loss out of the last 4 to go 9-7 and be out of the playoffs.

And, dude, seriously, you want the Bengals to be playing for their playoff lives week 17 rather than resting everyone????

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390311]Nope, if Ravens win out and CINCY loses at MIN and SD we could be playing CIN for the Wildcard in week 17. CINCY could easily lose at MIN and SD.[/QUOTE]

So you'd rather have the Bengals be playing week 17 like a playoff game rather than resting everyone???

How does that make any sense???

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3390303]i could see the bengals losing both of them games, however it seems like lady luck is on their side this year for some reason.[/QUOTE]

really?

Maybe it's karma from that 1st game.

[QUOTE=batman10023;3390310]your logic makes no sense to me. way too many things have to happen.

if Baltimore wins today, it increases the chance of both Cinn and Balt making the playoffs right?

i would prefer Cinny and Indy to have nothing to play for the last two weeks of the season. that's our only shot of winning out in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, the only way a Ravens loss tonight only helps us is if they were to lose to Detroit or Bears. We have the tiebreaker over Ravens if they lose 1 game to AFC team (PITT or OAK). We'd pretty much be putting everything on the Ravens losing at PIT in week 16, that could happen, but [B]Ravens win tonight leaves more possibilities for us to get in.[/B]

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Cincy's luck is going to have to come to an end sometime..

[QUOTE=SMC;3390318]So you'd rather have the Bengals be playing week 17 like a playoff game rather than resting everyone???

How does that make any sense???[/QUOTE]

at least we'd control our own destiny... would you rather have all our hopes rest on BAL losing at PITT?

Chances are CINCY will still be playing for playoff seeding... they won't rest players in week 17.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390326]Like I said, the only way a Ravens loss tonight only helps us is if they were to lose to Detroit or Bears. We have the tiebreaker over Ravens if they lose 1 game to AFC team (PITT or OAK). We'd pretty much be putting everything on the Ravens losing at PIT in week 16, that could happen, but [B]Ravens win tonight leaves more possibilities for us to get in.[/B][/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't.

Guess what happens if there is a 3 way tie at 10-6 between the Fins, Jets, and Bengals?

The Dolphins get the final WC spot.

Why?

Because in a 3 way tie, division tie breakers apply which would eliminate the Jets. Then the Fins would have the Conference Tie-breaker over the Bengals.

A head-to-head tiebreaker between the Jets and Bengals ONLY matters if they are the last 2 10-6 teams.

The Jets are far better off with the Ravens losing tonight.

All League
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390326]Like I said, the only way a Ravens loss tonight only helps us is if they were to lose to Detroit or Bears. We have the tiebreaker over Ravens if they lose 1 game to AFC team (PITT or OAK). We'd pretty much be putting everything on the Ravens losing at PIT in week 16, that could happen, but [B]Ravens win tonight leaves more possibilities for us to get in.[/B][/QUOTE]

How about the fact that the Raiders are now competent. That Ravens/Raiders game is no gimme for Baltimore.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=SMC;3390305]True, but the Eagles divisional games didn't matter in the end because they got in via overall record.

The Eagles were 9-6-1 (.594) while there were 3 other teams at 9-7 (.563).

That's similar to how the Jets have to get in. They need to be 10-6 with everyone else 9-7.[/QUOTE]

The Eagles made it in by beating Dallas the last game of the year, and..both Chicago and TB loses, TB being a 13 point favorite over Oakland. Their record was 9-6-1.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390307]No, it's based on the fact that the Ravens aren't losing to Detroit or Bears, so them losing tonight just means they would need to lose to PITT or OAK or they beat us out.

Gotta have an open mind and look at the big picture.

No need for insults.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your logic on this. Baltimore is an AFC team and GB is an NFC team. I don't want AFC teams to win, only the Jets. Therefore I want GB to win tonight.

jets need every afc team to lose as much as possible,, go green bay.!
    every lose, helps us move up

[QUOTE=SMC;3390314]NO, the Ravens need just to lose. Whether they lose to the NFC or AFC is immaterial when they have a 1 game lead over everybody but the Jags.

They are 6-5. They need to get to 6 loses now and then have 1 more loss out of the last 4 to go 9-7 and be out of the playoffs.

And, dude, seriously, you want the Bengals to be playing for their playoff lives week 17 rather than resting everyone????[/QUOTE]

wrong... if we win out and the Ravens lose to another AFC team we have a tiebreaker over them (same conference record, better vs. common opponents).

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3390337]The Eagles made it in by beating Dallas the last game of the year, and..both Chicago and TB loses, TB being a 13 point favorite over Oakland. Their record was 9-6-1.[/QUOTE]

But that "division" victory was meaningless, Apache. The Eagles had a better record than the Cowboys.

9-6-1 is better than 9-7.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3390339]I don't understand your logic on this. Baltimore is an AFC team and GB is an NFC team. I don't want AFC teams to win, only the Jets. Therefore I want GB to win tonight.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time that applies, not always...

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3390336]How about the fact that the Raiders are now competent. That Ravens/Raiders game is no gimme for Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

That's fine... if Ravens win every game and lose to the Raiders we get in over Raiders... more reason to hope they win tonight and stay alive in the division.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3390346]Most of the time that applies, not always...[/QUOTE]

Since one cannot predict future events, this is what we need to happen tonight, plain and simple.