View Poll Results: who are we rooting for?!?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go Ravens!

5 10.87%
  • Go Packers!

33 71.74%
  • I slept through calculus

8 17.39%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GO RAVENS TONIGHT!!!

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3390339]I don't understand your logic on this. Baltimore is an AFC team and GB is an NFC team. I don't want AFC teams to win, only the Jets. Therefore I want GB to win tonight.[/QUOTE]

I understand if you can't comprehend the intricacies of why a Ravens win tonight helps us more than a loss, it's really not that hard though.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3390349]Since one cannot predict future events, this is what we need to happen tonight, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, including tonight. I was responding to your implication that we should be against all AFC teams. I don't believe that to be true all the time...

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3390349]Since one cannot predict future events, this is what we need to happen tonight, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

it's not that simple... don't make it out to be something that it's not simply because you don't comprehend it.

RAVENS WIN TONIGHT GIVES US MORE SCENARIOS TO GET IN THAN A RAVENS LOSS. The only way a Ravens loss tonight would help us is if the Ravens were to go on to lose to the Lions or the Bears.

JETS have common opponent tiebreaker over Ravens if Jets win out, so if the Ravens lose to another AFC team the rest of the way, we have the tiebreaker on them. CINCY can lose the next 2 tough road games, BAL could win it's next 3 then we would still be alive even if BAL wins at PIT, however, if BAL loses tonight and then proceeds to win out, we are DONE... GET IT???

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3390356]I agree with you, including tonight. I was responding to your implication that we should be against all AFC teams. I don't believe that to be true all the time...[/QUOTE]

it's not true in this case either... open your eyes

[B]GO RAVENS!!![/B]

All League
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390360]it's not that simple... don't make it out to be something that it's not simply because you don't comprehend it.

RAVENS WIN TONIGHT GIVES US MORE SCENARIOS TO GET IN THAN A RAVENS LOSS. The only way a Ravens loss tonight would help us is if the Ravens were to go on to lose to the Lions or the Bears.

JETS have common opponent tiebreaker over Ravens if Jets win out, so if the Ravens lose to another AFC team the rest of the way, we have the tiebreaker on them. CINCY can lose the next 2 tough road games, BAL could win it's next 3 then we would still be alive even if BAL wins at PIT, however, if BAL loses tonight and then proceeds to win out, we are DONE... GET IT???[/QUOTE]

YES, but why do you keep ASSUMING that baltimore will win out?! They can very easily lose to either Pit, Chi, or Oak. In fact, I'd put money on them losing at least one of them versus running the table.

We need Baltimore to lose tonight, plain and simple.

We also WANT Cincinnati to create as much separation as possible, so they don't care about week 17.

GET IT????

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390362]it's not true in this case either... open your eyes

[B]GO RAVENS!!![/B][/QUOTE]

But you're the one that can't see.

Listen, you noted that at 10-6 the Jets own the tiebreaker over the Ravens (common games), right????

So why do you want the Ravens to win the division if the Jets own the tiebreaker over them????

All so that the Jets will play a desperate Bengals team playing for their playoff lives????

Your point really doesn't make sense.

All League
    I agree that a Ravens wins gives the Jets a greater percentage to make the Playoffs. The ideal scenario would have been for the Steelers and the Ravens to keep winning and both enter their head-to-head matchup with 5 losses paired with the Bengals losing to SD and Minn.

The Raiders ****ed that one up big time.

To me it still seems that the easiest and [b]most logical[/b] way for the Jets to make it is if the Ravens now win out and the Bengals lose to Minn. and SD. People here keep whining about hoping that Cinn. has nothing to play for.. but guess what.. in that scenario neither would the Jets.

Bengals at Jets Week 17 with a playoff spot on the line.. how could fans not desire this scenario is beyond me. This is [b]ideal[/b]. In fact, it would be an early [b]home playoff game![/b] If the Jets win they deserve to be in. It is as if everyone is praying for every team the Jets play to lay down and die, the Jets can beat these teams.
    Last edited by CV 40; 12-07-2009 at 12:25 PM.

All League
    I'll be a hometown fan tonight....

Go RAVENS (assuming the Jets win out )
    Last edited by Green&White51; 12-07-2009 at 12:29 PM.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3390363]YES, but why do you keep ASSUMING that baltimore will win out?! They can very easily lose to either Pit, Chi, or Oak. In fact, I'd put money on them losing at least one of them versus running the table.

We need Baltimore to lose tonight, plain and simple.

We also WANT Cincinnati to create as much separation as possible, so they don't care about week 17.

GET IT????[/QUOTE]

Cincy will only rest people if the game has no impact on playoff seeding... that's not going to happen.

I can see the Ravens losing at PIT, but don't want our playoffs depending on it. If Ravens win tonight, and lose to PIT we are in regardless.

it's pretty simple. the ravens are afc and the packers nfc. we don't care what happens in the nfc just the afc so we want the ravens to lose.

All Pro
    I've been pulling for the Packers for a while now, so tonight will be an easy game for me to root them on. Gotta respect what the Ravens do on defense, but the Packers D has been playing pretty well as of late too. Just hope that Rodgers can get his passes off early enough before his O-line lets Ray and company through for the sack.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390360]it's not that simple... don't make it out to be something that it's not simply because you don't comprehend it.

JETS have common opponent tiebreaker over Ravens if Jets win out, so if the Ravens lose to another AFC team the rest of the way, we have the tiebreaker on them. CINCY can lose the next 2 tough road games, BAL could win it's next 3 then we would still be alive even if BAL wins at PIT, however, if BAL loses tonight [B]and then proceeds to win out[/B], we are DONE... GET IT???[/QUOTE] Again, I don't subscribe to the "predict the future" theories. If I did, I could just as easily say the Ravens win tonight and then win out anyway and we're still done. All I know is, when an AFC team plays against an NFC team, I want the NFC team to win. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain when a NFC team beats an AFC team.

Your problem is, you're overthinking the whole thing.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    what jet fans overthinking??? are you serious..lol..

i will never root for the ravens, so i am pulling for the packers. :yes:

All League
    What is more likely:

Bengals lose to Minn., SD
    Ravens beat GB, Lions, Bears, Raiders, Steelers

-or-

Ravens lose to Lions, Bears, Raiders, or Steelers.

I'm favoring the first.

[QUOTE=CV 40;3390404]What is more likely:

Bengals lose to Minn., SD
    Ravens beat GB, Lions, Bears, Raiders, Steelers

-or-

Ravens lose to Lions, Bears, Raiders, or Steelers.

I'm favoring the first.[/QUOTE]

the 2nd one..
    so your saying it is more likely the bengals go 0-2 AND Ravens go 4-0 than the Ravens losing to ONE team out of 4???

[QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390360]... GET IT???[/QUOTE]

... GOT IT!!!

... congratulations, welcome to the ignore list ...

l_j_r

I am looking forward to see how Carolina does against Pats

All League
    [QUOTE=Gholstons Revenge;3390416]the 2nd one..
    so your saying it is more likely the bengals go 0-2 AND Ravens go 4-0 than the Ravens losing to ONE team out of 4???[/QUOTE]

When three of those four teams are among some of the worst teams in the league this year (With Pitt spiraling downward) while Minn. and SD are Top 5 teams.. Yes.

[QUOTE=TampaT;3390420]I am looking forward to see how Carolina does against Pats[/QUOTE]

me too. idiots on this site already crown NE Division Champs. I love those threads where the JI Analysts already gave the Pats the W before they even played the game, well re-adjust your breakdown and be ready for some more L's for the *Cheatriots

8-3 Jets managed to not make the playoffs, what makes the 7-5 gimp knee a lock for it?