View Poll Results: who are we rooting for?!?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go Ravens!

5 10.87%
  • Go Packers!

33 71.74%
  • I slept through calculus

8 17.39%
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GO RAVENS TONIGHT!!!

GO RAVENS TONIGHT!!!

I hear a lot of people talking about the Jets needing the Ravens to LOSE tonight, when in reality, a Ravens win would benefit the Jets more than a loss. Here's why (assuming we win out):

-a Ravens LOSS tonight, followed by 3 wins and they beat us in CONFERENCE RECORD tiebreaker
    -a Ravens WIN tonight doesn't really hurt us because:
    -we can't beat them in tiebreaker unless they lose to an AFC team
    -if Ravens WIN OUT they have a shot at winning the Division if CINCY loses at MIN, SD and JETS and if that happens we would then beat CINCY through head-to-head tiebreaker for the Wild Card

Bottom line is, a Ravens win tonight keeps 2 scenarios open for us where as a Ravens LOSS would only help us if they were to lose to another non-AFC team: Detroit or Chicago at home.. I think theres a better chance of CINCY losing at MIN and SD.

All League
    no. i will root for them to lose.

and go the Mangini Browns Thursday!!!

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    i am rooting for froggy, i mean rodgers and the pack to beat the hell out of the ravens tonight... i think i need to find some yellow and green to wear tonight. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TampaT;3390252]and go the Mangini Browns Thursday!!![/QUOTE]
    oh dont worry, i could definately see them winning thursday against the steelers.

Jets Insider VIP
    [B]Sackdancer, you couldn't be more wrong.[/B]

The Bengals are 6-0 in the division with a 2 game lead over the Ravens (9-3 vs. 6-5) and the head-to-head tiebreaker.

In order for the Ravens to win the division, they'd need the Bengals to lose 3 games and the Ravens to win outright (11-5 vs. 10-6).

Plus, the Jets want the Bengals to rest everybody week 17. Under your scenario, the Bengals would be playing that game for their playoff lives.

The Jets need the Ravens to go to 7-6.
    Last edited by SMC; 12-07-2009 at 11:27 AM.

no, we need the Ravens to lose so that Cincy wraps up the Division Title ASAP.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3390261]no, we need the Ravens to lose so that Cincy wraps up the Division Title ASAP.[/QUOTE]
    that will be the closest to a title cincy will get, they will never make it the superbowl

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3390264]that will be the closest to a title cincy will get, they will never make it the superbowl[/QUOTE]

sure, whatever, i don't give a **** :D

i just want Cincy to have very little to play for in Week 17 :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    even if they have the division wrapped up, i doubt palmer will want to sit out week 17. he will want to play and if he plays, i would have to say he is the better qb of the two on the field.(did i just say that... ??)

All League
    Can we delete this thread? We seriously do not want the Ravens to win.

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3390268]even if they have the division wrapped up, i doubt palmer will want to sit out week 17. he will want to play and if he plays, i would have to say he is the better qb of the two on the field.(did i just say that... ??)[/QUOTE]

when did you become a troll?? :rolleyes:

go back to being a tease, will ya?

... not a chance ...

... rooting 100% for ravens to lose ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    GO PACK, although I don't see us getting in. The fact that there are threads like this should tell ya something. The Eagles made it in when all the planets aligned last year, however, they had 3 divisional games, we do not.

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3390268]even if they have the division wrapped up, i doubt palmer will want to sit out week 17. he will want to play and if he plays, i would have to say he is the better qb of the two on the field.(did i just say that... ??)[/QUOTE]

You would have to say that Carson Palmer the 6th year veteran is better than Mark Sanchez the rookie... uhh, no kidding. I think you'd find very few, if any, Jets fans who wouldn't agree with that statement.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390247]I hear a lot of people talking about the Jets needing the Ravens to LOSE tonight, when in reality, a Ravens win would benefit the Jets more than a loss. Here's why (assuming we win out):

-a Ravens LOSS tonight, followed by 3 wins and they beat us in CONFERENCE RECORD tiebreaker
    -a Ravens WIN tonight doesn't really hurt us because:
    -we can't beat them in tiebreaker unless they lose to an AFC team
    -if Ravens WIN OUT they have a shot at winning the Division if CINCY loses at MIN, SD and JETS and if that happens we would then beat CINCY through head-to-head tiebreaker for the Wild Card

Bottom line is, a Ravens win tonight keeps 2 scenarios open for us where as a Ravens LOSS would only help us if they were to lose to another non-AFC team: Detroit or Chicago at home.. I think theres a better chance of CINCY losing at MIN and SD.[/QUOTE]

Absurd. Completely absurd. Your entire rationale is based on them being in an improbable tie for their division lead with Cincy.

:confused:

How about this. Their losing tonight puts them one more loss away from being in our rear view mirror (assuming we win out). That's far more likely a scenerio.

:yes:

can you guys read? Ravens need to lose to an AFC team or else it doesn't help us.

Are you saying there is NO WAY the Bengals can lose 2 in a row at MIN and SD???

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SMC;3390259][B]Sackdancer, you couldn't be more wrong.[/B]

The Bengals are 6-0 in the division with a 2 game lead over the Ravens (9-3 vs. 6-5) and the head-to-head tiebreaker.

In order for the Ravens to win the division, they'd need the Bengals to lose 3 games and the Ravens to win outright (11-5 vs. 10-6).

Plus, the Jets want the Bengals to rest everybody week 17. Under your scenario, the Bengals would be playing that game for their playoff lives.

The Jets need the Ravens to go to 7-6.[/QUOTE]

Exactly - the Jets have a better "chance" at winning the AFC East than the Ravens do of winning the AFC North.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SackDancer99;3390299]can you guys read? Ravens need to lose to an AFC team or else it doesn't help us.

Are you saying there is NO WAY the Bengals can lose 2 in a row at MIN and SD???[/QUOTE]
    i could see the bengals losing both of them games, however it seems like lady luck is on their side this year for some reason.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3390289]GO PACK, although I don't see us getting in. The fact that there are threads like this should tell ya something. The Eagles made it in when all the planets aligned last year, however, they had 3 divisional games, we do not.[/QUOTE]

True, but the Eagles divisional games didn't matter in the end because they got in via overall record.

The Eagles were 9-6-1 (.594) while there were 3 other teams at 9-7 (.563).

That's similar to how the Jets have to get in. They need to be 10-6 with everyone else 9-7.