Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Jets Fans have Grown Accustomed to Losing

Some Jets Fans have Grown Accustomed to Losing

If you're a Jets fan and you're rooting for this team to beat that team and this to happen and that to happen, you're a loser.

You have become accustomed to losing, and you're hoping for some weird set of circumstances to occur so that the Jets can "make it to the playoffs".

Like that's the goal.

How about building a winning team. A team that doesn't have to root for some bizarre set of 32 things to happen in order for us to make it to the playoffs. How about a team that sweeps the Bills. How about a team that beats the Dolphins on occasion. How about a team that - God forbid - sweeps the Patriots.

Like it or not, the wagon is hitched to #6.

Right now, the development of Mark Sanchez - win or lose the next 4 games - is infinitely more important than hoping this or that team loses to so and so.

If you don't see that, then you are just ignorant
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 12-07-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: take it easy there

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    If you're a Jets fan and you're rooting for this team to beat that team and this to happen and that to happen, you're a loser.

You have become accustomed to losing, and you're hoping for some weird set of circumstances to occur so that the Jets can "make it to the playoffs".

Like that's the goal.

How about building a winning team. A team that doesn't have to root for some bizarre set of 32 things to happen in order for us to make it to the playoffs. How about a team that sweeps the Bills. How about a team that beats the Dolphins on occasion. How about a team that - God forbid - sweeps the Patriots.

Right now, the development of Mark Sanchez - win or lose the next 4 games - is infinitely more important than hoping this or that team loses to so and so.

If you don't see that, then you are just an ignorant ****ing stuping jackass.
    Back down from the ledge, put the gun down and stop drinking.

BTW, your delivery is a bit rough but I agree with you.

Hall Of Fame

Like that's the goal.

If you don't see that, then you are just an ignorant ****ing stuping jackass.
    actually, that is the goal...the ONLY goal for a team every season is to win a championship, and you can't do that unless you make the playoffs...so as sad as it is that we have to root for "this team or that team" to lose, what the hell is the point of winning the next 4 games if it isnt coupled with a shot at the championship?

the only winning team in the NFL is the one that walks off with a lombardi trophy...10-6 and no playoffs doesn't mean a damn thing in the grand scheme of things, and if you dont see that, then...you should probably look harder

Hall Of Fame
    Nailed it.

At the very least, how about worrying about the Jets winning their games rather than focusing on other teams?

Continued improvement from the coaching staff and the team, particularly the ability to learn from their mistakes, and the further development of Sanchez. That's all I'm looking for now. Anything after that is house money.

Roger Vick is on fire.

Like that's the goal.

Nice Post.

All League
    Harsh but true.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I love the amount of posters coming out of the woodwork to judge other Jet fans this week, whether it be the PSL thread or this one.

Dont fricken worry about my fandom, thank youz.

Worry about your fricken team.

_

All League
    Why in a way, shape or form, does that make someone a loser Rooting for your team till the final tick is all that matters. Some of the greatest teams have come from adversity and won.

The 2004 Red sox came back from being down 3-0 and That team will go down as one of the best stories ever. Its easy to root for a team in the lead. To give up when the team is on its last string..... thats pathetic and sad. As far as im concerned, that is called "Fair Weather Fan" But hey do what you like. Its a free country and if you want to be "Debbie Downer" when they are not doing well and a Super fan when they do....... go for it. Like I said, Its a free country, but is kinda pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I love the amount of posters coming out of the woodwork to judge other Jet fans this week, whether it be the PSL thread or this one.

_
    I wholely and fully support this product or service, and would use it again if the opportunity presented itself.

do you realize that the giants won the superbowl after going 10-6, and that the cards were one play away from winning a superbowl after being an incredibly MEDIOCRE 9-7 during the regular season?

All Pro
    As NE has proven, rooting for a team that is perfect for an entire season up until the last minute of the SB can be so very rewarding.

All Pro

_
    Your fandom makes me question my fandom.

Schluberator & Gadfly

Like that's the goal.

What I did see was lack of a puncuation mark after ignorant.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    do you realize that the giants won the superbowl after going 10-6, and that the cards were one play away from winning a superbowl after being an incredibly MEDIOCRE 9-7 during the regular season?
    I dont think some do. I think they want the "perfect Season". What some fans have been accustomed to doing is saying... " Well Folks our season is done...lets throw in the towel and develop our rookies, cuz you know there is always next year" This guy wants to talk about fans being ignorant and losers. HAHAHA talk about giving up on the team....losers???

All League
    I primarily root for the Jets just to win their games, but in situations like these it makes it a little bit more interesting to watch the playoff scenarios unfold when you know your team may still have a chance and everything could change come playoff time.

Jets Insider VIP

_

You're not a real fan!

(By the way, for or against Baltimore tonight?)

RV's post can be considered a personal attack on many this boards members. An immediate ban is in order.
    Or if not right away then right after the Ravens lose cause we need them to lose to keep hope alive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Getting into the playoffs would be fun but I can't get into those crazy scenarios at this point. I'm not even sure we're going to beat Tampa Bay, much less win out. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the games and hopefully watch Sanchez continue his development.

Banned
    So I'm a loser for dreaming about my Jets making it to the playoffs with a 1st year head coach, along with a rookie QB under center? Nice to know.

I'm a loser, because I would love to see the Jets go 10-6 with the Dolphins losing 1 game, along with both the Patriots and Ravens losing two games each? That makes me a loser because I pulled HARD for a Raiders W over the Steelers yesterday?

No my friend; the only loser, is a person calling other Jet fans "losers", because we dream of watching this Jets team making it into the playoffs.

Like that's the goal.
    Since when did 'I' become "accustomed to losing"? Since when was 'I', the Jets? The Jets are a team, I am not the Jets. I am not a loser, because I'm pulling for my team to make the playoffs.

The Jets haven't won since 1969, that has nothing to do with the Jets of 2009. Any fan that does, is the real loser. These Jets of 2009 aren't "losers", they have never had a losing season under Rex Ryan or Mark Sanchez, this Jets team is actually a .500 team going for 7-6 this Sunday against the Bucs.

How about building a winning team.
    The Jets have been building a winning team, we even went 9-7 last season; the Lions went 0-16.

A team that doesn't have to root for some bizarre set of 32 things to happen in order for us to make it to the playoffs.
    "32 things to happen"? Lets see. The Jets going 10-6= 1 thing. The Patriots losing 2 games=2 things. The Jaguars losing 2 games=3 things. The Dolphins losing 1 game=4 things. "32 things"? Just because you have NO IDEA on how to follow a Football season, without your team being (12-0 as of right now), doesn't mean everyone else is like you. In my eyes, only a loser doesn't know how to pull for his team to make the playoffs. Only a loser will "love his team when their up, kick them when their down, and cry about it when their in the middle".

How about a team that sweeps the Bills. How about a team that beats the Dolphins on occasion. How about a team that - God forbid - sweeps the Patriots.
    So...You are blaming the Jets as a team, for losing to the Bills? You do know that Sanchez threw 5 INT's right? You do know that the Jets Defense played tough enough to over come those 5 INT's and make it into O.T right? Beat the Dolphins on occasion? Do you know the Jets record against the Dolphins since 2000? Look it up, before you make those stupid ass comments. Sweep the Patriots? What, splitting with a rookie QB and rookie coach isn't 'good enough' for you?

So...The "development" of Mark Sanchez is more important that a Jets playoff apperance? wow. Pretty damn sad, coming from a fan who expects this Rookie to sweep the Bills, Dolphins and Pats during his rookie season.

How can you talk about the playoffs...Followed by the 'development' of Mark Sanchez?

Nice to know.
    Last edited by DefenseWinsChampionships2; 12-07-2009 at 08:30 PM.