Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTV Staff receiving death threats over Jersey Shore reality show

Jets Insider VIP

MTV Staff receiving death threats over Jersey Shore reality show

Whoa!

And you think people on this messageboard get a little heated and engage in personal attacks!?!?! At least we don't have death threats here.....as far as I know!

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/12/08/mtv-staff-getting-death-threats-jersey-shore/[/url]

[QUOTE]Source: MTV Staff Getting Death Threats Over 'Jersey Shore'
    LOS ANGELES

A few MTV staffers are reportedly fearing for their lives after the debut of the controversial reality show

Just because “Jersey Shore” got hot ratings doesn't mean all of MTV was happy with the outcome.

Pop Tarts has been told that some MTV staffers connected with the show have reason to be pretty afraid since the controversial debut of “Jersey Shore” on Thursday night.

“The MTV building in Times Square was getting crazy threats and they are in the process of hiring more security in bodyguards,” an insider told Tarts, adding that individuals involved with the press component on the show were being bombarded with abusive emails, phone calls and facebook messages - many of which involved death threats.

A spokesman for MTV adamantly denied the claim, however, saying Tuesday that the company "has not received any death threats."

But Tarts' insider charged, “people were going totally crazy, it was a nightmare."

The “Real World” style show features a group of Italian-Americans in a summer house together in which they refer to each other as “guidos” and “guidettes” which has enraged other Italian-Americans.

SLIDESHOW: The Cast of the Jersey Shore

"Their behavior is reprehensible and demeaning in all respects," André DiMino, the president of Unico National, told the NY Times."I don't see any redeeming value in the show. They are an embarrassment to themselves and to their families."

Fox411: 'Jersey Shore' Glossary

Even the Jersey Shore Convention and Visitors Bureau are hopping mad over the show.

MTV is providing a one-dimensional, dramatized version of a very small group of visitors’ summer experiences in one Jersey Shore town,” Daniel Cappello, executive director of the Jersey Shore Convention and Visitors Bureau said in a statement. “We're flattered that MTV thinks we're an interesting enough destination to warrant an entire reality series,” said Cappello. “But the national TV audience is hardly getting the full story.”

Fox411: Jersey Shore Proves Critics Right

And even despite safety fears for their staff, public outcry and the fact that advertisers such as Domino's Pizza have already pulled the plug on advertising during the controversial series, MTV are not backing down.

"We understand that this show is not intended for every audience and depicts just one aspect of youth culture. Our intention was never to stereotype, discriminate or offend,” said an MTV spokesperson.[/QUOTE]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3393749]Whoa!

And you think people on this messageboard get a little heated and engage in personal attacks!?!?! At least we don't have death threats here.....as far as I know!

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/12/08/mtv-staff-getting-death-threats-jersey-shore/[/url][/QUOTE]

Look at that! MTV is now standing all alone at the cash machine. One thing is for sure, nobody is going to kill their viewers. Those dopes will take anything hot and soupy that MTV serves up.

Paraphrasing the FedEx commercial...[SIZE="1"]"I'm sorry, Italian-Americans"[/SIZE].

Hall Of Fame
    One of the threats-

"Whilst I deplore violence, I shall strike you with a hand-hewn chair."

All League
    i see. some group of italian-americans were so insulted by the sterotypes protrayed in this show that they decided to put a hit out on the staff. interesting.

[IMG]http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/reeltime/godfather2.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by loluchka80; 12-09-2009 at 07:12 AM.

Veteran
    Im sorry but if these people are upset at how they are being depicted they should take the people who act like these cast members and slap them upside the head.

Its the guidos and "guidettes" that are the joke

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Stronso;3393808]Im sorry but if these people are upset at how they are being depicted they should take the people who act like these cast members and slap them upside the head.

Its the guidos and "guidettes" that are the joke[/QUOTE]

+1000.

BTW, is it just me....or do all McDonald's commercials only have black people in them now. I mean, it isn't "nice" to stereotype...but...ya know...:O

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Stronso;3393808]
    Its the guidos and "guidettes" that are the joke[/QUOTE]

While watching this show, I flashbacked to how bizzerk the JI Italian-Americans got in the pasta sauce/gravy thread.:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3393797]One of the threats-

"Whilst I deplore violence, I shall strike you with a hand-hewn chair."[/QUOTE]

LMAO....

"the killer fled the scene sporting an ascot and carry a book bag. The SInatra "Vegas Christmas" CD was found at the scene and was vouchered for forensic examination".

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3393797]One of the threats-

"Whilst I deplore violence, I shall strike you with a hand-hewn chair."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=32green;3393837]LMAO....

"the killer fled the scene sporting an ascot and carry a book bag. The SInatra "Vegas Christmas" CD was found at the scene and was vouchered for forensic examination".[/QUOTE]

Oh no, they're on to me!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3393835]While watching this show, I flashbacked to how bizzerk the JI Italian-Americans got in the pasta sauce/gravy thread.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Its gravy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3393835]While watching this show, I flashbacked to how bizzerk the JI Italian-Americans got in the pasta sauce/gravy thread.:eek:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=petejet;3394242]Its gravy.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand away we go again........

:rolleyes:

:D

_

Banned
    [QUOTE=loluchka80;3393801]i see. some group of italian-americans were so insulted by the sterotypes protrayed in this show that they decided to put a hit out on the staff. interesting.

[IMG]http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/reeltime/godfather2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Somebody got the order. Time to go into witness protection.

Bunch of Wops.

you know how in the Godfather, they said an all-out war between the families was sort of a necessity every 10 years or so, how it was a sort of cleansing and all that??

it might be about that time again:

[IMG]http://13.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktp1niwYAl1qzg7j1o1_400.jpg[/IMG]

I'll kill you jetstream for making this thread
    [IMG]http://www.guidofistpump.com/freak.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Can someone please explain the lip thing in all these pictures? WTF is with the pouty lips that people seem to sport in pictures the past couple of years???

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3395063]Can someone please explain the lip thing in all these pictures? WTF is with the pouty lips that people seem to sport in pictures the past couple of years???[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/laura235_2006/guido.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3393835]While watching this show, I flashbacked to [B]how bizzerk the JI Italian-Americans got in the pasta sauce/gravy thread[/B].:eek:[/QUOTE]

lol I remember that one. I posted "Just use Ragu!" to see all the nasty reactions I'd get and got one, maybe two nibbles. No outrage :confused:

If anybody should be receiving death threats, it's the douche bags on the show.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;3394562]

[IMG]http://13.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ktp1niwYAl1qzg7j1o1_400.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Seriously - look at these douchebags.......WTF with the lips thing?

Can anyone take them seriously? I just look at them and just shake my head