Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liam Neeson- Taken

Liam Neeson- Taken

Just caught it on TV. Thought it was a great movie. Liam Neeson is the perfect role for playing a CIA badass. Great flick if you catch it.

Hall Of Fame
    I love the scene where the guy on the boat has the you-know-what, and just as he's about to try to negotiate... he gets my kinda answer. :yes:

EDIT: I love the dinner party at his pal's too.

[QUOTE=freestater;3394732]I love the scene where the guy on the boat has the you-know-what, and just as he's about to try to negotiate... he gets my kinda answer. :yes:

EDIT: I love the dinner party at his pal's too.[/QUOTE]

;) no exactly what you're talking about, way to tell a scene without giving anything away.

I enjoyed the movie, didn't expect much and it was a lot better than I ever thought it would of been.

[QUOTE=cr726;3394757]I enjoyed the movie, didn't expect much and it was a lot better than I ever thought it would of been.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I felt. Liam Neeson is one of the most underrated actors of all time. The guy is great in every movie he plays in.

I agree.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3394765]Exactly how I felt. Liam Neeson is one of the most underrated actors of all time. The guy is great in every movie he plays in.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Excellent action movie. I walked into the movie theater expecting nothing and was pleasantly surprised. Neeson is great in this role - I hope he makes another movie with the same character like Matt Damon did with Jason Bourne.

Hall Of Fame
    Loved it. Walked out of the theater and my GF said "he's better than James Bond!" :D

good movie..and liam is bad ass..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3394710]Just caught it on TV. Thought it was a great movie. Liam Neeson is the perfect role for playing a CIA badass. Great flick if you catch it.[/QUOTE]

Yep..... I liked it too.

Liam Neeson is a good actor, no question.

Very pleasantly surprised with this one as well.

I have it on DVD. Great movie and I watched it the other night on HBO where I noticed a difference from the DVD version....

The scene where Neeson's character puts the alligator clamps on the metal garden chair, well, in the DVD version he instead jams nails in the guy's thighs and clamps the battery to those. Why was that edited out for HBO I wonder?
    Last edited by VivaSanchez; 12-09-2009 at 04:25 PM.

[QUOTE=VivaSanchez;3394963]I have it on DVD. Great movie and I watched it the other night on HBO where I noticed a difference from the DVD version....

The scene where Neeson's character puts the alligator clamps on the metal garden chair, well, in the DVD version he instead jams nails in the guy's thighs and clamps the battery to those. Why was that edited out for HBO I wonder?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I noticed this also. The clamps to the legs was a nice affect :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Can I make a similar movie suggestion?

I found Taken to be one of those rare "edge-of-your-seat for about the last hour" type of movies. Once Neeson gets on the trail, he can't afford to lose it, because once he does, his daughter is gone forever.

Another movie had that same feel towards the end.

The Kingdom.

Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman.

Really good flick, great story and action, nail-biter ending.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3395019]Can I make a similar movie suggestion?

I found Taken to be one of those rare "edge-of-your-seat for about the last hour" type of movies. Once Neeson gets on the trail, he can't afford to lose it, because once he does, his daughter is gone forever.

Another movie had that same feel towards the end.

The Kingdom.

Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman.

Really good flick, great story and action, nail-biter ending.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, i liked it too

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Fantastic movie! I saw it twice, when it came out in the theater. Once the action starts, it doesn't stop!

Jets Insider VIP
    Liam Neeson did a movie in 1988 called "[B]The Good Mother"[/B] directed by Leonard Nimoy.

I saw it by "flipping channels on HBO many years ago before Neeson was a big actor.

It shows his outstanding acting ability.

Bit of a chick fick but I remember saying to myself... who is this guy. he's talented.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    great flick

I liked the fact that it was only 93 minutes ... no slow parts. One of those movies where it may be impossible to count how many guys he kills. Around 50 perhaps?

[QUOTE=Jets4life335;3395158]I liked the fact that it was only 93 minutes ... no slow parts. One of those movies where it may be impossible to count how many guys he kills. Around 50 perhaps?[/QUOTE]

naaaah not that many