Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHO'S WATCHING..THESE SHOWS

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

WHO'S WATCHING..THESE SHOWS

DEXTER ON SHOWTIME INCREDIBLE SEASON,JOHN LITHGOW IS GREAT VILLIAN SEASON FINALE SUNDAY.MAN VS FOOD TRAVEL CHANNEL IS SOO GREAT ADAM RICHMAN ROCKS ..COMMENTS???
    Ginag8500
    :yes:
    Maybe dexter can cut up Lithgow and Adam can eat him??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ginag8500;3396014]COMMENTS???[/QUOTE]

I like pot. :)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dexter is the best show on Television

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard Dexter is great, I've never seen it...maybe its on demand tv?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][U]Alleged "Dexter" Killer Andrew Conley Pleads Not Guilty to Strangling Younger Brother[/U][/B]

[URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/16/crimesider/entry5672949.shtml"]http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/16/crimesider/entry5672949.shtml[/URL]

Posted by Edecio Martinez
    December 7, 2009 9:15 AM

RISING SUN, Ind. (CBS/AP) Showing no emotion, Andrew Conley, the Indiana teen who, police say, idolized television serial killer "Dexter" pleaded not guilty to killing his 10-year-old brother.

At the same time, just a few blocks from the courthouse, his mother and father were greeting mourners who came to pay respects to their slain younger son.

The 17-year-old was charged as an adult in Ohio Circuit Court with murdering his brother, Conner Conley, a decision that the boys' parents supported, said Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard. In front of a few of his friends, the teen answered only basic questions during Friday's hearing. His attorney, Gary Sorge, entered a not guilty plea on his behalf, and left the courthouse without talking to reporters.

Nearby, the boys' parents, Shawn and Bridget Conley, greeted a steady stream of friends and well-wishers who came to a viewing of Connor's body at the Markland Funeral Home. The fifth-grader was dressed in a dark suit and lay in an open casket.

The boy's killing has left residents of this small Ohio River town 90 miles southeast of Indianapolis shaken and confused.

According to prosecutors, Andrew Conley, told investigators he strangled Conner while they were wrestling at their home Sunday, then drove his body to a park and dumped it. They say he said he did it to satisfy his craving to kill.

Townspeople described Andrew on Friday as "nice," "normal," and "polite." A relative of the family, Debbie Snyder, said the Conleys were a "strong" and "balanced" family.

And school officials said the brothers were good students and had many friends. Andrew got As and Bs, was a member of the Spanish club and had no record of disciplinary problems.

The Conleys withdrew Andrew from school on Nov. 16, 12 days before Conner's body was found near a city park, Rising Sun-Ohio County Community Schools Superintendent Stephen Patz said Friday. He declined to say why, and the parents have not talked to the media.

Prosecutors, in an affidavit, said Andrew Conley showed no remorse when he entered the police station Sunday and announced that he had killed his brother.

They said he described how he choked his younger brother, saying he strangled the boy to satisfy a craving like a hungry person eating a hamburger.

They also said Conley told investigators that killing his brother made him feel like the fictional television serial killer "Dexter," and that he had cut himself in the past.

Dr. Lisa Boesky, a San Diego child psychologist and expert on teen and child behavior, said the boy's alleged self-mutilation indicated he may have been suffering from depression or anxiety, or experiencing overwhelming emotions such as rage.

Boesky said teens who kill nearly always have deep, underlying problems and that it was unlikely the television show influenced Conley's actions.

"It's rarely something that happens overnight," she said. "This is not caused by a television show or a fight with their parents. This is typically indicative of a serious disturbance. And clearly in cases like this, it indicates that something is seriously wrong."

A white cross stood Friday at the site in the park near where Connor's body was found with the messages "In loving memory of" and "classmates of Conner 2009."

Connor's great-uncle, Al Snyder, attended the visitation Friday and described the boy as outgoing, artistic and articulate.

"He could carry on a conversation better than most adults I know," Snyder, 48, of Camden, N.Y., told The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Pastor Jim Jenkins of the First Baptist Church of Rising Sun is among the clergy helping counsel students and staff at the two schools. He said the case has been especially hard on Conner's fifth-grade classmates.

"You've got a class of 20 children and all of a sudden one of them is not there and they've been murdered and their face is all over TV and the story is all over the radio," he said.

Patz, the school superintendent, said it was impossible to make sense of the crime.

"Everyone is just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together and they aren't fitting," Patz said. "They may never fit."

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

DEXTER AND MAN VS FOOD..ANY FANS???

[QUOTE=ginag8500;3396014]DEXTER ON SHOWTIME INCREDIBLE SEASON,JOHN LITHGOW IS GREAT VILLIAN SEASON FINALE SUNDAY.MAN VS FOOD TRAVEL CHANNEL IS SOO GREAT ADAM RICHMAN ROCKS ..COMMENTS???
    Ginag8500
    Maybe dexter can cut up Lithgow and Adam can eat him??[/QUOTE]

ANY JI FANS INTO THESE GREAT SHOWS??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ginag8500;3396081]ANY JI FANS INTO THESE GREAT SHOWS??
    :yes:[/QUOTE]

I named my son Dexter...

...so I'm gonna go with "yes"...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ginag8500;3396081]I HAD SEX WITH MY SISTER
    :yes:[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

MIS PRINT...

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3396099]:eek:[/QUOTE]
    ACTUALLY IT WAS YOUR SISTER,TELL HER SHE GAVE ME THE WRONG CHANGE FOR MY 5.00 BILL...XXX g

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3396021]I've heard Dexter is great, I've never seen it...maybe its on demand tv?[/QUOTE]

All four seasons are on Showtime OnDemand. Totally worth it.

Killer show.

No pun intended. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ha Ha Ha;3396127]All four seasons are on Showtime OnDemand. Totally worth it.

Killer show.

No pun intended. :D[/QUOTE]
    thanks...I guess watch from the start or is that a waste of time?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3396155]thanks...I guess watch from the start or is that a waste of time?[/QUOTE]

F*** no. Definitely watch it from the beginning. Rent the previous seasons at Blockbuster...you won't be disappointed, JW...

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3396155]thanks...I guess watch from the start or is that a waste of time?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. All the seasons are fantastic. And you get to know a lot of the characters early on which totally helps the story fit in later seasons and shows.

It's a pretty addictive show, start it at Season 1, you'll get through really fast.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ha Ha Ha;3396184It's a pretty addictive show....[/QUOTE]

+1

I remember when me and the wife first saw the previews. I said "Wait wait wait wait wait. A show about a serial killer who kills serial killers. What could possibly be better than that? Aside for The Wire"....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ginag8500;3396106]ACTUALLY IT WAS YOUR SISTER,TELL HER SHE GAVE ME THE WRONG CHANGE FOR MY 5.00 BILL...XXX g[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad3Hzsy1-20[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sean Avery;3396019]Dexter is the best show on Television[/QUOTE]

Co-sign. I'm actually a little nervous for what's going to happen in the next episode now that Arthur Mitchell knows who Dexter really is. Lithgow is incredible as AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3396638]Co-sign. I'm actually a little nervous for what's going to happen in the next episode now that Arthur Mitchell knows who Dexter really is. Lithgow is incredible as AM.[/QUOTE]

'Hello Dexter Morgan"

That was epic.

Word is "there will be a turn so unexpected tht it change the whole series"

I just hope it's not a cliff hanger, I don't want to wait around a year before finding out what happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3396201]+1

I remember when me and the wife first saw the previews. I said "Wait wait wait wait wait. A show about a serial killer who kills serial killers. What could possibly be better than that? Aside for The Wire"....[/QUOTE]

Dexter's definitely the best show on TV right now. As for the Wire, I recently started watching it online because unfortunately I never got into it when it originally aired. Absolutely fantastic show, probably the best of all time IMO. So original and real, it makes Dexter look like child's play. I just finished the 3rd season, and I'll be receiving seasons 4 and 5 on DVD for Xmas. Omar comin :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOOD SHOWS

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Man v. Food last night. Adam barely missed winning the 5 fat cat challenge.