Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Penn

0 0%
  • Sanchez

2 100.00%

Thread: Penn Vs Sanchez - UFC 107

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Penn Vs Sanchez - UFC 107

I am pumped up for this fight and will be rooting for Sanchez. What about everyone else?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm rooting for Sanchez as well. I would like to see Penn's winning streak come to an end, and I haven't liked him since he complained after his loss to GSP.

But I'm really looking forward to seeing Mir get his ass handed to him by Kongo.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mir is a jackass. I can't stand him. I hope Kongo knocks his ass out. The other good fight is KenFlo Vs The Carpenter. I like both fighters but I think I am going to be rooting for Clay "The Carpenter" Guida. Guida gives 100% and is always fun to watch.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was a great night of fights.

I have a lot of respect for Mir now, the way he finished off Kongo. Is it just me, or does it look like he gained a lot of muscle weight since the Lesnar fight?

Words can't describe how much of a zone BJ Penn is in now. He not only beat Sanchez, he outclassed him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a good group of fights. They were all good. BJ Penn was an animal on Saturday. That was a beat down. After watching Sanchez's face before they shook hands I kind of wanted to see him get beat. When they showed the cut above Sanchez eye I almost puked in my mouth. The KenFlo-Carpenter fight was good too. Guida just does not stop but KenFlo was just too much for him. Mir is a lot bigger. That's what Joe Rogan kept saying as well. When he had Kongo in the guillotine it looked like he was going to pop his head off. Also for the first time after the fight Mir didn't sound like a jackass. Did you see the undercard fight before the main event? That guy with the pink shorts has the worst tattoo I've ever seen. I said it looked like Kim Jung Il (spelling) but turns out it was Johnny Cash.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    This was a great night of fights.

I have a lot of respect for Mir now, the way he finished off Kongo. Is it just me, or does it look like he gained a lot of muscle weight since the Lesnar fight?

Words can't describe how much of a zone BJ Penn is in now. He not only beat Sanchez, he outclassed him.
    Mir put on 20 lbs. He has no choice if he has any intentions of competing with Lesnar.

Really good fights on Saturday. Aside from the Jon Fitch fight (his fights are always boring though), every other fight was very entertaining.

The problem the UFC is facing though is that they have 3 champs now that pretty much unbeatable. GSP, Silva, and Penn are just far and away better than anyone else in the division. I'd throw Lesnar in there as well but it's too small a sample size. The other 3 have really beaten almost everyone even remotely considered to be a challenge. Where does everyone go from here?

Penn/ GSP or Silva/GSP? I'd think Penn gets killed again and Silva beats GSP if those happen though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mir is the man... Congo didn't stand a chance. Mir is sure to be the Heavyweight Champ again while Brock is getting his insides fixed. Carwin might have a shot against Mir, but Cain and De Los Santos won't out up much of a fight.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets1981 View Post
    I am pumped up for this fight and will be rooting for Sanchez. What about everyone else?
    Same name as my team's QB so I will agree.