Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is It Bad That The Steelers Lost?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Is It Bad That The Steelers Lost?

I dont understand why there loss lastnight would hurt our playoff chances?

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not bad at all. It doesn't help in the sense that we had the tie breaker against them at 10-6, but having them at 9-7 makes the possibility of making the playoffs with that record even bigger.

The argument is that the Steelers are not going to play as hard against the Ravens if they are out of the playoff hunt. Thats BS. If they beat the Ravens they are still alive in the hunt, and if they are out of the playoff picture by that point, keeping the Ravens out will be their biggest game of the season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This Pitts loss helps us in that the more other AFC teams lose, the better position we are in to get a spot. YOu can't help but think, despite what the players say, that the Jets are watching all these games and will have more confidence in trying to run the table.

Just that little extra push in hope to get us believing that the impossible is possible. Losses like these help the Jets believe they actually have a shot and have something to play for.

AND . . . just like Pitt lost to Cleveland, the Jets are as susceptible to the Bucs!!! Can't wait until Sunday.

GO JETS!
    GO COLTS!
    LOSE JAX!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    um guys...we're not going to the playoffs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that because the Packers won it's all about the Bears so what does it have to do with the Steelers?

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3397223]um guys...we're not going to the playoffs.[/QUOTE]
    Banned.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    -since the Steelers lost last night, if they win their remaining 4 games, we will be out of the wild card

-if the Steelers had won last night they would still be alive in their Division race, leaving us a chance to get the last wild card spot even if the Steelers win out... Steelers beat DET, CHI, PIT and OAK coupled with Cincy losing on the road to MIN and SD we would then beat CIN out for final wild card spot

-the above scenario is a bit of a reach, but could definitely happen... the kicker is that the Jets would own the "common opponent" tiebreaker with the Steelers if they were to lose to another AFC team (PIT or OAK) so unless the Steelers were to lose at home to the Lions or Bears, last nights Steelers loss did nothing other than remove the possibility of us having a chance to beat out the Bengals for the final wild card spot

**please note, all of the above scenarios are based on (1) Jets winning out (2) Jax losing 2 games (3) Miami losing 1 game... all of which must happen for us to have a chance at the playoffs

*** people will want to say we still have a chance at 9-7, but that's not happening

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Area51;3397236]Banned.[/QUOTE]

But why?:huh:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3397237]-since the Steelers lost last night, if they win their remaining 4 games, we will be out of the wild card

-if the Steelers had won last night they would still be alive in their Division race, leaving us a chance to get the last wild card spot even if the Steelers win out... Steelers beat DET, CHI, PIT and OAK coupled with Cincy losing on the road to MIN and SD we would then beat CIN out for final wild card spot

-the above scenario is a bit of a reach, but could definitely happen... the kicker is that the Jets would own the "common opponent" tiebreaker with the Steelers if they were to lose to another AFC team (PIT or OAK) so unless the Steelers were to lose at home to the Lions or Bears, last nights Steelers loss did nothing other than remove the possibility of us having a chance to beat out the Bengals for the final wild card spot

**please note, all of the above scenarios are based on (1) Jets winning out (2) Jax losing 2 games (3) Miami losing 1 game... all of which must happen for us to have a chance at the playoffs

*** people will want to say we still have a chance at 9-7, but that's not happening

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Banned :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3397244]Banned :P[/QUOTE]

They CAN lose to DET... our playoff lives pretty much depend on it now. That is my point. A loss by Ravens to PIT alone would be enough for us to beat them in a tiebreaker... didn't need the Steelers loss last night

Again, only way the Steelers loss last night would end up helping is if the Raiders lose to Bears

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;3397241]But why?:huh:[/QUOTE]

WE'VE ENLIGHTENED ANOTHER ONE!

Steelers might not win out, but now they MUST lose the DET game... if Steelers won last night and beat Lions and Bears, and Bengals lose to MIN and SD, the PIT game would not matter... we'd pretty much control our own destiny (assuming JAX and MIA do what we need them to do) and the Raiders beat the Bears

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;3397248]WE'VE ENLIGHTENED ANOTHER ONE!

Steelers might not win out, but now they MUST lose the DET game... if Steelers won last night and beat Lions and Bears, and Bengals lose to MIN and SD, the PIT game would not matter... we'd pretty much control our own destiny (assuming JAX and MIA do what we need them to do) and the Raiders beat the Bears

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Of course, contingent on SF beating Arizona by at least 4 points.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;3397257]Of course, contingent on SF beating Arizona by at least 4 points.[/QUOTE]

You aren't getting it at all... seems like a lost cause.

If you want to read the post again and see my points, do it and get back to me. If you want to go on and think in simple terms, I could care less at this point.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to step away and assume that SAR is just ****ing with us. Lions? Bears? WTF?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we just lost the superbowl because the steelers lost

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure a Steelers win (and the AFC winning out) would have been better for us, because it would have made us all less likely to break something when we lose to the Bucs on Sunday.

Wait a sec - DOES THAT MEAN WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR THE WRONG TEAM????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR, this is almost 100% correct. If the Mets sign Halladay before Week 15, the Raiders game won't matter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    OUR PLAYOFF CHANCES DEPEND ON THE LIONS PERFORMANCE THIS WEEKEND!!!