Thread: XBox question- can't get online

All League

XBox question- can't get online

My son's xbox sees the signal from the wireless router but the signal isn't strong enough. The xbox is in my game room over my garage and the router is at the opposite side of the house- it's not an option to move the xbox or the router. I have an N router.

Any suggestions to increase the range or other things I can try?

Thanks .

Assuming you're using the Xbox 360 wireless adapter from Microsoft? Some say that a stand alone wireless adapter has better range than the wireless unit that Microsoft sells for the XBOX.

We use a WMB-54G music bridge from Linksys (~$30 on Amazon at the time) and we've never had a problem with range.

Same situation as yours, but wireless G. Lotsa folks going this or a similar route. Good Luck.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;3399024]My son's xbox sees the signal from the wireless router but the signal isn't strong enough. The xbox is in my game room over my garage and the router is at the opposite side of the house- it's not an option to move the xbox or the router. I have an N router.

Any suggestions to increase the range or other things I can try?

Thanks .[/QUOTE]

Did you remember to not put your tin foil hat on the xbox?

I do it the ghetto way... I connect an ethernet cable from my xbox to my laptop, and I use my laptop like a wireless adapter.