Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Thread for ACM to FINALLY Admit Being Wrong and Chad is Better Thread!

Hall Of Fame

Thumbs up The OFFICIAL Thread for ACM to FINALLY Admit Being Wrong and Chad is Better Thread!

It's about time you ACM guys finally come clean and admit how wrong you were and how right us who knew Kellen couldn't hold Chad's jock to boast

You know who you are, and so do we... so admit it and get it over with!

Quote Originally Posted by King Ryan View Post
    It's about time you ACM guys finally come clean and admit how wrong you were and how right us who knew Kellen couldn't hold Chad's jock to boast

This is ridiculous. The whole issue with Pennington was that some fans didnt think he was good enough to be a reliable starter, and that the Jets couldn't win playoff games with him (against good defenses he was terrible).
    Fans were hoping that Clemens would be better.As good as Pennington was last year, I still haven't seen proof that he can win against great defenses. So, the Jets needed to move on.

Is Pennington better than Clemens? Yes
    Can Pennington win against good defenses under any normal circumstances? Not really

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll admit it. I was right. Chad is a beast.

Chad Pennington - Jets backup qb in 2010!

All Pro
    Who outright said that Clemens was better?

People were just sick of Chad.

The whole point was that Chad Pennington sucks and not the answer for us at Quarterback, and Kellen Clemens was a question mark, he could suck (Which it looks like he does), or he could've been something decent (Which it looks like he's not). It was taking a chance on someone with some potential rather then accepting known below-average QB play.

Either way, we're rid of Pennington, and got a real Franchise QB right now, so I'm happy.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Does the fact that Clemens sucks make noodle arm any better... or justify the man love Chad-boy still gets here?

... NOPE

Niether were the answer, thats why Sanchez is our guy now... and anyone who says they rather penny than Mark, should have thier heads examined...

Agree with the general gist of this thread. People didn't like KC they hated Chaz pennytin.

Quote Originally Posted by King Ryan View Post

How is ol' Chad doing this season?

Oh.

why cant we move on from chad? it was two years ago

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    This is ridiculous. The whole issue with Pennington was that some fans didnt think he was good enough to be a reliable starter, and that the Jets couldn't win playoff games with him (against good defenses he was terrible).
    Fans were hoping that Clemens would be better.As good as Pennington was last year, I still haven't seen proof that he can win against great defenses. So, the Jets needed to move on.

Is Pennington better than Clemens? Yes
    Can Pennington win against good defenses under any normal circumstances? Not really
    the problem is people were saying clemens is better and we need to play him because chad stinks. clemens is a #3 qb playing backup. i think we now see chad was the better option. it's not even about what chad can or can't do. there was no one better. once the jets got favre, chad was gone, and he should have been. now with sanchez, clemens needs to go.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    How is ol' Chad doing this season?

Oh.
    hi production is still better than clemens'. that's just sad.

Banned
    I was a die hard supporter of Chad Pennington for many of years, the guy was a great leader for the Jets.

The bottom line is this though, he just couldn't beat great D's on a consistent basis. He was never going to be that QB that could actually win us 3-4 playoff games to win us a SB Championship.

The injurys pretty much turned Pennington into a 'dink & dunk" type of QB and honestly...Once D's such as the Pats, Steelers or Ravens would play the flats, put LB's in Zone Defense...Cheat the Safety's up; Pennington pretty much then had no chance against DC's such as Rex Ryan and Dick LeBeau.

I'm glad Pennington is gone. I'm excited we have Mark Sanchez, lets see what Sanchez can do / it's a new era now. Pennington is the past. He's actually hurt right now (Again).

If you want 9-7/10-6 types of seasons... Lose the WC game or at best, 1 and done...Well, then, Pennington is the QB you want.

Pennington kind of wrecked the ACM theory when he won the AFCE title last year.

But then Baltimore in the playoffs reestablished it. So it's a draw.

Chad can't stay on the field, so this season proves nothing. BTW, I was always a Chad supporter but this thread is a waste of time.

Veteran
    This is a good thread.
    There was plenty of outright dumb sh!t being posted all over the place on how Clemens was some kind of monster QB that was being effed with by Chad's presence and Mangini's antics.
    For some reason the Clemens lovers decided to ignore the preseason, and disrespected Sanchez on the last home game as Clemens was going in.
    Once again, Clemens showed that he's sh!t. He is sh!t.

Full disclaimer...I was sick of Pennington and Mangini, but I knew better that Clemens is worst than the smell of the sweat of my balls.

Hall Of Fame
    crickets ehh? no ACM can man up?

well I just wanted to rub it in that I was right (as usual )

Pennington still sucks

All League
    The ACM was proven correct when Chad **** the bed in the playoffs last year.

And this year when he once again was injured for the year this year.

The ACM was not Pro-Kellen, it was Pro-Winning the Big games.