Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The big 4 metal bands playing together for the first time ever

Veteran

The big 4 metal bands playing together for the first time ever

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax will all play together in two shows in Europe for the first time ever. The announcement says that these wont be the only ones. Hopefully we'll get a US date.

[url]http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602847[/url]

All League
    About time!!

Seriously who will be headliner??!! It's a Metallica website, so I say them, but Slayer could easily pull it off. Also who's singing for Anthrax? Not Joey, and Bush i dont think wants back in?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mario;3403157]Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax will all play together in two shows in Europe for the first time ever. The announcement says that these wont be the only ones. Hopefully we'll get a US date.

[url]http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602847[/url][/QUOTE]

Been done. Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Michael Schanker Group at the US festival circa 1982

Veteran
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;3403164]About time!!

Seriously who will be headliner??!! It's a Metallica website, so I say them, but Slayer could easily pull it off. Also who's singing for Anthrax? Not Joey, and Bush i dont think wants back in?[/QUOTE]

Metallica is headlining since it is at the Sonisphere festival (they signed some three year deal with them last year). Heaven and Hell is also at that show.

The official poster has Heaven and Hell above Slayer
    [url]http://cz.sonispherefestival.net/[/url]

It'll probably be:
    Metallica
    Heaven and Hell
    Slayer
    Megadeth
    Anthrax
    Mastadon

Hopefully, they'll be a US date in June or July. I'd be sweet to go see that show at the new Meadowlands.

Jets Insider VIP
    If someone can get some good pictures of the crowd, I'd appreciate it. Nothing like assembling 100,000 aging Euro versions of Bill and Ted for another excellent adventure. Could be legendary.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3403219]If someone can get some good pictures of the crowd, I'd appreciate it. Nothing like assembling 100,000 aging Euro versions of Bill and Ted for another excellent adventure. Could be legendary.[/QUOTE]

Hey...we can't all be Jonis Brother fans like yourself... :P

over-rated fest 2010

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3403168]Been done. Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Michael Schanker Group at the US festival circa 1982[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SuidAkrA;3403265]over-rated fest 2010[/QUOTE]

QFT & E, x2!

Banned
    Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax are the "Big 4" of Thrash Metal. If you're a thrash fan, this is pretty sick.

Hall Of Fame
    Dave Mustaine sux.

Veteran

Nelson fan?

[QUOTE=sourceworx;3403836]Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax are the "Big 4" of Thrash Metal. If you're a thrash fan, this is pretty sick.[/QUOTE]

Im going to the American Carnage tour. I am STOKED for this to be announced in the US, which is inevitable.

I would love to hear who you think isn't overrated in this genre of music.

[QUOTE=BronxDan;3404262]I would love to hear who you think isn't overrated in this genre of music.[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as how it is 2009 and not 1983 and the majority of these bands have sucked over the past twenty years. I stand by my statement. The only big anything in Trash metal are the big three. Kreator, Sodom and Destruction.

For those us that grew up with these four bands (and others during the late 80's) this is a HUGE deal. They are the most influential bands of that Trash/metal generation, IMHO.

It would be that much better though of TestAmenT were involved.

This needs to come to the states...

[QUOTE=SuidAkrA;3404304]Well, seeing as how it is 2009 and not 1983 and the majority of these bands have sucked over the past twenty years. I stand by my statement. The only big anything in Trash metal are the big three. Kreator, Sodom and Destruction.[/QUOTE]

I bet you think Slayer or the other bands on that show "Sold Out". I guess playing to 300 people in a club is big!

[QUOTE=BronxDan;3404351]I bet you think Slayer or the other bands on that show "Sold Out". I guess playing to 300 people in a club is big![/QUOTE]

Hey, I think Morbid Angel sold out in 1994. So, you're talking to the wrong guy about this. I think you have to be making music that you love first in order to sell out. Metallica certainly stopped making the music they liked in order to increase record sales. It certainly worked and good for them.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SuidAkrA;3404440]Hey, I think Morbid Angel sold out in 1994. So, you're talking to the wrong guy about this. I think you have to be making music that you love first in order to sell out. Metallica certainly stopped making the music they liked in order to increase record sales. It certainly worked and good for them.[/QUOTE]

They stopped making music that YOU liked.

There is nothing wrong with changing things up. Their latest album sounds very similar to their older stuff. And they put on a kick ass live show. What the hell does selling out even mean? When you make good songs people tend to like you. Does that mean metallica should make crappy songs and play in clubs their whole life so that they dont "sell out" in your eyes?

I hope that show comes to the US.

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3403873]Nelson fan?[/QUOTE]

He can't live without your love and affection.

[QUOTE=Mario;3404577]They stopped making music that YOU liked.

There is nothing wrong with changing things up. Their latest album sounds very similar to their older stuff. And they put on a kick ass live show. What the hell does selling out even mean? When you make good songs people tend to like you. Does that mean metallica should make crappy songs and play in clubs their whole life so that they dont "sell out" in your eyes?

I hope that show comes to the US.[/QUOTE]

Of course they did, Why would I worry about them making music other people like? That seems kind of strange, worrying about other people's taste in music. People generally like what music they are exposed to and what is acceptable in their peer group. Talent rarely has anything to do with it. You're saying that Metallica's first few cd's were crappy and their last 4-5 were better? St. Anger was better than ride the lightning? The fact is that some themes, lyrics and music are more accessible to a larger audience. I'm all for bands doing this when it works out for them and they make more money. I don't see the problem with saying you miss their old sound and liked it better. I hope it comes to the U.S. and it is the best show you have ever seen.