Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with your girlfriend's crazy ex boyfriend?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you deal with your girlfriend's crazy ex boyfriend?

Okay so me and my girlfriend are as happy as can be. We love each other, we share feelings and we're always happy around each other. But there's this one thorn in our side that hasn't stopped since the relationship started.

She has an absolutely crazy ex that will not stop trying to ruin any stability in her life. He follows her online, in person, through phone calls... everything. She has a restraining order on him but the little f*cker weasels his way out of everything when we call the cops.

Now she's at home right now crying her eyes out because one of her friends stumbled upon a whole list of nasty things he's been saying about her to his friends online... things I'd probably get banned for repeating.

I started out calmly explaining to them (yes they all get in on it like it's some little game) not to say anything to her or about her that i could find out about. Next came some loosely based threats to them online... now I'm at strike 3 and I'm currently so mad I'm shaking.

Anyone with a background in law can give me advice? My initial thought process is going to where they live and seeing if they're still tough when im in their face... but I don't know the repercussions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    start ****ing with him. Get him in trouble at his job. Let air out of his tires. Does he have a pet? Try to get your hands on it and take it to the pound. Call him at unreasonable hours from untraceable phones.

Basically, keep him on the defensive. He'll find that he has much less time (and energy) to harrass your gf. If you do it right, you can even get a few good chuckles out of it. Hell, you might even discover a new hobby. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just go kick the guys a**. Seriously. A good lawyer will be able to get the assault charged dropped to something insignificant, considering the extenuating circumstances.

Either that, or just stalk him right back. Follow him EVERYWHERE he goes. Sit in a car parked outside of his house every night for a week or two. He'll get the point eventually...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How old is this guy? He's gotta be like 21 or younger, if not then he's just crazy. I've never understood the whole stalking ex boyfriend thing. If a girl breaks up with you, your plan for retaliation is to stalk her and bother her constantly, reducing her opinion of you even more? That just never made sense to me, but I know it s a pretty common thing because I've had to deal with a stalker ex before.

It's an unfortunate situation because you want to get rid of him without doing anything that could potentially make the situation even worse. First, I would try what the above posters mentioned if your able to. If these methods dont work, you may want to go the legal route and look into a retraining order or something like that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;3409102]start ****ing with him. Get him in trouble at his job. Let air out of his tires. Does he have a pet? Try to get your hands on it and take it to the pound. Call him at unreasonable hours from untraceable phones.

Basically, keep him on the defensive. He'll find that he has much less time (and energy) to harrass your gf. If you do it right, you can even get a few good chuckles out of it. Hell, you might even discover a new hobby. ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3409103]Just go kick the guys a**. Seriously. A good lawyer will be able to get the assault charged dropped to something insignificant, considering the extenuating circumstances.

Either that, or just stalk him right back. Follow him EVERYWHERE he goes. Sit in a car parked outside of his house every night for a week or two. He'll get the point eventually...[/QUOTE]

Lol...I love you guys but hold on a minute.

You are assuming this chick will actually be around in two years....

Assuming the way these things normally go, direct confrontation with this nut will end up with our guy getting pinched by the cops and for what? A chick that most likely will be out of the picture eventually? (lets be real:rolleyes:)

I'm assuming that he keeps beating the rap on the restraining order because the documentation just isnt there; I suggest tape recording phone calls, obtaining phone records (and notify the phone company that you have an aggravated harassment via phone situation...) video tape whatever you can, print out whatever you can from the 'puter etc.

I've seen these things where a well meaning prince valiant gets involved, gets himself either arrested or injured and then the chick eventually goes back to the original prick BF.:yes:

All I'm saying is, tread carefully and let HER do it by the book before you put your own future on the line.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3409110]Lol...I love you guys but hold on a minute.

You are assuming this chick will actually be around in two years....

Assuming the way these things normally go, direct confrontation with this nut will end up with our guy getting pinched by the cops and for what? A chick that most likely will be out of the picture eventually? (lets be real:rolleyes:)

I'm assuming that he keeps beating the rap on the restraining order because the documentation just isnt there; I suggest tape recording phone calls, obtaining phone records (and notify the phone company that you have an aggravated harassment via phone situation...) video tape whatever you can, print out whatever you can from the 'puter etc.

I've seen these things where a well meaning prince valiant gets involved, gets himself either arrested or injured and then the chick eventually goes back to the original prick BF.:yes:

All I'm saying is, tread carefully and let HER do it by the book before you put your own future on the line.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say 'get caught'. :rolleyes:

...and like I said, this could become a nice hobby, gf or no.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;3409113]I didn't say 'get caught'. :rolleyes:

...and like I said, this could become a nice hobby, gf or no.[/QUOTE]

lol:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;3409114]lol:D[/QUOTE]

dude one street over just opened himself up for this kinda nonsense. :D I was drivin' down my street with him right up my ass. So, when I stopped to back into my driveway, there he was two inches from my bumper. Little d-bag got all hot under the collar and beeped his stupid little horn at me.

That did it. I flew outta the truck and told the idiot to settle down in a residential area. He didn't like the look on my face or sumthin, so he took off. Unfortunately for him, he lives on the next street. I know. ;) sumthin' tells me our little tailgater is gonna have some fun the next few months.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh... and for the OP- when you want to let the air out of his tires, get a valve-stem tool. Take the whole damn thing out. It makes it a [I]real[/I] pain-in-the-ass to fix. :)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;3409068]Okay so me and [COLOR="DarkRed"]my girlfriend[/COLOR] are as happy as can be. We love each other, we share feelings and we're always happy around each other. But there's this one thorn in our side that hasn't stopped since the relationship started.

She has an absolutely crazy ex that will not stop trying to ruin any stability in her life. He follows her online, in person, through phone calls... everything. She has a restraining order on him but the little f*cker weasels his way out of everything when we call the cops.

Now she's at home right now crying her eyes out because one of her friends stumbled upon a whole list of nasty things he's been saying about her to his friends online... things I'd probably get banned for repeating.

I started out calmly explaining to them (yes they all get in on it like it's some little game) not to say anything to her or about her that i could find out about. Next came some loosely based threats to them online... now I'm at strike 3 and I'm currently so mad I'm shaking.

Anyone with a background in law can give me advice? My initial thought process is going to where they live and seeing if they're still tough when im in their face... but I don't know the repercussions.[/QUOTE]

Pictures please! Your jets brotherhood needs to know if this is worth it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3409121]let the authorities deal with it[/QUOTE]

why should they have all the fun?

:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3409121][URL]youtube.com/watch?v=fLmrp-Ur3O4[/URL]

NOT saying you should do that :tsk:

Just offering an example of what NOT to do! :dunno:

So if you do something crazy don't say you got the idea from me[/QUOTE]

:yes: as always You the man G
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-19-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shoot him.

In all seriousness, it's called stalking. Calling the police and making a complaint will probably just piss him off more. I would hit him with some telephone books to teach him a lesson.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3409130]Shoot him.

In all seriousness, it's called stalking. Calling the police and making a complaint will probably just piss him off more. I would hit him with some telephone books to teach him a lesson.[/QUOTE]

Dimitri has no use for the subtle approach. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;3409119]oh... and for the OP- when you want to let the air out of his tires, get a valve-stem tool. Take the whole damn thing out. It makes it a [I]real[/I] pain-in-the-ass to fix. :)[/QUOTE]

+1

Also, remove valve stem and then cut the rubber stem in half with a pair of tin snips. :P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol. Freshbaked is gonna be like...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ[/url]
    ..when he wakes up this afternoon and sees his thread exploded.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know the ex's cell phone number?

If you do...run an ad in Craigslist's "casual encounters" section under males seeking males with his number.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3409138]Do you know the ex's cell phone number?

If you do...run an ad in Craigslist's "casual encounters" section under males seeking males with his number.[/QUOTE]
    :clapper: I might use this myself...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;3409140]:clapper: I might use this myself...[/QUOTE]

You're going to use the males seeking males section? :P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol...man oh man.

So thus far...this thread basically reads like this;

:blueangel Freshbaked 24 7 :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil: