Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40 YEARS OF FRUSTRATION, ANGUISH AND TORMENT

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least you have someone to blame. My dad is a Giants fan and I picked the Jets on my own.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Dad was a giant fan but the Jets came to be and he wanted to root for the new upstarts. He didnt like the old stauchy Giant fan and fell in love with the AFL and its atittude. Why the hell did my Dad choose to be a rebel in that light. Jesus, now im suffering for 40 years. Hes gone and laffin his ass off in heaven. Well my 3 kids are gonna suffer just like me!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Super Mario;3414646]Agreed. I'm hoping he can have a breakout game against Indy this week.

That would be a big confidence booster for not only him, but also, the team, the coaching staff, and the fans.[/QUOTE]

Rex has effectively removed any shred of confidence that Sanchez possessed with this whole slide fiasco. Very few can succeed once they've been emasculated, thus I think you're hoping for too much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3412710]Thank you Dad for making me a Jet fan it has taught me humility, understanding and anger management.

Once again in the year 2009 we as Jet fans get crushed yet again. Now I as well as most die hards did not expect a trip to the superbowl this season. I did expect a playoff apperance, wild card at least. But as usual we got teased, tricked and deceived. Another year of almost. Thanks Jets, Im sure things are looking good for next year[/QUOTE]

Thank you New York Jets for the following

Giving me thoughts of suicide
    turning me into a raging alcoholic
    making me my local furniture/TV store's best customer
    sending me to anger management classes
    3 x-wifes
    teaching me the real meaning of false hope

thank you very much from the bottom of my heart!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know we should have Joe Beningno try to get us all professional help. Hes a nuts as we are so maybe he can help

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    recommendation for all the benignoramuses who are in such suffering

get the f out of here and go root for the Colts

and leave real Jet fans alone, already

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyjets1969;3412754]I thank my friend in getting me into the Jets 35 years ago. I wish I listened to my Dad who was a die hard Giants fan. Its to late now. Thank goodness Im a diehard Yankees fan[B] I feel for the Jets /Mets fans on this board who constantly get tormented 365 days a year.[/B] At least I get a rest for half the year. Oh well, spring training cant come fast enough.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for feelin' my pain, bro. 45 years as a Mets diehard, and 38 for the Jets. A combined 83 seasons for a grand total of 2 world championships (Mets, '69 and '86). I don't know what I did to p*ss off the sports gods, but I'm hoping they'll throw me a bone before I die.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;3416450]Thanks for feelin' my pain, bro. 45 years as a Mets diehard, and 38 for the Jets. A combined 83 seasons for a grand total of 2 world championships (Mets, '69 and '86). I don't know what I did to p*ss off the sports gods, but I'm hoping they'll throw me a bone before I die.[/QUOTE]

How do you think the Red sox fans felt until recently or Cub fans?? Lions,Browns and quite a few others haven't sniffed a championship.. The Steelers were pathetic for 40 years.. From 1933-72 that had 8 seasons when they won more then they lost and that was just barely..We have had that many since 97..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    real jet fans? whats that supposed to mean. thats about as assinine a comment you could post

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3416756]real jet fans? whats that supposed to mean. thats about as assinine a comment you could post[/QUOTE]

Sort of like John Wayne was the true cowboy and some others ran when they saw indians yelling we are doomed we are all going to die.. The Jets aren't a team for weaklings or front runners.. And those that say my Dad made me a Jet fan?? No you wanted Daddys affection so you went for the same team even though you didn't have a clue about football at the time you just knew it made daddy happy..:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    heeeeee we go

like being a jet fan is so bad..win, lose? enough already all franchises and all teams lose 'tough' games..40 years and counting baby..bring it on!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3414636]Nobody has a gun to your heads....go be Detroit fans...[/QUOTE]

I said the following recently in another thread:

To be a Jets fan is to be riding an emotional rollercoaster that you can't get off of.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife's a Giants fan but she loves to watch the Jets. With nothing invested emotionally (other than a surly husband), she really gets into the excitement that is a Jets game. From Monday Night Miracles to last second losses, we have to admit it IS exciting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did I say I was running. And yes as a 5 Year old when I went to the Games at Shea with my Dad that did have an influence. Sounds like ya got some issues

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's actually 41 years. Shortly to become 42. I would suspect, at best, another 2 years before the Jets can win a Super Bowl. But I doubt it because, the O and D lines will start going away.
    Hey, I'm a Yankee fan. I've been around for 16 World Series championships. Not bad. Seen the Knicks, Islanders win ( not lately). Devils and even the Rangers.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dassin;3414641]Sanchez needs a break out performance in these last two games and we can all feel good heading into the off-season.[/QUOTE]

at this point a break out game would have to be one in which he doesnt throw an INT, or at very least, throws more TD's then picks... expecting anything more is just rediculous.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;3412710]Thank you Dad for making me a Jet fan it has taught me humility, understanding and anger management.

Once again in the year 2009 we as Jet fans get crushed yet again. Now I as well as most die hards did not expect a trip to the superbowl this season. I did expect a playoff apperance, wild card at least. But as usual we got teased, tricked and deceived. Another year of almost. Thanks Jets, Im sure things are looking good for next year[/QUOTE]

Did your dad do this on purpose? Damn. Look at the bright, given the Jets 40 year history it's almost a given they'll beat Indy this week and Cinn next week and drop several spots in the draft.
    Last edited by USMCJets; 12-23-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;3412769]I am tired of a simple "Playoff appearance". We had those under HE, EM, and BP.

No, I want a SB appearance, if not a victory.

I was 7 in 1969 and did not know what football was. It has been 40 years now. 40 years with Zero appearances in the SB.

When is it our turn?[/QUOTE]

Agrred, you and I are about the same age..... I am tired of this BUT I am still here.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was younger, I found it was hard to get over any loss. I remember spending my time thinking about capturing Don Shula, tying him down on cold cement, and while vultures pulled off his skin, I would douse his exposed tissue with gasoline or hydrochloric acid. Then I would finish him off by reciting the stats from every Jets game since the inception of the AFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3417541]When I was younger, I found it was hard to get over any loss. I remember spending my time thinking about capturing Don Shula, tying him down on cold cement, and while vultures pulled off his skin, I would douse his exposed tissue with gasoline or hydrochloric acid. Then I would finish him off by reciting the stats from every Jets game since the inception of the AFL.[/QUOTE]

After this treatment you can be sure he'd put the tarp on in his next life.