Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Years ago, a game like today's would have ruined my whole week.

Hall Of Fame

Years ago, a game like today's would have ruined my whole week.

I was over today's game as soon as it was over. I was over Doug Brien's missed fg in less than an hour. But, Gastineau's bone head play in Cleveland took me about a month to recover from. Even when the Jets sucked in the 80's, It would take me days to get over a loss. Maybe I care less because I'm older
    and I have more important problems. Or maybe I've figured out this team is jinxed. Did anyone [B]not[/B] know that 4th down play was going to be a touchdown?

I couldn't even watch the OT in the Brow's playoff game, I had to walk around the block. I used to shut off the tv when Hall's fg tries were in the air. Today, I just watched the 4th down throw and didn't even blink. I've seen it all before a million times.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3412869]I was over today's game as soon as it was over. I was over Doug Brien's missed fg in less than an hour. But, Gastineau's bone head play in Cleveland took me about a month to recover from. Even when the Jets sucked in the 80's, It would take me days to get over a loss. Maybe I care less because I'm older
    and I have more important problems. Or maybe I've figured out this team is jinxed. Did anyone [B]not[/B] know that 4th down play was going to be a touchdown?

I couldn't even watch the OT in the Brow's playoff game, I had to walk around the block. I used to shut off the tv when Hall's fg tries were in the air. Today, I just watched the 4th down throw and didn't even blink. I've seen it all before a million times.[/QUOTE]

Well said, bro.

I had my moment. Red, flushed face, knotted fists, expletives when the 15 yard personal foul was called, because naturally, I knew what was coming, another perfectly executed epic Jets Pfail.

Then I ate pretzels, my mind went blank and I went back outside and snowblowed whilst whistling.:D:yes:

All League
    Oh I see it now.

This is the "culture" the Strip was talking about.

Well it was nice to know you Timmy, we have to cut you now. And I mean "cut cut" :P

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3412869] Did anyone [B]not[/B] know that 4th down play was going to be a touchdown?

[/QUOTE]

Ha... I ****ing called it a mile away. I said aloud, "Here we go, automatic touchdown", while thinking deep down "No, maybe they'll stop them here!"... then, another voice thought "Shut up, you idealistic dreamer."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=pauliec;3412887]then, another voice thought "Shut up, you idealistic dreamer."[/QUOTE]

That other voice is [I]very[/I] theatrical, just sayin.:rolleyes:

Keep an eye on it.

_

All League
    While the Jets game doesn't ****ing bother me, I just lost in my fantasy league. After leading all ****ing year at 13-1, I lose in the first ****ing round of the ****ing playoffs. I just lost on that last catch by Adrian ****ing Peterson. I would have won if I had started that ****head Braylon ****ing Edwards.

**** this ****.

[QUOTE=32green;3412907]That other voice is [I]very[/I] theatrical, just sayin.:rolleyes:

Keep an eye on it.

_[/QUOTE]

That's the one that says words like "rife" and "whilst" and "bereft."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=pauliec;3413003]That's the one that says words like "rife" and "whilst" and "bereft."[/QUOTE]

Hand hewn. Timmmmeh will haunt you if you forget that one.

:D

Was going to start a thread about this too. Wasn't even phased at all. Knew it was coming.

If you expect the worst - then nothing will bother you.

Rookie
    You know I truly believed the Jets were gonna stop the falcons on fourth and six. **** that

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RussianGreen;3413147]If you expect the worst - then nothing will bother you.[/QUOTE]

Thats the way I always see it...

Flag down...gotta be against the JETS.

Instant replay...not going the JETS way.

46 seconds left, no timeouts, backup QB, have to drive 90 yards... they will score against the JETS

SO YES YOU ARE RIGHT...I ALWAYS EXPECT THE WORST SO I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED WITH THE JETS !!!

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets just [B][SIZE="5"]HAVE[/SIZE][/B] to pick up this guy...he's the last piece to our playoff-caliber team!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lHtSaAHiAM&feature=channel[/url]

It still bothers me after all these years. I'm the guy yelling at the TV, punching the couch, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3412869]I was over today's game as soon as it was over. I was over Doug Brien's missed fg in less than an hour. But, Gastineau's bone head play in Cleveland took me about a month to recover from. Even when the Jets sucked in the 80's, It would take me days to get over a loss. Maybe I care less because I'm older

I couldn't even watch the OT in the Brow's playoff game, I had to walk around the block. I used to shut off the tv when Hall's fg tries were in the air. Today, I just watched the 4th down throw and didn't even blink. I've seen it all before a million times.[/QUOTE]

I am still unhappy, thinking about what should have been BUT I am not bothered the way I was against the Steelers 05, 98 Broncos etc...

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3413178]I am still unhappy, thinking about what should have been BUT I am not bothered the way I was against the Steelers 05, 98 Broncos etc...[/QUOTE]

I really can deal with a "normal" loss when you lose to a better team. But the Jets lose in ways that can really bother you. And you know its coming. I thought when we made the stop on the Pats at the end in the second game things might be different this year.

This organization needs a shrink.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GeorgeSauer;3413187]I really can deal with a "normal" loss when you lose to a better team. But the Jets lose in ways that can really bother you. [/QUOTE]

No, it's God. He's doing this to us. Mere mortals aren't capable of f***ing up games in such ludicrous ways as the Jets do. It's not just the losing, it's the absolute doofus-ness in the way they lose. I knew God was playing with me when my friend and I put over 2k on the Dolphins in the legendary game and the Jets won 51-45 - you can all thank me for that win.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think we just became adult.

Did I say that out loud?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3413192]No, it's God. He's doing this to us. Mere mortals aren't capable of f***ing up games in such ludicrous ways as the Jets do. It's not just the losing, it's the absolute doofus-ness in the way they lose. I knew God was playing with me when my friend and I put over 2k on the Dolphins in the legendary game and the Jets won 51-45 - you can all thank me for that win.[/QUOTE]

Satan: I'm sorry. After careful consideration, I must respectfully decline.

Dan Marino: I can't stand retirement. Come on, just let me win one Super Bowl.

Satan: In exchange for eternal damnation of your soul? You're too nice of a guy for me to want to do that to you, Mr. Marino.

Dan Marino: You did it for Namath.

Satan: Yeah, but Joe was coming here anyways.

Dan Marino: This sucks! I'll just go to the Super Bowl as an announcer, and I'll win myself an Emmy!

Satan: That's the spirit!

Nicky: You're a good devil, Dad!

Satan: And I also happen to be a Jets fan!

Nicky: Heh-heh.