Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally; The secret to perfect hair.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Finally; The secret to perfect hair.

After my own public struggles with ill-fitting Toupes, this is a nice Christmas gift.

Thank you Pauly!

[B][SIZE="5"]'Jersey Shore' star DJ Pauly D (Paul Delvecchio) shows News how he takes hair to new heights[/SIZE][/B]

BY Cristina Everett
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, December 21st 2009, 4:00 AM

Paul Delvecchio, better known as DJ Pauly D, one of the newest cast members of MTV's overnight reality sensation "Jersey Shore," has received as much attention for his hair style as his housemates have for their partying and fighting.

"Before the show, I always stood out because of my hair," Pauly says. "Now, perfect strangers are coming up to me and asking how I do it."

So how does the self-described "guido" perfect his signature blowout? With two important elements: lots of time and even more hair gel.

"It takes me 25 minutes to do the whole process and get it right," the Rhode Island native says. Delvecchio invited the Daily News to witness the lengthy transformation.

[I][B]The 28-year-old starts with a head of clean, wet hair [/B][/I](*What a concept, but who would expect any less from the people that brought us Michelangelo's David:rolleyes:) that takes roughly 10 minutes to blow it dry. He continues the drying process over the next five minutes and carefully lifts his thick, brown mane with a plastic styling brush.

Delvecchio then reaches for his key ingredient: Joico's Ice Spiker, a water-resistant "styling glue" that promises to produce a "cement finish."

"It's like Elmer's glue. It's got the strongest hold. There's nothing else on the market like it," he says as he squeezes a handful of the white paste into his hand and begins the tedious application.

As he looks into the mirror, Pauly rubs the adhesive around the perimeter of his hair and carefully styles the strands into a spike that gives Sonic the Hedgehog a run for his money.

To finish off the look, Delvecchio applies Got2b's Glued Spiking Freeze spray. One more blast of heat from the blow-dryer sets the style.

The finished product is a heavily styled, lacquered head of hair that resembles a crown and is solid to the touch.

Since the launch of his reality show this month, Delvecchio says he has received an outpouring of inquiries about his hair from fans.

"A lot of people try to do the same hair style, but they can't really do it right," he said. "Mine definitely stands out."

He credits his barber, Anthony Gianfrancesco, for his decade-long look.

[B][I]"Clients actually come in now and ask for the 'Pauly D' haircut.[/I][/B] :yes:

It's got a personality of its own," Gianfrancesco says from his North Providence, R.I., barbershop, Uptown Styles.

"We charge $12 for the cut. But we take care of Pauly."

[email]ceverett@nydailynews.com[/email]

[IMG]http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/12/21/alg_jersey_shore.jpg[/IMG]

Actual photo footage of the process. Amazing. Observe....some sort of brushing is involved apparently.

It appears he's also been keeping up his triceps routine which is key.

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/12/21/2009-12-21_secrets_of_a_guido_jersey_shore_star_shows_news_how_he_takes_hair_to_heights.html[/url]

_

Hall Of Fame
    We should have a Hampur Hair Throwdown...with prizes.

Jets Insider VIP
    What do I win?

[IMG]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu190/PlumberKhan/Misc014b.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3413193]What do I win?

[IMG]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu190/PlumberKhan/Misc014b.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't like the position of that left shoulder.:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3413196]I don't like the position of that left shoulder.:eek:[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Why else would I be smiling?

Jets Insider VIP
    What a gay. He could get a much more powerful hairdryer than that!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3413193]What do I win?

[IMG]http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu190/PlumberKhan/Misc014b.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

you're showing too much nostril.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=quantum;3413251]you're showing too much nostril.[/QUOTE]

That's the hair I "teased"...

:P

Jets Insider VIP
    I have my share of issues..... that said, in my forties I have my hair.

LESS than I would like but I have hair. ;)

This article makes me sad. :(

[img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o282/thatchickfrompagesix/Random%20Images/guido.jpg[/img]

^ Obligatory Post.

pauliec

[quote]DJ Pauly D[/quote]

Hmm....secret life going on here? ;)

Were you on t.v. during the Tampa vs. Jet game?

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3413420]I have my share of issues..... that said, in my forties I have my hair.

LESS than I would like but I have hair. ;)[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=cr726;3413472]Were you on t.v. during the Tampa vs. Jet game?[/QUOTE]

There it is. You knew there would be an odd, hair related, strangely innappropriate stalking post from the master.

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3413519]There it is. You knew there would be an odd, hair related, strangely innappropriate stalking post from the master.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    LOL :D

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm here only to see RD's sig pic. Again. :alien:

Inappropriate? He told everyone he would be wearing his Namath jersey at the Tampa game and they showed two or three guys in the crowd with the jersey.

Wow, you really are a tool. Did you PM Sooth this as an example of what a great mod you could be?!?!

[QUOTE=32green;3413519]There it is. You knew there would be an odd, hair related, strangely innappropriate stalking post from the master.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;3413563]Inappropriate? He told everyone he would be wearing his Namath jersey at the Tampa game and they showed two or three guys in the crowd with the jersey.

Wow, you really are a tool. Did you PM Sooth this as an example of what a great mod you could be?!?![/QUOTE]

I posted a pic of me and baddniss last week at a tailgate.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3413579]I posted a pic of me and baddniss last week at a tailgate.[/QUOTE]

At the end of the game they showed two or three guys wearing the jersey and I was wondering if anyone told you they saw you. Not a big deal, thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

all that's left is the questioning of why someone who straps on their hairdo every morning is starting a thread about perfect hair....;)