Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterback Production Under Brian Schottenheimer

Quarterback Production Under Brian Schottenheimer

Brian Schottenheimer's area of expertise was supposed to be the quaterback position. He played quarteback in college and entered the league as a quarterback coach. In Brian Schottenheimer's fourth season as the Jets Offensive Coordinator lets take a look back at the Quarterback production in his system, and then quarterback production by the same player in another system..

[B]2006 Chad Pennington [/B]

17 TDS 16 INTS 82.6 Rating

*7th most Interception in the NFL

[B]2007 Chad Pennington [/B]

10 TDS 9 INTS 86.1 Rating

Kellen Clemens

5 TDS 10 INTS 60.9 Rating

* Combined for 2nd most INTS in the NFL

[B]2008 Brett Favre[/B]

22 TDS 22 INTS 80.1 Rating

* Most INTS in the NFL

[B]2009 Mark Sanchez [/B]

12 TDS 20 INTS 62.3 Rating

*2nd most INTS in the NFL

This is what the same quartebacks were able to accomplish in another system with comparable Wide Receivers.

[B]2008 Chad Pennington under Dan Henning's offensive [/B]

19 TDs 7 INTs 97.4 Rating

* 2nd Highest Rating in the NFL

[B]2009 Brett Favre under Brad Childress Offense[/B]

27 TDS 7 INTS 104.1 Rating

I have no faith in Brian Schottenheimer and blame him for the offensive woes and Mark Sanchez' lack of development. The New York Jet's need a new offensive coordinator if they want to win anything.

Hmm...

I think that actually convinces me.

The only thing that sucks about this though is that a new system sets Sanchez back. Without a doubt.

[QUOTE=FSUJetfan;3413889]Brian Schottenheimer's area of expertise was supposed to be the quaterback position. He played quarteback in college and entered the league as a quarterback coach. In Brian Schottenheimer's fourth season as the Jets Offensive Coordinator lets take a look back at the Quarterback production in his system, and then quarterback production by the same player in another system..

Kellen Clemens

[B]2008 Brett Favre[/B]

* Most INTS in the NFL

This is what the same quartebacks were able to accomplish in another system with comparable Wide Receivers.

I have no faith in Brian Schottenheimer and blame him for the offensive woes and Mark Sanchez' lack of development. The New York Jet's need a new offensive coordinator if they want to win anything.[/QUOTE]

i hate blaming coaches for everything..but these stats dont lie..my only argument to that is the only decent offensive teams we had were the last 2 years..but the int's are a trend..i feel a change is good also..schotty had to be convinced to come back this year i dont think organization will be pushing him to stay next year

I was wondering when someone would open a "Schotty sucks" thread.

These stats are terrible. Schottenheimer's offense seems to completely hinder passing.

I think the most telling figures are what Pennington and Favre have done in different systems, moreso Pennington because Favre played hurt with us. Pennington went from looking like a joke to a decent NFL starting QB. Not a Super Bowl QB but better than he ever was with Schott.

I truly believe Schottenheimer's system sucks. It is maddening because he has called some really great games here (NE, ARZ, TEN last year) but most are just abominations, where we are incredibly predictable or don't stick with our bread and butter.

The Jets have had some good defense in the past decade. We had the NFL's leading rusher, we've had top rushing attacks. But our passing game has been a joke with Hackett, Heimerdinger and Schott. Maybe it's the quarterbacks but I do think the coordinators have played a good part in our offensive failure.

favre coaches himself

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

there is a certain symmetry to the original post

Facts are a stubborn thing.

On WFAN, they were talking about the fact that SHOTTY was possibly forced on REX.

Text your post to REX and WOODY!

+1[QUOTE=FSUJetfan;3413889]Brian Schottenheimer's area of expertise was supposed to be the quaterback position. He played quarteback in college and entered the league as a quarterback coach. In Brian Schottenheimer's fourth season as the Jets Offensive Coordinator lets take a look back at the Quarterback production in his system, and then quarterback production by the same player in another system..

Kellen Clemens

[B]2008 Brett Favre[/B]

* Most INTS in the NFL

I have no faith in Brian Schottenheimer and blame him for the offensive woes and Mark Sanchez' lack of development. The New York Jet's need a new offensive coordinator if they want to win anything.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Come on Pennington was running the wildcat. Confused the hell out of the league. Of course he's numbers are going to be good if they are running more then passing.

Favre played hurt with us. He's not hurting this year. I'm all with getting rid of Schott's but not because of these numbers. More because HE hasn't shown any improvement as a coordinator.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3413944]there is a certain symmetry to the original post[/QUOTE]

A little too much egg nog today JW???:P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Savage69;3413976]A little too much egg nog today JW???:P[/QUOTE]
    lmao...you are the second person to say that to me today, the other was one of my clents. :D

[QUOTE=papichango;3413969]Come on Pennington was running the wildcat. Confused the hell out of the league. Of course he's numbers are going to be good if they are running more then passing.

Favre played hurt with us. He's not hurting this year. I'm all with getting rid of Schott's but not because of these numbers. More because HE hasn't shown any improvement as a coordinator.[/QUOTE]

Pennington had 8 more attempts with Miami, higher completion percentage, more yards, more TDs and less than half the INTs. Schotty sucks.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;3413952]Facts are a stubborn thing.

On WFAN, they were talking about the fact that SHOTTY was possibly forced on REX.

Text your post to REX and WOODY![/QUOTE]

I don't think so... Rex could have easily taken teh Rams job and they would have let him do whatever he wanted.

I think that opinion is just based on the idea that some people don't want to think that Rex can do anything wrong. Schotty has a lot of things to like about him... He's clearly smart, very vocal and loud on the coaching field. Has good pedigree. Has a good base in the offense that Rex seen succeed most at Baltimore.

There were also strong rumors that suggested that Belichick was going to hire Schotty.

Definitely a lot of reasons to keep him around. Unfortunately the OP outlined quite a few good points and facts about his stay here.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3413914]I was wondering when someone would open a "Schotty sucks" thread.[/QUOTE]

We need many more "Shotty Sucks" threads. This franchise needs to realize they made a mistake by keeping him. Rex & Shotty do not mesh. The Karma on this team is just not right.
    Everyones worried about Sanchez learning a new sytem:
    I say, he needs to forget everything he's learned! He needs a Shotty cleansing because from what I can see, he hasn't learned a damn thing.

[QUOTE=jetster;3413991]The Karma on this team is just not right. [/QUOTE]

karma is not helped by jay feely dancing on the graves of the recently departed.

All League
    good post... so the search begins

Regardless of what anyone says, you change systems and it is going to set Sanchez back.

Rivers went from the Cameron system to Norv's system and he clearly had a worse year during that changeover.

Someone to consider however is Gary Kubiak. The rumors with Shanahan have his son being the OC of Shanahan's new team and Kubiak can definitely lose his job this year. It's also unlikely that Kubiak gets another HC opportunity so that is a bonus as well, if he does good.

Kubiak runs a great system, and always does well even though I wouldn't say Schaub is a top 10 QB in this league. They are top 3 in passing offense. Also runs a lot of zone blocking which we have ton a ton of this year.

But if Callahan wants it though, give it to him. I trust him with things.

I just hope the Jets do not promote Matt Cavanuagh to OC, or hire some "hot" young co-ordinator-in-the-making. Give me a grizzled veteran coach for OC. I want a guy like Dan Henning, Scot Linehan, or Cam Cameron (or even Gary Kubiak if he becomes available).

[QUOTE=bitonti;3413995]karma is not helped by jay feely dancing on the graves of the recently departed.[/QUOTE]

Did a kicker once steal your woman, or are you just an NFL GM in training.

Seesm every problem we have can be traced to....the kicker? Srsly?