Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterback Production Under Brian Schottenheimer

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3414064]I just hope the Jets do not promote Matt Cavanuagh to OC, or hire some "hot" young co-ordinator-in-the-making. Give me a grizzled veteran coach for OC. I want a guy like Dan Henning, Scot Linehan, or Cam Cameron (or even Gary Kubiak if he becomes available).[/QUOTE]

I would cringe if that happened, Cavanaugh getting the promotion.

It's an easy find and it wouldn't make Mark uncomfortable: Bill Callahan. He knows offense and he's good enough to get it done with this defense.

Whoever we get doesn't have to be the best, they just have to be good.

I posted something similar a couple of weeks ago. ...numbers don't lie. ..I can't stand eveyone saying it's Sanchez first year. ...he's a rookie. ...true. ..but behind an all-pro line. ...#1 rushing attack. ...Edwards. ..Cotch. ...it's all there for him. ...bring in a better OC. ..true, the INT will be there, but nothing like it is now. ..he's killing Sanchez. ...some thought Favre was washed up, too old. ...I laughed. ...and said he still has it. Shotty is a joke.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=NewYorkSackExchange;3414180]I posted something similar a couple of weeks ago. ...numbers don't lie. ..I can't stand eveyone saying it's Sanchez first year. ...he's a rookie. ...true. ..but behind an all-pro line. ...#1 rushing attack. ...Edwards. ..Cotch. ...it's all there for him. ...bring in a better OC. ..true, the INT will be there, but nothing like it is now. ..he's killing Sanchez. ...some thought Favre was washed up, too old. ...I laughed. ...and said he still has it. Shotty is a joke.[/QUOTE]

You........type...........like..........bongo................but.........I...............agree..........with.......your...........post......................Callahan............................should......................take..................over..................the...................offense.

Fitz

[QUOTE=JetTerp;3414249]You........type...........like..........bongo................but.........I...............agree..........with.......your...........post......................Callahan............................should......................take..................over..................the...................offense.

Fitz[/QUOTE]

Fu.....................c...................k. You........................r..................self.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3414253]Fu.....................c...................k. You........................r..................self.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall, but was I quoting you Vick or are you and the Exchange "together"?? No need to get nasty buddy.

Schotty has to go. The only thing that worries me is if we bring in a new OC who has a new philosophy which means sanchez would have to learn a whole new system in his second year. That could really hurt his development. Something to think about.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3413995]karma is not helped by jay feely dancing on the graves of the recently departed.[/QUOTE]

Jay Feely is Indian?

[QUOTE=JetTerp;3414259]I don't recall, but was I quoting you Vick or are you and the Exchange "together"?? No need to get nasty buddy.[/QUOTE]

He's like that, don't take it seriously.

no it won't. the new guy, if the jets are lucky, will have a feel for the game and what the qb can or can't do. it's also no surprise that clemens has done so poorly. for all his faults he's only had sch@tty for his whole career.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3413897]Hmm...

I think that actually convinces me.

The only thing that sucks about this though is that a new system sets Sanchez back. Without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetster;3413991]We need many more "Shotty Sucks" threads. This franchise needs to realize they made a mistake by keeping him. Rex & Shotty do not mesh. The Karma on this team is just not right.
    Everyones worried about Sanchez learning a new sytem:
    I say, he needs to forget everything he's learned! He needs a Shotty cleansing because from what I can see, he hasn't learned a damn thing.[/QUOTE]

who should we go after?? martz? weiss?? someone from saints staff? suggestions??

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;3414064]I just hope the Jets do not promote Matt Cavanuagh to OC, or hire some "hot" young co-ordinator-in-the-making. Give me a grizzled veteran coach for OC. I want a guy like Dan Henning, Scot Linehan, or Cam Cameron (or even Gary Kubiak if he becomes available).[/QUOTE]

would look at hening..kubiak is interesting..only thing i dont like with his offense they put up big stats but dont get it done in red zone..isnt cameron an o.c. with someone else?? what about martz? weiss?

[QUOTE=ryan10;3414368]would look at hening..kubiak is interesting..only thing i dont like with his offense they put up big stats but dont get it done in red zone..isnt cameron an o.c. with someone else?? what about martz? weiss?[/QUOTE]

Cameron is the OC at Baltimore.

All League
    I'm officially on board to promoting Bill Callahan to Offensive Coordinator next season. Schotty is a joke.

Here is little stat for you all:

His 3 years as OC for the Oakland Raiders...

1999: Scored 390 points (24.4/g), 8th of 31 in the NFL.
    2000: Scored 479 points (29.9/g), 3rd of 31 in the NFL.
    2001: Scored 399 points (24.9/g), 4th of 31 in the NFL.

SIGN ME UP!

[SIZE="5"][B]BILL CALLAHAN FOR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 2010!!!!![/B][/SIZE]

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

All League
    [QUOTE=ryan10;3414365]who should we go after?? martz? weiss?? someone from saints staff? suggestions??[/QUOTE]

Steve Mariucci

Banned
    [QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;3414407]I'm officially on board to promoting Bill Callahan to Offensive Coordinator next season. Schotty is a joke.

Here is little stat for you all:

His 3 years as OC for the Oakland Raiders...

1999: Scored 390 points (24.4/g), 8th of 31 in the NFL.
    2000: Scored 479 points (29.9/g), 3rd of 31 in the NFL.
    2001: Scored 399 points (24.9/g), 4th of 31 in the NFL.

SIGN ME UP!

[SIZE="5"][B]BILL CALLAHAN FOR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR 2010!!!!![/B][/SIZE]

:rockon::rockon::rockon:[/QUOTE]

Brian Schottenheimer is a good offensive coordinator...
    [B][FONT="Arial Black"]
    FOR ME TO POOP ON![/FONT][/B]

[img]http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Triumph-Insult-Dog-w01.jpg[/img]

[QUOTE=ryan10;3414365]who should we go after?? martz? weiss?? someone from saints staff? suggestions??[/QUOTE]

weiss he is a great oc 3 s.b with a 6 round draft pick he could take scnchez to next level..

Banned
    [QUOTE=peterj55;3414495]weiss he is a great oc 3 s.b with a 6 round draft pick he could take scnchez to next level..[/QUOTE]

If we were to look outside the house Weis would be my first pick too. Lousy college coach but one of the best NFL OC's around. My preference is to promote Callahan however.

Undrafted Free Agent
    All things considered, you can't win many games with one TD. That being said, the Jets beat the field to death in coming up with endless ways to lose the game.

If we could land a Weis or Kubiak, then firing Schotty makes sense. I'm even down for Callahan since I think he'd run a similar offense and it'd be close to a smooth transition.

But I think the playcalling and play design as play execution.

The use of those stats is pretty shade as it kind of hides the fact that Chad won CBPOY, Favre led us to 8-3 and two of the bigger victories the Jets have had in a couple years, and Clemens as we now know, sucks.

Just like Sanchez's stats in year two under new coordinator will be better (hopefully) just as much because he's got a year under him as it will be because of more Rexgressive playcalling. The OC thing is overblown.

[QUOTE=FSUJetfan;3413889]Brian Schottenheimer's area of expertise was supposed to be the quaterback position. He played quarteback in college and entered the league as a quarterback coach. In Brian Schottenheimer's fourth season as the Jets Offensive Coordinator lets take a look back at the Quarterback production in his system, and then quarterback production by the same player in another system..

[B]2006 Chad Pennington [/B]

17 TDS 16 INTS 82.6 Rating

*7th most Interception in the NFL

[B]2007 Chad Pennington [/B]

10 TDS 9 INTS 86.1 Rating

Kellen Clemens

5 TDS 10 INTS 60.9 Rating

* Combined for 2nd most INTS in the NFL

[B]2008 Brett Favre[/B]

22 TDS 22 INTS 80.1 Rating

* Most INTS in the NFL

[B]2009 Mark Sanchez [/B]

12 TDS 20 INTS 62.3 Rating

*2nd most INTS in the NFL

This is what the same quartebacks were able to accomplish in another system with comparable Wide Receivers.

[B]2008 Chad Pennington under Dan Henning's offensive [/B]

19 TDs 7 INTs 97.4 Rating

* 2nd Highest Rating in the NFL

[B]2009 Brett Favre under Brad Childress Offense[/B]

27 TDS 7 INTS 104.1 Rating

* 2nd Highest Rating in the NFL

I have no faith in Brian Schottenheimer and blame him for the offensive woes and Mark Sanchez' lack of development. The New York Jet's need a new offensive coordinator if they want to win anything.[/QUOTE]

Good Post! I've been saying he has to go for two and a half years. His game plans are the same week in and week out. He doesn't know how to attack a defenses weakness, His play calling is terrible and if his name wasn't Shotinheimer he wouldn't even be an OC in the NFL. We need a proven OC. I don't know much about Matt Cavanaough but I believe Billeck fired him in Baltimore. So I don't believe he is the answer.