Thread: Quarterback Production Under Brian Schottenheimer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3417395]As usual, you did not. Who says bra?[/QUOTE]

It figures you've never seen a bra....

Veteran
    Clark University, by way of West Orange, NJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3417534]Sometimes I wonder what some of these people around here are looking at when the rest of us are watching the Jets games. :rolleyes:
    Hey Chica... Please explain again why Schittyheiny is such a great OC!
    And Herd... Feel free to join in as well.
    Clearly the both of you know something EVERYONE else doesn't!
    So answer me this, geniuses... Why is it that Schittyheiny is SOOO much better that anyone else we could possibly ever have as an OC? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I've never said that he's an offensive genius, or a great OC. I'm just wondering who you think should replace him, and why they would be better? Are other OCs designing entirely new offenses I don't know about? Are they calling different plays? Please, tell me what it is that other, (presumably better) OCs do that Schotty doesn't, other than "call plays that work," and I'd love to get into a legitimate discussion of that.
    Last edited by njherdfan; 12-24-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3417535]It figures you've never seen a bra....[/QUOTE]

Wow that one failed. I saw the joke, I even wanted to laugh, and I couldn't.

[QUOTE]I'dlove to get into a legitimate discussionofthat. [/QUOTE]

This thread has topped 100 posts. The post you replied to is pretty much what we've seen as a counterargument as they working off the assumption that they are wholly correct. Legitimate discussion isn't going to happen. Plus, they have STATS!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FSUJetfan;3413889]Brian Schottenheimer's area of expertise was supposed to be the quaterback position. He played quarteback in college and entered the league as a quarterback coach. In Brian Schottenheimer's fourth season as the Jets Offensive Coordinator lets take a look back at the Quarterback production in his system, and then quarterback production by the same player in another system..

[B]2006 Chad Pennington [/B]

17 TDS 16 INTS 82.6 Rating

*7th most Interception in the NFL

[B]2007 Chad Pennington [/B]

10 TDS 9 INTS 86.1 Rating

Kellen Clemens

5 TDS 10 INTS 60.9 Rating

* Combined for 2nd most INTS in the NFL

[B]2008 Brett Favre[/B]

22 TDS 22 INTS 80.1 Rating

* Most INTS in the NFL

[B]2009 Mark Sanchez [/B]

12 TDS 20 INTS 62.3 Rating

*2nd most INTS in the NFL

This is what the same quartebacks were able to accomplish in another system with comparable Wide Receivers.

[B]2008 Chad Pennington under Dan Henning's offensive [/B]

19 TDs 7 INTs 97.4 Rating

* 2nd Highest Rating in the NFL

[B]2009 Brett Favre under Brad Childress Offense[/B]

27 TDS 7 INTS 104.1 Rating

* 2nd Highest Rating in the NFL

I have no faith in Brian Schottenheimer and blame him for the offensive woes and Mark Sanchez' lack of development. The New York Jet's need a new offensive coordinator if they want to win anything.[/QUOTE]

I hate to ruffle my own feathers, but I posted a couple weeks ago that Shotty's systems are where mobile quarterbacks go to die, and got some slack for it. Thanks for pointing the numbers out. He has to go. People can look these numbers right in the face and they're still going to act like he's the next Vince Lombardi but it's painful and true, he needs to go. He outsmarts himself.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3417772]I hate to ruffle my own feathers, but I posted a couple weeks ago that Shotty's systems are where mobile quarterbacks go to die, and got some slack for it. Thanks for pointing the numbers out. He has to go. People can look these numbers right in the face and they're still going to act like he's the next Vince Lombardi but it's painful and true, he needs to go. He outsmarts himself.[/QUOTE]

Mike Martz would be a nice Christmas present.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;3417778]Mike Martz would be a nice Christmas present.[/QUOTE]

True and I think Suh from Nebraska would be a nice stocking stuffer. :D