Thread: Anyone here good with statistics?

Anyone here good with statistics?

I have a few questions, I want to make sure I am doing a couple problems are right. I am stumped of a couple and if someone could help me with them I will appreciate it.

All League
    I'm pretty good with statistics 70% of the time while I'm not so good 58% of the time.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;3414577]I'm pretty good with statistics 70% of the time while I'm not so good 58% of the time.[/QUOTE]

So would you know how to answer these?
    What would the answer be for "find the critical value for a left-tailed test with a=0.05 and n=48"

Also another question.

"test the claim about the population proportion p> or equal to 0.700 given n=50 and p=0.612 Use a=0.10"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jets are 7-7, a .500 record

[QUOTE=FattyJenkins;3414590]So would you know how to answer these?
    What would the answer be for "find the critical value for a left-tailed test with a=0.05 and n=48"

Also another question.

"test the claim about the population proportion p> or equal to 0.700 given n=50 and p=0.612 Use a=0.10"[/QUOTE]

For the first one, shouldn't there be a chart in the back of your textbook that gives the C values for one and two-tailed tests for every given p value and degree of freedom (n-1)?

For the second one, I'm not doing your homework for you.

[QUOTE=Crease29;3414596]For the first one, shouldn't there be a chart in the back of your textbook that gives the C values for one and two-tailed tests for every given p value and degree of freedom (n-1)?

For the second one, I'm not doing your homework for you.[/QUOTE]

Its ok if you don't know how to do it you didn't have to post in the thread, I was just asking in case someone did if they could tell me what it is to make sure I did it right.

Jets have the #1 Defense and #1 Running Game.

Jets Insider VIP
    The number of douchebags posting percentage/statistics related smart-arse comments was no less than 2 standard deviations from the mean.

All League
    [QUOTE=FattyJenkins;3414590]So would you know how to answer these?

Also another question.

"test the claim about the population proportion p> or equal to 0.700 given n=50 and p=0.612 Use a=0.10"[/QUOTE]

1.68ish?

[QUOTE=FattyJenkins;3414608]Its ok if you don't know how to do it you didn't have to post in the thread, I was just asking in case someone did if they could tell me what it is to make sure I did it right.[/QUOTE]

What did you get then?