Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Rex too loose of a cannon to be a great head coach?

[QUOTE=FF2;3414715]Rex is a very fat man.[/QUOTE]

So are you.

Rex is the best coach we have had in decades.
    Possibly ever... We will find out.
    He put together THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE in his first year, with what he had to work with.
    I didn't see that Scumbag in NE come CLOSE to that, DID YOU???
    We can't WAIT to see what he does with HIS players!

I think Rex is going to be a great Head Coach. He seems to be learning from his mistakes and coming in as a rookie HC he decided to concentrate on what he knew best "defense" and let the other experts control the other aspects of the game. I think he has now realized that that was a mistake and will definitely look to correct it in the offseason and moving forward.

Our Offense has been failing terribly and I can guarantee you Rex will get more involved in trying to fix it. The same way we seem to give Sanchez a pass for being a rookie, I think Rex has done a great job as a first year HC and will only get better.

[QUOTE=Piper;3414949]You didn't say that in the post that I quoted jerkoff.

You backpeddled later, toolbox.[/QUOTE]

Did I type it too fast for you to comprehend? Try reading it again and you'll see that your second personal attack is unwarrented dickbreath.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3414844]Ignoring the personal attack, my point was not that I think he won't, or can't be a good HC. The mere fact that you call him a modern day Parcells, when all he's done is guide a talent laden team to a 7-7 record, shows you have zero objectivity. His body of work is only 14 games, so there's no need to crucify the guy. Likewise, it's too early to annoint him. But if i were a fan I'd wonder a bit about his focus on the D at the expense of the O, his clock management, use or non-use of challenges, attention to detail (Sorry guys, we're outta the playoffs?) and most importantly, the development of the Franchise.[/QUOTE]

As a Pats fan homer, you shouldn't be throwing around the "objectivity" rant.

So Rex gets a knock for being emotional after a tough loss and not having the 134 ways the Jets could get into the playoffs in memory? Belichick can't even remember to congratulate the other team's head coach after a loss before running off to the locker room.

GFY!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3414796]I brought up the fact that, until now, no one has posted this questioning of Rex's capabilities as a head coach. The reaction your post is receiving is as expected with most fans buying into the tough every-guy persona that Rex portrays. My opinion, which everyone here will tell you is worth dog chit, is that Rex has a way to go to be called a good HC. Not to say he's not, but he's done nothing yet to exhibit otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I picked your post, but what I have to say would apply to a LOT of people on here. It's his first year as a HC and we have a rookie QB. Too many people on this board were expecting WAY to much! When the season started I picked us at 8-8 or 9-7 and NO playoffs. I think it's pretty good that we're still alive going into the last two games of the season! Too many people aren't realistic and live in fantasyland. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3414796]I brought up the fact that, until now, no one has posted this questioning of Rex's capabilities as a head coach. The reaction your post is receiving is as expected with most fans buying into the tough every-guy persona that Rex portrays. My opinion, which everyone here will tell you is worth dog chit, is that Rex has a way to go to be called a good HC. Not to say he's not, but he's done nothing yet to exhibit otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Only time will tell what kind of success Rex will find as a HC, but I believe a lot of "people in the know" were saying similar things about some scumbag DC, former Browns HC, before Tom Brady turned him into a HOFer.

uh, parcells went 3-13 with a similarly talent laden team. it's not what rex has done this season it's what happens next. sanchez starts making good decisions and we suddenly have 3 more wins. now how many would that make? ten or one more than your bellichicken over the hill patsie team.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3414844]Ignoring the personal attack, my point was not that I think he won't, or can't be a good HC. The mere fact that you call him a modern day Parcells, when all he's done is guide a talent laden team to a 7-7 record, shows you have zero objectivity. His body of work is only 14 games, so there's no need to crucify the guy. Likewise, it's too early to annoint him. But if i were a fan I'd wonder a bit about his focus on the D at the expense of the O, his clock management, use or non-use of challenges, attention to detail (Sorry guys, we're outta the playoffs?) and most importantly, the development of the Franchise.[/QUOTE]

right. and there really isn't much difference between 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3415095]I picked your post, but what I have to say would apply to a LOT of people on here. It's his first year as a HC and we have a rookie QB. Too many people on this board were expecting WAY to much! When the season started I picked us at 8-8 or 9-7 and NO playoffs. I think it's pretty good that we're still alive going into the last two games of the season! Too many people aren't realistic and live in fantasyland. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    did Vinny GFH yet?

If not, kindly let me know when

[QUOTE=FF2;3414715]Rex is a very fat man.[/QUOTE]

SO ARE YOU!:D

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3415032]Did I type it too fast for you to comprehend? Try reading it again and you'll see that your second personal attack is unwarrented dickbreath.[/QUOTE]

Come on Vinny..... he called you jerkoff and toolbox.

What's next , he calls you meat breath????:D

That should be nothing compared to what you are accustomed.;)

Have a Good Christmas!

rex has had his moments this year but from what we seen i think we all agree he can be a good coach. that remains to be seen but i am optomistic. of course I felt that way about Edwards and Mangini so

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3415095] [B]Too many people on this board were expecting WAY to much! When the season started I picked us at 8-8 or 9-7 and NO playoffs. I think it's pretty good that we're still alive going into the last two games of the season! Too many people aren't realistic and live in fantasyland. [/B] :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why can't people see this!! Thank you!!!:yes:

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3415095]I picked your post, but what I have to say would apply to a LOT of people on here. It's his first year as a HC and we have a rookie QB. Too many people on this board were expecting WAY to much! When the season started I picked us at 8-8 or 9-7 and NO playoffs. I think it's pretty good that we're still alive going into the last two games of the season! Too many people aren't realistic and live in fantasyland. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Too easy.

The following games are "crushers" and the 8 and 8 thought, while a consensus, was being thought of as LOW FRUIT after a few weeks.
    Remember, the Jints won the SB with a 10 and 6 record.

Buffalo, Atlanta, Jax and ONE Miami game if we are simply 50/50 on any of these games, we would be a LOCK for the post season.

After Atlanta, I am of the point "Who we gonna beat anyway" if we did get in and we won't.

My 2 cents

Rex is known for his D, most of us thought we would be a top 5 D this year. Rex also only got to bring in a couple of his players and he had one draft to work with. This offseason will be more important because now he has had a full year to evaluate the talent and he knows what he needs to upgrade and fix.

The bad: The playcalling has been so predicable(Schotty to blame for most part) The D gives up TD's towards the end of a couple of games when they needed to step up the most. I also think that the clock management was suspect early in our losing streak.

To the older jets fans on the board(30year olds and above), Ryan reminds me alot of his dad, great D coach, pretty good coach(eagles, cards) I hope personally that he is a better head coach then his dad because I like Ryan alot and I like how he has brought a swagger back to the team. I think we will know alot more come next August for sure.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3415861]Too easy.

The following games are "crushers" and the 8 and 8 thought, while a consensus, was being thought of as LOW FRUIT after a few weeks.
    Remember, the Jints won the SB with a 10 and 6 record.

Buffalo, Atlanta, Jax and ONE Miami game if we are simply 50/50 on any of these games, we would be a LOCK for the post season.

After Atlanta, I am of the point "Who we gonna beat anyway" if we did get in and we won't.[/QUOTE]

8-8 was destiny, don't you see? those 50/50 games were supposed to play out just the way they did. you can't let the "what ifs" drive you nutz.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A-FRICKEN-MEN. All you dooshes on the fairweather bandwagon feel free to leap off into the next muddy ditch. And don't come back in a year or two when we're talking about how soon we can lock up the first seed. You will not be welcome...:afro:

Rex's mouth is out there 3 feet in front of his belly.

Until he is able to think "then" speak, I don't see him being a good HC.

[QUOTE=Dash with a past;3414658]Rex came into town as the perfect replacement for Mangini. He picked fights(Crowder of the dolphins),he said everything that we wanted to hear. We were going to be the toughest team in the league, watch out, and we are going to tell you about it as well. The man has produced a outstanding defense, one that Mangini could have never turned out. He is outstanding on the defensive side of the field, however,as a head coach in New York I wonder.... Can this man manage a whole team?The Jets had 8 pro Bowlers from last year,and they traded for another former young one and added one in Free agency,plus we ended up with the 5th overall pick in the draft. Seems like the rich were getting richer....Yet we have a team that is undisaplinded,seems to lack conditioning(Why else would a stellar defense continue to cave at crunch time?),and overall seems lost... Rex said that he would have a stronger influence on his rookie qb 3/4s of the way through the season. Sanchez has not really responded.
    Rex crying, Rex stating we were done when most of the team was smart enough to know that they were still alive. [B]I wish Rex was our defensive coach and not our Head coach[/B]...[/QUOTE]

I can agree with this.
    Last edited by Esiason2Moore TD; 12-22-2009 at 10:06 PM.

If the Jets had Wrecks as its DC, and had say, Mike Shanahan as its HC, the Jets would be leading the division this year with a possible first round bye.

Shanahan would have sat The Kid for his first year instead of taking a 16 game college rookie and throwing him to the big dogs.