Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Baker key to Pats revamped running game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3416719]And he's decided to do so as a direct result of doing the right thing: taking what the defense gives you.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, something our OC should consider.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm sure our #1 rushing offense misses Baker and his run-blocking. Whatever would we do without him?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Statz don't lie:

Last week:

Thomas Jones: Att: 19 Yards: 52 TD: 0

Lawrence Maroney: Att: 23 Yards 81 TD: 1

This proves the Jets miss Baker.

Statz don't lie

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3416851]Statz don't lie:

Last week:

Thomas Jones: Att: 19 Yards: 52 TD: 0

Lawrence Maroney: Att: 23 Yards 81 TD: 1

This proves the Jets miss Baker.

Statz don't lie[/QUOTE]

Where is Statz this week?

I'm curious to read his guaranteed 3 reasons why the Jags will beat the Pats this week. :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3416864]Where is Statz this week?

I'm curious to read his guaranteed 3 reasons why the Jags will beat the Pats this week. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

He's hiding in the Knicks forum.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3416943]He's hiding in the Knicks forum.[/QUOTE]

I know someone who has a pretty daughter we could fix'em up with?!?! Whaddya think?

:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;3416991]I know someone who has a pretty daughter we could fix'em up with?!?! Whaddya think?
    :D[/QUOTE]

I think you should stick with wimmenz over 40. Pervert.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3416610]Any "resurgance" :rolleyes: in the Pats running game has everything to do with the fact that defenses don't have an ounce respect their ability to run and instead key on Welker/Moss/Brady. And nothing to do with Chris Baker.[/QUOTE]

The last sentence is correct. The other stuff is garbage-y ignorance and flailing fan-boy tantrum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    have to agree with SI Pats fan

opponents don't even concern themselves with any of the Patriot running backs

their running game sucks and only is serviceable because defenses play 9 man out of 11 on any play defending the pass

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3417355]have to agree with SI Pats fan

opponents don't even concern themselves with any of the Patriot running backs

their running game sucks and only is serviceable because defenses play 9 man out of 11 on any play defending the pass[/QUOTE]

Which is it? It is servicable or it sucks? Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth at once.

Pats are NOT a running team. Their passing is an extension of their running game and sets up their running, or hadn't you noticed.

Get with it homer. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;3416545]As the Patriots have ramped up their running game of late, tight end Chris Baker has been a key.

“You can watch Chris play and see him do all the things that that position does,’’ coach Bill Belichick said. “Even lining up in the backfield, he’s done that some. The inside motioning, the perimeter off-the-line plays, the on-the-line plays. I think he has a pretty good feel for those things, the wham blocks, the flash blocks, where they come all the way back, the point of attack blocks.

“I think he’s a pretty versatile guy and that helps you in the running game, so you’re not always doing the same thing with that player and it makes the defense have to defend the blocking combinations.’’

Baker’s ascension as a blocker was a big reason the Patriots signed him in March, and it happened as a means of survival from his early NFL years.

When he arrived in the league from Michigan State, it was with the reputation as a catch-first, block-never player. And that wasn’t going to fly in a Jets offense that wasn’t going to feature the tight end.

“My first year in New York, I think I caught two passes,’’ Baker said. “So I really started honing my skills, as far as blocking, to get on the field, because they didn’t use a tight end in the passing game my first couple of years. So it was, ‘Let me get on the field and do what I can,’ and I got better and better.’’

A big part of it, for Baker, has been taking a hard-nosed attitude to this kind of work, particularly when arriving in New England and having so much learning to do in the passing game.

“I’ve learned the last couple of years, it’s a lot more about attitude,’’ Baker said. “My technique now, compared to what it was a couple of years ago, probably isn’t what it was because I don’t work on it as much here as I did in the past. So it’s the attitude of going out and doing it.’’

And as Maroney & Co. can attest, he’s done it.[/QUOTE]

[B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Plagerism. Cite your source....OH, PATS* are used to cheating.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry FauxJerk

not responding to your obsession here or at your sewer anymore

GFY and DIE

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;3416610]Any "resurgance" :rolleyes: in the Pats running game has everything to do with the fact that defenses don't have an ounce respect their ability to run and instead key on Welker/Moss/Brady. And nothing to do with Chris Baker.[/QUOTE]

+1

That and Laurence Maroney has finally stayed healthy giving the Pats an effective featured back.

Baker is a JAG and thank God we didn't waste a 1st round pick on a blocking tight end like Brandon Pettigrew.