Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So if I take Chantix am I going to off myself?

Jets Insider VIP

So if I take Chantix am I going to off myself?

Maybe I should have asked this before I started taking it...:rolleyes:

Anyway, the time has come for me to quit - seriously this time.
    There is no greater reality does when after you talk to the doctor he says 'Well then, let's get some chest x-rays done...'

Just want to check in with some other people that have taken it.
    I already have the insane dreams that have been playing out like a 'Heavy Metal' movie...my subconscious is a scary place.

Anyone else?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

are you ok?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3416855]are you ok?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm ok (nothing showed on the x-rays - if there was they didnt say anything)

They say one of the major side effects or things to look out for on Chantix are mood changes - and suicidal thoughts...crazy shizzle

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3416860]Yeah I'm ok (nothing showed on the x-rays - if there was they didnt say anything)

They say one of the major side effects or things to look out for on Chantix are mood changes - and suicidal thoughts...crazy shizzle[/QUOTE]

Just tell the doc you're a Jets fan. He'll tell you you're well prepared for any potential mood changes or psychosis. In fact, he may double the dosage! :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Fishooked;3416860]Yeah I'm ok (nothing showed on the x-rays - if there was they didnt say anything)

They say one of the major side effects or things to look out for on Chantix are mood changes - and suicidal thoughts...crazy shizzle[/QUOTE]
    scary stuff...

ny wifes uncle just had half his lung removed, it was a fluke they caught it, he has not smoked in multiple years...

cold turkey works, tough as hell but it works, good luck

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3416866]Just tell the doc you're a Jets fan. He'll tell you you're well prepared for any potential mood changes or psychosis. In fact, he may double the dosage! :D[/QUOTE]

We do have strong mental fortitude, that's for sure.
    We are able to cope by tearing each other apart on message boards after losses, lol.

My mom smoked for roughly 25 years and used the patch to stop smoking. It did take one or two tries but she did quit.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3416860]

I bet you are too much of a p***y to jump out that window behind you.

Hall Of Fame
    Ham tried it, he isn't posting because his mom is sick.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3286910[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    I took it for about 6 weeks and then quit. I didn't experience any weird thoughts or bad feelings, and I have a significantly higher than average stress load. I also didn't attempt to pare down my cigarette usage (pack a day) until about the third or fourth week, longer than recommended. It's been 2 1/2 years since and I haven't had a cigarette yet.:cool3:

[QUOTE=Fishooked;3416847]Maybe I should have asked this before I started taking it...:rolleyes:

There is no greater reality does when after you talk to the doctor he says 'Well then, let's get some chest x-rays done...'

I already have the insane dreams that have been playing out like a 'Heavy Metal' movie...my subconscious is a scary place.

Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I stopped 10 years ago. I used a small plastic cigarette type device that you put a cartridge in. Each cartridge was equal to 2 smokes. I was still getting some nicotine but not the smoke. Nicotine is addictive but the smoke is deadly. Ask your doc about them. It was the only thing I used and I had smoked for 22 years. I am now in great shape and excersize daily. Good luck.

Bewildered Beast

I was a pretty anxious person, and I tried Prozac, Zoloft and others...stay away from that ****. Don't let a doctor do your dirty work for you with drugs. Zoloft = wanting to scrape "something" out of my brain. I stopped it after trying it for 3 months.

Deep breathing will help. You have inside of you all the resources you need to handle quitting smoking; you just have to do it on a day-by-day basis.

$200/mo for pills. Come on.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3416888]I bet you are too much of a p***y to jump out that window behind you.[/QUOTE]
    LMAO

All League
    What are you trying to quit? JI?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3416888]I bet you are too much of a p***y to jump out that window behind you.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!! Good thing you aren't one of those negotiators that tries talking people out of jumping...

Timmy w/ a bullhorn: SIR! You can't jump! You have a family and small children. It's not worth it! Besides, you're too much of a p*ssy to try to ju....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3416932]I was a pretty anxious person, and I tried Prozac, Zoloft and others...stay away from that ****. Don't let a doctor do your dirty work for you with drugs. Zoloft = wanting to scrape "something" out of my brain. I stopped it after trying it for 3 months.

Deep breathing will help. You have inside of you all the resources you need to handle quitting smoking; you just have to do it on a day-by-day basis.

$200/mo for pills. Come on.[/QUOTE]

$115 :D

Actually I was on it once before, and it is effective. I was down to 1 smoke a day before my quit date. Problem was I didn't pick a quit date.

And I'm certainly not the jump out of a window type. I don't like to inconvenience people. And I hate rubberneckers and slack-jawed gawkers. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Fishooked;3416970]
    And I'm certainly not the jump out of a window type. I don't like to inconvenience people. [/QUOTE]

Lol What you do is...get some sleeping pills, drive to the morgue with all the poleez paperwork filled out already, hop in a body bag, take the pills, pin a note with your I.D. to the outside of the bag, wrigggle up onto a gurney and zip up the bag.

Hardly any bother at all to anyone.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;3416847]Maybe I should have asked this before I started taking it...:rolleyes:

Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

dude - you're not checking out are you? And this is the big goodbye thread?

I wound up trying it and it worked for me. $40 a month with my prescription plan and I only used it for a month.

I had some vivid dreams but kind of enjoyed them. I'd found myself being aware that I was dreaming which enabled me to shape the course of the dream. Kind of cool.

Oh other side effect was nausea when taken on an empty stomach but it was relatively minor.
    Last edited by Pac2566; 12-23-2009 at 06:41 PM.

I took it for about 6 weeks and it worked for me after smoking for over 20 years. I did have some ****ed up dreams but nothing suicidal. I am glad I took it because I tried everything else and never stopped smoking. Be ready for the weight gain, Fish. It sucks!! Start exercising and watching what you eat now if you are serious about quitting.