Thread: SI Week 16 Playoff Projections

Banned

SI Week 16 Playoff Projections

[B][SIZE="4"]NEW YORK JETS (7-7)[/SIZE][/B]

If The Playoffs Started Today: Out
    Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Indianapolis (L); vs. Cincinnati (W)
    Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 8-8; out
    Extra Point: The bad news? The Jets have to beat the unbeaten Colts and the playoff-bound Bengals to reach 9-7. Worst news? They'd still have to get significant help to have a shot at the postseason.

At 9-7, New York would win tiebreaker with Steelers (conference record), Titans (h2h) and Texans (h2h); New York would lose tiebreaker with Jaguars (h2h) and Dolphins (h2h). For a tiebreaker with the Ravens or Broncos, see Baltimore and Denver entries above.

[B][SIZE="4"]NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (9-5)[/SIZE][/B]

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 3 seed (wins tiebreaker with Cincinnati based on strength of victory)
    Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Jacksonville (W); at Houston (W)
    Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 11-5; No. 3
    Extra Point: The Patriots are a power broker in the race for the No. 5 and 6 seeds because they play two of the 7-7 teams. Ironically, by beating both the Jags and Texans, [B]the Patriots will be helping clear a path for the division rival Jets and/or Dolphins to make the postseason[/B].:eek:

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/dom_bonvissuto/12/22/week.16/index.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    is the enemy of my enemy my friend?..or my enemy?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we KNOW the Jets aren't making the Playoffs. We get it. The Pats, on the other hand, will be one-and-done, remember? :rolleyes:

All League
    [SIZE="7"][B]*[/B][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3417050]Yeah, yeah, yeah, we KNOW the Jets aren't making the Playoffs. We get it. The Pats, on the other hand, will be one-and-done, remember? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So if I'm reading this right.. Your okay with the Jets not making the playoffs again but think a team who has made the post season 8 out of 10 seasons is going to be one and done? Interesting.. Considering the turnover on roster and winning the division again, plus the additional draft picks this year and next year, I would have thought there be great outrage from Jets fans :P

they might be one and done but the best part is they will have the chance to go for the trophy..

Hall Of Fame
    Where's the part that says the Pasts* are one and done after Welker clocks Moss for quitting early?

[QUOTE=mcsully;3417065]So if I'm reading this right.. Your okay with the Jets not making the playoffs again but think [B]a team who has made the post season 8 out of 10 seasons is going to be one and done?[/B] Interesting.. Considering the turnover on roster and winning the division again, plus the additional draft picks this year and next year, I would have thought there be great outrage from Jets fans :P

they might be one and done but the best part is they will have the chance to go for the trophy..[/QUOTE]

PatsFanTx Said so a month ago :yes:

Just reminding him :D

[QUOTE=el_dub80;3417094]PatsFanTx Said so a month ago :yes:

Just reminding him :D[/QUOTE]

He should read

[url]http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/kerry-byrne/2009/12/22/bradys-negotiated-brutal-stretch-2009?page=full[/url]

Fascinating article..

Like I said, they've had a large turnover this year and winning the division and knowing their future looks bright with a great salary cap and additional draft picks makes this fan feel good..

Of course they might not be one and done and they have the chance to change that theory :)

All League

Hey TX!!!

Do the Pats still have a shot at the #3 seed if Cincy defeats KC this week?

So if the Jets go 9-7, they are in...Cool.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3416918][B][SIZE="4"]NEW YORK JETS (7-7)[/SIZE][/B]

If The Playoffs Started Today: Out
    Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): at Indianapolis (L); vs. Cincinnati (W)
    Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 8-8; out
    Extra Point: The bad news? The Jets have to beat the unbeaten Colts and the playoff-bound Bengals to reach 9-7. Worst news? They'd still have to get significant help to have a shot at the postseason.

At 9-7, New York would win tiebreaker with Steelers (conference record), Titans (h2h) and Texans (h2h); New York would lose tiebreaker with Jaguars (h2h) and Dolphins (h2h). For a tiebreaker with the Ravens or Broncos, see Baltimore and Denver entries above.

[B][SIZE="4"]NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (9-5)[/SIZE][/B]

If The Playoffs Started Today: In; No. 3 seed (wins tiebreaker with Cincinnati based on strength of victory)
    Remaining Schedule (Projected Results): vs. Jacksonville (W); at Houston (W)
    Final Projected Record; Playoff Seeding: 11-5; No. 3
    Extra Point: The Patriots are a power broker in the race for the No. 5 and 6 seeds because they play two of the 7-7 teams. Ironically, by beating both the Jags and Texans, [B]the Patriots will be helping clear a path for the division rival Jets and/or Dolphins to make the postseason[/B].:eek:

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/dom_bonvissuto/12/22/week.16/index.html[/url][/QUOTE]

According to their projections we would get in if we win out. They have the Broncos,Miami,and Jaguars losing one game

Banned
    [QUOTE=simijet;3417121]Do the Pats still have a shot at the #3 seed if Cincy defeats KC this week?[/QUOTE]

I think the Pats have to win out and the Bengals have to lose out.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3417129]I think the Pats have to win out and the Bengals have to lose out.[/QUOTE]

I rather face the colts then the bolts.. We only lost by one point and everything went wrong that could go wrong in that game..

Bolts are a tougher matchup with Jackson, LT, Brees and Gates..

Banned
    [QUOTE=mcsully;3417146]I rather face the colts then the bolts.. We only lost by one point and everything went wrong that could go wrong in that game..

Bolts are a tougher matchup with Jackson, LT, Brees and Gates..[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I want no part of the Chargers, they are playing great football right now.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=mcsully;3417146]I rather face the colts then the bolts.. We only lost by one point and everything went wrong that could go wrong in that game..

Brees is having a big year for the Bolts?

[QUOTE=DBarrett=all<3;3417150]Brees is having a big year for the Bolts?[/QUOTE]

hahaha.. I meant Rivers.. ;P

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;3417129]I think the Pats have to win out and the Bengals have to lose out.[/QUOTE]

Why would the Bengals have to lose out? You're tied, they need to drop one.

Banned

I'd rather see you chowds die by the hand of Manning YET AGAIN!

Banned

[B]Bolts are a tougher matchup[/B] with Jackson, LT,[B] Brees [/B]and Gates..[/QUOTE]

Eh... okay.