Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Rhodes out partying after game

Kerry Rhodes out partying after game

Article in today's Daily News, Kerry was out to Tyson Beckfords birthday party in Manhattan after the Falcon loss. Article says couldn't tell he even lost a game. He was having a great time drinking and doing shots with celebrity types he likes to suck on hoping for a break into next career move. Just wish this guy was as focused on becoming a better player as he is in chasing his modeling/acting career.
    I don't know why i am so pissed after these losses. It seems to bother me more than some of these players.

I'm all for some Rhodes bashing but...what do you want him to do? Sit in a room and think to himself?

He played a good game...then went to a party.

I pray Kerry isn't on this team next year. he's a nickel safety worth no more than $1.5 million a year

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetfanbc77;3416945]Article in today's Daily News, Kerry was out to Tyson Beckfords birthday party in Manhattan after the Falcon loss. Article says couldn't tell he even lost a game. He was having a great time drinking and doing shots with celebrity types he likes to suck on hoping for a break into next career move. Just wish this guy was as focused on becoming a better player as he is in chasing his modeling/acting career.
    I don't know why i am so pissed after these losses. It seems to bother me more than some of these players.[/QUOTE]

Do you skip a party when sh!t goes wrong at the office? Just saying... plus tis the season, drinking eggnog with Kahluha and rum as we speak :yes:

Veteran
    I'm a critic of Rhodes's soft play on the field but this doesn't really bother me. He is allowed to do this and enjoy himself. Plus, we as fans are emotionally invested in this team for them it is a job.

All League
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3416947]I'm all for some Rhodes bashing but...what do you want him to do? Sit in a room and think to himself?

He played a good game...then went to a party.[/QUOTE]

Yea I have to agree.

It certainly doesn't inspire any great feelings towards him, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with it.

He's young. He's going to go out. I have no problems with any player blowing off steam after a game... as long they don't do anything stupid.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

heard Rhodes being interviewed on ESPN as I left the stadium sick to my stomach...he said, "they get paid same as we get paid," or some words to that effect.

Why do we care about this team again?

[QUOTE=jetswin;3416956]heard Rhodes being interviewed on ESPN as I left the stadium sick to my stomach...he said, "they get paid same as we get paid," or some words to that effect.

Why do we care about this team again?[/QUOTE]

Okay, nevermind. fuk Rhodes

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetfanbc77;3416945]Article in today's Daily News, Kerry was out to Tyson Beckfords birthday party in Manhattan after the Falcon loss. Article says couldn't tell he even lost a game. He was having a great time drinking and doing shots with celebrity types he likes to suck on hoping for a break into next career move. Just wish this guy was as focused on becoming a better player as he is in chasing his modeling/acting career.
    I don't know why i am so pissed after these losses. It seems to bother me more than some of these players.[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you.

His "job" is a GAME that some of us would kill for just to sit the bench and make millions.

I know if it were me, I hate to lose and there is NO WAY I would be out partying after a lose that potentially ended my postseason.

I guess he has a right to do what he wants but I want football players who are PISSED OFF after a loss and not...heck its just a game or my job.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3416947]I'm all for some Rhodes bashing but...what do you want him to do? Sit in a room and think to himself?

He played a good game...then went to a party.[/QUOTE]

he should have been thinking about why he didnt come in a little tighter if he and the rest of the D knew Gonzo was getting the ball and made a phucking play on it...instead of watching in the background....this guy needs one of these...[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goNqg8LO42c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goNqg8LO42c[/URL]

All League
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3416950]Do you skip a party when sh!t goes wrong at the office? Just saying... plus tis the season, drinking eggnog with Kahluha and rum as we speak :yes:[/QUOTE]

+10000

If you have a ****ty day at work and have plans to go to a friends bday party, would you cancel and/or hang your head low while at the party? Hell no!! You'd want to get wasted and have a great time to forget what happened at work.

I respect everyones opinion that he can go out after the game. I just don't think football is this guys #1 priority. Maybe the money portion and the networking opportunities it allows him for his next career step, but not the lay it on the line type you necessarily want on your team.

Merry Christmas guys.

[QUOTE=Banks81;3416966]+10000

If you have a ****ty day at work and have plans to go to a friends bday party, would you cancel and/or hang your head low while at the party? Hell no!! You'd want to get wasted and have a great time to forget what happened at work.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but shouldn't athletes and those in the public eye be better people than us? Think of our children and the role models they have to follow.

Sooo can we get an update on the whole team, the Dolphins, the Broncos, and other teams that had tough losses......what did everyone do the night after they lost??

I'm sure Kerry Rhodes was the only one out :rolleyes:

I'd goto the movies to see a Kerry Rhodes flick. Here's to a career change!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetfanbc77;3416968][B]I respect everyones opinion that he can go out after the game. I just don't think football is this guys #1 priority.[/B] Maybe the money portion and the networking opportunities it allows him for his next career step, but not the lay it on the line type you necessarily want on your team.

Merry Christmas guys.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! That's the thing. I also have no real problem with him going to a party after the game that I'm sure he RSVP'd for weeks ago and was planning to attend either way. But he's clearly looking past football at this point. He's in the middle of his career, probably heading into his final few years of football and likely will take a Tiki Barber early exit to pursue media, acting, whatever. That's just my guess.

All League
    there is nothing wrong with enjoying life and doing as you please off the field...but this is the exact difference of the players who get it and want it then those who dont...players like jamarcus russel and kerry rhodes get their pay check put in their 60 minutes then do as they please...players who put their heart and soul into the team dont handle themselves like this, was curtis martin or chad pennington ever out drinking after a game??...heck even sanchez has been reported watching tape for hours after a bad perfomance...kerry rhodes has lost touch with his ability and desire to play football which had disconnected him from the team and put him in a "me, me, me" mentality...10 years from now when he realizes he is on the decline in his career and hasnt won a super bowl he will write a book about when it all went wrong

All League
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3416972]Yes, but shouldn't athletes and those in the public eye be better people than us? Think of our children and the role models they have to follow.[/QUOTE]

How many kids are reading an article like this in the Daily News? Seriously... come on now, don't be ridiculous. Kids don't even know this is going on so don't take that angle.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3416972]Yes, but shouldn't athletes and those in the public eye be better people than us? Think of our children and the role models they have to follow.[/QUOTE]

I think we need more players that fart, eat raw meat, and drink Jack straight from the bottle on our team.

All League
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3416981]I think we need more players that fart, eat raw meat, and drink Jack straight from the bottle on our team.[/QUOTE]

i think we need more players like darelle revis