Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Rhodes out partying after game

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3416972]Yes, but shouldn't athletes and those in the public eye be better people than us? [B]Think of our children and the role models they have to follow[/B].[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not serious.

Mickey Mantle and the Yankees used to smoke cigarettes on top of the Shoreham Hotel in D.C.! :eek:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3416983]i think we need more players like darelle revis[/QUOTE]

+1, just not sure if there are more players like him.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;3416981]I think we need more players that fart, eat raw meat, and drink Jack straight from the bottle on our team.[/QUOTE]

MONGO!

[IMG]http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/films/tt0071230/60205.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=King Koopa;3416973]Sooo can we get an update on the whole team, the Dolphins, the Broncos, and other teams that had tough losses......what did everyone do the night after they lost??

I'm sure Kerry Rhodes was the only one out :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I heard that Jones went home and banged Meagan Good...AFTER A LOSS!!! The audacity...

All Pro
    The game was over and he moved on, the shame of it is us the fans take losses worse than most players. Its eats at us for days and we go over it time and time again.

Kerry going out has no impact on the game they lost. Kerry tweeting BS bothers me.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL, so the guy can't even enjoy his life? Maybe it's his way of getting over a loss?

Even when Kerry Rhodes plays good, people (Jets fans) still find a way to complain.

He will hate being traded to Cleveland especially....

....if Lebron leaves. He won't enjoy the "entertainment crowd" from Cleveland quite the same..... or the movie opportunities. But he'll learn like so many others. You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.

[QUOTE=Stan Blinka;3416959]I actually agree with you.

His "job" is a GAME that some of us would kill for just to sit the bench and make millions.

I know if it were me, I hate to lose and there is NO WAY I would be out partying after a lose that potentially ended my postseason.

I guess he has a right to do what he wants but I want football players who are PISSED OFF after a loss and not...heck its just a game or my job.[/QUOTE]

I've said the same thing before, so I'm not bashing you or anything, but I doubt you'd feel that way. If it were you, that would mean that you were one of the 1800 or so NFL players. That would mean that you had been the **** your entire life - a high-school and college superstar who had his choice of parties and/or chicks from the time you hit 15. You wouldn't be the person you are today, you would most likely be an arrogant athlete with a much lesser passion for the game than we have as fans. You would feel justified to go party after a loss.

Fans are passionate because we don't get to play the game to the point where we wind up in an NFL camp. It's understandable that what everyday work in America is to us, the NFL is to these guys. A job.

[QUOTE=King Koopa;3416973]Sooo can we get an update on the whole team, the Dolphins, the Broncos, and other teams that had tough losses......what did everyone do the night after they lost??

I'm sure Kerry Rhodes was the only one out :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sanchez goes out all the time, village, NJ....

[QUOTE=Flagman5A;3417014]Sanchez goes out all the time, village, NJ....[/QUOTE]

yup, saw him at Hudson Terrace a few days after he injured himself

Not a big deal. You lose you move on. I know these guys get paid millions of dollars, but that is just human nature. You try to move on with your everyday life once work is over. The problem with Kerry is that there are rumors of him doing this kind of stuff all week long. That's the problem. A guy like Revis studies film. Kerry goes into the city and does whatever at night. Im sure Revis has his wild side as well, but it just does not seem as if Kerry has that serious side a Revis has when it comes to doing that little bit extra to improve based on all those reports.

I did not know this until maybe just a week or two ago, but apparently in his first years here Rhodes used to go over Jon Vilma's place and watch gametape all the time. That seems to have ended in 2008. Maybe Rhodes needs more friends on the team to get him to do those kinds of things in the future.

All League
    [QUOTE=SurfCityJet;3417006]....if Lebron leaves. He won't enjoy the "entertainment crowd" from Cleveland quite the same..... or the movie opportunities. But he'll learn like so many others. You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.[/QUOTE]

you really think mangina wants to trade for him so he can not use him in cleveland?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jason423;3417044]
    I did not know this until maybe just a week or two ago, but apparently in his first years here Rhodes used to go over Jon Vilma's place and watch gametape all the time. That seems to have ended in 2008. Maybe Rhodes needs more friends on the team to get him to do those kinds of things in the future.[/QUOTE]
    I remember that...

I wonder if Vilma still does that, I miss having that guy here.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3417051]I remember that...

I wonder if Vilma still does that, I miss having that guy here.[/QUOTE]

me too but david harris helped me get over it

[QUOTE=jetfanbc77;3416968]I respect everyones opinion that he can go out after the game. I just don't think football is this guys #1 priority. Maybe the money portion and the networking opportunities it allows him for his next career step, but not the lay it on the line type you necessarily want on your team.

Merry Christmas guys.[/QUOTE]

What Kerry doesn't realize is that average NFL players don't make it in Hollywood when they hang up the cleats. It's always been STARS who have parlayed their household names into an acting gig or career, especially if they have some acting talent. OJ, Jim Brown, LT, Howie Long, to name a few...if he wants to make it on the silver screen, he has to make it on the green field first...

Yea sure Rhodes may be a sub-par player on the defense, but this team has a #1 defense, so who really cares. If there's anything to be upset about its the fact that the offense is a complete mess, the Jets don't deserve to go to the playoffs. Championship teams score touchdowns and WIN games.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3416947]I'm all for some Rhodes bashing but...what do you want him to do? Sit in a room and think to himself?

He played a good game...then went to a party.[/QUOTE]

seriously..enough guys...he's not a robot...some people go out partying after someone passes away..others rather be alone...choice baby

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3417051]I remember that...

I wonder if Vilma still does that, I miss having that guy here.[/QUOTE]

is this hindsight? i mean..vilma was avg on the jets after his rookie season...all a sudden he's the missing piece...harris is a better football player than vilma I'd say...the vilma love is kinda weird..it's making kellen jealous

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=EZV;3417058]What Kerry doesn't realize is that average NFL players don't make it in Hollywood when they hang up the cleats. ...[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://www.vikingstickets.com/img/players/52.jpg[/IMG]

no oscars or super bowl trophies

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3417072]is this hindsight? i mean..vilma was avg on the jets after his rookie season...all a sudden he's the missing piece...harris is a better football player than vilma I'd say...the vilma love is kinda weird..it's making kellen jealous[/QUOTE]
    no hindsight, and I think Harris is one of the best players in the league, I just always liked Vilma, and thought he gave 100%...no weirdness trust me :cool: