Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kerry Rhodes out partying after game

All Pro
    Yeah, he should've gone directly to Florham Park and started preparing for the Colts right away. Don't go home, don't go out, don't eat, don't do anything. I mean, he makes millions of dollars [B][I]MILLIONS[/I][/B] to play a game. And that's all he should ever do.

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Chris Carlin called him out on it today. On "Loudmouths" Carlin said when Rhodes heard about it, he responded with something like "where was Chris, at the buffet?". To this, Carlin said (paraphrasing) "Kerry, sure I hit the buffet pretty hard, which is more than I can say for you hitting opponents". I know I'm not doing the quote justice, but I was laughing too hard!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;3417011]I've said the same thing before, so I'm not bashing you or anything, but I doubt you'd feel that way. If it were you, that would mean that you were one of the 1800 or so NFL players. That would mean that you had been the **** your entire life - a high-school and college superstar who had his choice of parties and/or chicks from the time you hit 15. You wouldn't be the person you are today, you would most likely be an arrogant athlete with a much lesser passion for the game than we have as fans. You would feel justified to go party after a loss.

Fans are passionate because we don't get to play the game to the point where we wind up in an NFL camp. It's understandable that what everyday work in America is to us, the NFL is to these guys. A job.[/QUOTE]

I know your not bashing me but don't doubt the way I feel.

I play softball for fun and lose and don't want to go out for beers.

So believe me when I say I would not go out and party after a potential game that ended my post season chances.

Thats just me and I am probably in the minorty

Hall Of Fame
    Rhodes absolutely did not play a good game on Sunday but getting down on him because he went out to a party after the game seems stupid.

Criticize him all you want for ducking contact on Sundays. But not this.

its just stupid thinking these guys sit around and have no life... they all go out and party at times during the season

Banned
    Wow I didn't know Kerry Rhodes was supposed to hide in a cave and eat rice and rat meat after a loss.

[QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3416983]i think we need more players like darelle revis[/QUOTE]

Revis is on twitter [url]http://twitter.com/Revis24[/url],
    Revis was on Ustream with Kutcher
    Revis did a photo spread on yardbarker [URL="http://www.yrbmagazine.com/magazine/article/117/fashion-on-the-mark"]http://www.yrbmagazine.com/magazine/article/117/fashion-on-the-mark[/URL]

Went to 12AngryMascots couple weeks ago [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd_sq4eKReQ[/url]

Things people have killed Kerry for and some if he did people would kill him for. Its what you do on the field that matters. What he does during his free time is irrelevant.

All Pro
    the defense did their job .... up & down the whole feild; the offense ****ed up

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=SurfCityJet;3417006]....if Lebron leaves. He won't enjoy the "entertainment crowd" from Cleveland quite the same..... or the movie opportunities. But he'll learn like so many others. You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.[/QUOTE]

maybe he will enjoy playing in Oakland better for a second rounder..he turned up his game just in time to show teams and the jets that he is very much a trade able commodity. i just think he is not physical enough to play for Rex and this D....that's all

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=gijet;3417425]its just stupid thinking these guys sit around and have no life... they all go out and party at times during the season[/QUOTE]

obviously these guys have a life and earn a great living and all the perks that come along with being a professional athlete but you have to at least acknowledge the fact that you lost and maybe do some studying and prepare yourself...i feel like revis watches the tape after the game and then gos home to do whatever he wants but he does put the work in...Rhodes made some nice plays during the game but he should have known whatever the defense was called that he should slide to Gonzo and try to make a play instead of watching him catch the pass...a leader would have recognized the situation and not waited for a call from Jimmy Leonard to move up and reposition i just think he wants out and doesnt really give a sh**....that's my feeling on him.

All League
    [QUOTE=avi31884;3417523]Revis is on twitter [url]http://twitter.com/Revis24[/url],
    Revis was on Ustream with Kutcher
    Revis did a photo spread on yardbarker [URL="http://www.yrbmagazine.com/magazine/article/117/fashion-on-the-mark"]http://www.yrbmagazine.com/magazine/article/117/fashion-on-the-mark[/URL]

Went to 12AngryMascots couple weeks ago [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd_sq4eKReQ[/url]

Things people have killed Kerry for and some if he did people would kill him for. Its what you do on the field that matters. What he does during his free time is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

how is doing an interview and having a twitter account the same as going out partying and drinking alcohol after losing a game in which basically destroyed any realistic chance you had of making the playoffs?? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3417444]Wow I didn't know Kerry Rhodes was supposed to hide in a cave and eat rice and rat meat after a loss.[/QUOTE]

That's what he is supposed to do before the game...he is on D!

[IMG]http://justiceleagueunlimited.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;3417757][IMG]http://justiceleagueunlimited.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

He should be the JI mascot. Probably should be on the top of the page. We could also change the name of the site to Players/Coaches Hating Ball.

Veteran
    How cares?

Jets Insider VIP
    How dare that Rhodes for not checking into a monastery and spending his entire week studying the scriptures. After all, his team lost a football game

sounds like something only Joe Benigno would get incensed about

[QUOTE=bleedgreen03;3417659]how is doing an interview and having a twitter account the same as going out partying and drinking alcohol after losing a game in which basically destroyed any realistic chance you had of making the playoffs?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

If you bothered to know what really happened he went to his good friends birthday party. I know you were to blinded by your irrational bashing to care.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Stan Blinka;3416959]I actually agree with you.

His "job" is a GAME that some of us would kill for just to sit the bench and make millions.

[B]I know if it were me, I hate to lose and there is NO WAY I would be out partying after a lose that potentially ended my postseason.[/B]

I guess he has a right to do what he wants but I want football players who are PISSED OFF after a loss and not...heck its just a game or my job.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I'm going to call BS on this.

So Stan, you just played your butt off, you lost, you're crushed. Demoralized. Or maybe not at all.

You shower, you start to change into you expensive street clothes, you strap on $15K of bling, you're 26 years old, you are heading out to your Maserati, you live in the greatest city in the world and you have millions of dollars at your disposal and women throwing themselves at you. You are a NY pro athlete--a true celebrity (whether you Stan like it or not).

And it's Sunday night and you got invited to a smoking party.

Oh yeah, you're 26 with millions in the bank. Did I mention that already?

So let me get this straight, you're going to go have coffee with the boys and head home early? :rolleyes:

Stop.

Remember high school football? Tough loss? What did we all do that night to blow off steam?

We drank what we could and tried to bang whomever we could.

Imagine that with millions and celebrity. In New York City.

Hate him for his play or his attitude or whatever you need to hate him for.

But please don't say you wouldn't have done the EXACT same thing that he did AFTER the game that night.

Because you'd be lying to yourself.

All Pro
    I agree with most people that this is a pretty normal thing to do and we all would do the same. Did it years ago when we were still doing sports or still do it. When people say that Rhodes has a lot on his mind beside of football, fine, but we shouldn't use this party thing to prove it. I think when people critisize him, they all got a fair point because of other stuff that is going on with him. Getting on him for partying is nitpicking. It's always a tricky thing after a loss but what the heck...