Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets 22nd in sacks-what to do?

Hall Of Fame

Jets 22nd in sacks-what to do?

The Jets can collapse a pocket but still can't sack the qb. While 22nd may not sound terrible, I bet the defense ranks high in blitzes.

It's better than last year, at least qbs are feeling the pressure. We need one guy to make the defense scary tough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jerry Hughes :yes:

Jenkins back will help...

[IMG]http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/268319/greg_hardy.jpg[/IMG]

+

Oghobaase

in 2010.

Hall Of Fame
    Agreed, we need that one guy who can singlehandedly derail a drive.

Now that I think about it, that one bonafide pass-rusher helps us in the end of games, where the Jets' defense has let up this season. Bryan Thomas is solid but not spectacular, Pace is inconsistent, and I think Ellis is really solid player, but he does not excel in getting after the QB (not anymore at least). Those are the main guys that will rush the QB, when 8 defenders drop in coverage. That's the next step for this defense, when they can generate pressure with as little as 3 DL, at any moment in the game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3416998]Jenkins back will help...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and those five games will be exciting:rolleyes:

All Pro
    I heard about this monster pass rusher. Someone by the name of Gholst...oh, right. :O

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3417003]Yeah and those five games will be exciting:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Lol that's f*cked up...but probably true.

Draft a beast, and draft a beast DL.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3417007]Lol that's f*cked up...but probably true.

[/QUOTE]

Kris Jenkins = Rick Di Pietro

Banned
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3417003]Yeah and those five games will be exciting:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Think he'll play that many?

ghost being a bust really hurts the team on the field and in the cap. imagine he was like Orakpo? once we get a very good pass rusher is when the defense will be come dominant

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3416992]The Jets can collapse a pocket but still can't sack the qb. While 22nd may not sound terrible, I bet the defense ranks high in blitzes.

It's better than last year, at least qbs are feeling the pressure. We need one guy to make the defense scary tough.[/QUOTE]

draft two defensive ends next year 1-2

Banned
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3417016]draft two defensive ends next year 1-2[/QUOTE]

Jets have that many draft picks left?

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3417010]Kris Jenkins = Rick Di Pietro[/QUOTE]

Or Ben Sheets.

Or whoever fits the profile in soccer.

Or whoever fits that profile in the NBA.

But hey, if timed correctly those 5 games could be the difference in a season!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SenorGato;3417021]Or Ben Sheets.

Or whoever fits the profile in soccer.

Or whoever fits that profile in the NBA.

But hey, if timed correctly those 5 games could be the difference in a season!![/QUOTE]

I would not be opposed to holding him out until Thanksgiving.

I don't even want him looking at the Stadium in pre-season, let alone entering it.

And then on other threads, there is talk of really sticking it to Manning with the fabulous pass rush. Hit him til he cries. Knock Manning down. Teach those Colts a lesson. The Jets don't have a pass rush and Ellis getting older. Bart Scott - well, he's an All Pro - better than Butkus.
    Can anyone actually be realistic here. Good cover guys if the opponent has only one WR. Look what happened with NE. Indy has 4 guys they can put on the field AT THE SAME TIME. No other team in the league can do that. IF they decide to play them.

[QUOTE=SenorGato;3416998]Jenkins back will help...

[IMG]http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/268319/greg_hardy.jpg[/IMG]

+

Oghobaase

in 2010.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the last time you tried to spout off at the mouth like you knew something about pass rushers you suggested how great Gholston was and how crappy Long was. You don't have much credibility.

Fire Pettine and Ryan!!!

I don't think this stat is much of a problem... probably more to do with teams knowing they have to get rid of the ball quick. The fact that we give up the least amount of passing yards is proof enough and hold opposing QBs to 52.7% (NFL best) proves the sack stat is misleading.

1st - total yards
    1st - passing yards
    1st - points against
    1st - comp %
    1st - avg. Yds per pass
    1st - passing TDs

It would be great to have more sacks and we should be getting more turnovers for sure, but can't deny these team defensive stats. People complain about the run defense, although they are 11th in rushing yards per game, the Jets are 4th in Yards per Rush (3.8).

I am disappointed with the season, but I have waited A LONG TIME for the Jets to have a dominating defense like this. I am excited to see what they do in the draft and free agency to make it even better next year!

[QUOTE=southside;3417173]Yeah the last time you tried to spout off at the mouth like you knew something about pass rushers you suggested how great Gholston was and how crappy Long was. You don't have much credibility.[/QUOTE]

LOL zing...

I hope someone doesn't remember the prospects I've missed on.

How would everyone feel about bringing in Shawne Merriman?