Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie QB, rookie coach........

All League

Rookie QB, rookie coach........

Hard to complain we headed in to this year with both rookie QB and Coach..Then we lost Jenkins and Leon a tremendous blow both offensively and defensively , we added a legit #1 receiver late in Edwards and so we stand here 7-7 with a #1 rated defense and a very good ground game. If all the chips fall right hell we may be in the play-offs..Hats off to Rex for holding this thing together and competing in every game, Mark will improve with the experience he gained from this years adversity and the defense will only become tighter..I am proud to be a Jet fan and am looking for a Championship soon..Merry Christmas to all.

Thread of the year

[QUOTE=TampaT;3417130]Thread of the year[/QUOTE]

Gotta luv it :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=TampaT;3417130]Thread of the year[/QUOTE]

I guess you disagree.?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    you forgot rookie crowd....

i agree with you, i feel the same way.

Banned
    I never expected the playoffs this season. This team actually overachieved.

All League
    I agree with the rookie QB logic but even a rookie head coach should know enough not to beg for fan support, weep and be a distracting drama queen.

yep...i hereby resign as hc of the ny jets. bellichicken wrote the book on drama.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;3417220]I agree with the rookie QB logic but even a rookie head coach should know enough not to beg for fan support, weep and be a distracting drama queen.[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3417224]yep...i hereby resign as hc of the ny jets. bellichicken wrote the book on drama.[/QUOTE]

Point taken but BB didn't want to be the understudy puppet of the Tuna. If it weren't for Tuna the Pats fans would be posting asterisks and mocking the Jets 3 Lombardis.:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    The rookie thing was a good excuse back in September or October, maybe even November. But Sanchez and Rex have been at this a while now. After 14 games I'd expect some improvement. It's sad that Sanchez looked best during his first 3 weeks of the season and, if anything, has shown regression.

Why was he more decisive in September? Why does he seem more hesitant and less confident now?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 12-23-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3417215]I never expected the playoffs this season. This team actually overachieved.[/QUOTE]

Agree. All I wanted to see this season was if Ryan was really a great defensive mind or if it was the talent on Baltimore's talent, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc., and then if Sanchez flashed some signs of big time talent, which he did.

1) Congrats on the retirement (don't know how late I am, but still...)
    2) I actually think the team underachieved. I believe I posted here that I thought they'd go 10-6 before the season started, and once we went 3-1, I thought we'd go 11-5.
    3) Regardless, I think we're all set for some great things in the future. I agree with your post.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3417236]The rookie thing was a good excuse back in September or October, maybe even November. But Sanchez and Rex have been at this a while now. After 14 games I'd expect some improvement. It's sad that Sanchez looked best during his first 3 weeks of the season and, if anything, has shown regression.

Why was he more decisive in September? Why does he seem more hesitant and less confident now?[/QUOTE]

very good post!
    rex has done fine. There is a TON of talent on this team on both sides of the ball. Thanks Tannenbaum. Sanchez did not improve one bit from week #4 to now. That is our achillies heal, plain & simple. Thanks Schotty.:yes:

[QUOTE=Baddniss;3417250]very good post!
    rex has done fine. There is a TON of talent on this team on both sides of the ball. Thanks Tannenbaum. [B]Sanchez did not improve one bit from week #4 to now. That is our achillies heal, plain & simple. Thanks Schotty.[/B]:yes:[/QUOTE]

The question is WHY? :yes:

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3417236]The rookie thing was a good excuse back in September or October, maybe even November. But Sanchez and Rex have been at this a while now. After 14 games I'd expect some improvement. It's sad that Sanchez looked best during his first 3 weeks of the season and, if anything, has shown regression.

Why was he more decisive in September? Why does he seem more hesitant and less confident now?[/QUOTE]

Good points but I wouldn't say he hasn't improved or anything. He definitely has. Just nothing that jumps out so much since he is still making bad decisions. During the first couple games, it was easier since there was no film on him and just starting new and fresh. If anything that shows us what he can be once things just slow down and he can have an offseason to reflect on this.

Maybe he did hit the rookie wall but that's normal, especially for Sanchez that only has 1 year start in college. Things right now are non stop and it's all new to him.

A lot of this is just adjusting, and trying to change his instincts and that's tough to change over night.

Banned
    I love the draft pick of Mark Sanchez, this kid has the talent, potential and ability to become our Franchise QB for many of years to come. We have a young talent in Mark Sanchez, a talent that the Jets front office can not only build our Offense around, but actually build our team around for years to come.

As long as Sanchez can stay healthy, Jet fans won't have to worry about which QB we need to trade up for during the draft anymore, we have that player in Mark Sanchez; our Franchise QB of the future as well as the present.

I always try and keep in mind, that Mark Sanchez left college a year early, after only having one year of starting experience for USC under Pete Carroll. Mark Sanchez has been learning on the fly, as a raw rookie, who's been gaining playing time and NFL starting experience with each and every game that goes by. Yes, Mark Sanchez has made plenty of mistakes; thats only expected out of rookie QB's though. At the same time, he's had plenty of solid games and has also made a boat lad of plays thats been nothing but impressive. Sanchez has also shown the ability and mental toughness to bounce back from a bad play, on the next play. Bounce back from a bad series, on the next series. Bounce back from a bad half, during the 2nd half. And most importantly...He's shown the ability to bounce back from a horrid game, during his next game for the Jets this year; as a rookie.

I already cant wait for 2010, once Mark Sanchez has a full offseason of learning the playbook/X's and O's of the game. Gaining another training camp to work behind our O-Line, work with players such as Edwards, Cotchery and Keller, along with our backfield of Jones-Greene and maybe even Leon Washington. Another preseason to get ready for the season...Already cant wait.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;3417271]Good points but I wouldn't say he hasn't improved or anything. He definitely has. Just nothing that jumps out so much since he is still making bad decisions. During the first couple games, it was easier since there was no film on him and just starting new and fresh. If anything that shows us what he can be once things just slow down and he can have an offseason to reflect on this.

Maybe he did hit the rookie wall but that's normal, especially for Sanchez that only has 1 year start in college. Things right now are non stop and it's all new to him.

A lot of this is just adjusting, and trying to change his instincts and that's tough to change over night.[/QUOTE]

+1....Looking back i think the 3-0 start really skewed many Jets fans thoughts on the season.....

I wonder also if the argument that he came to a good team instead of coming onto a last place or bottom tier club so he should have done better is correct....

Not much pressure when you come to a team who no one expects to contend and you can just let them play and learn and not be under such scrutiny or expectations....

Sanchez comes to a good team, starts 3-0 and everyone is talking playoffs and some even SB.....Lots of extra pressure on a kid with just 1 college season under his belt playing in the glare of the New York spotlight......

Way to early to tell but i would bet he turns out to be at least a good QB in this league....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;3417220]I agree with the rookie QB logic but even a rookie head coach should know enough not to beg for fan support, weep and be a distracting drama queen.[/QUOTE]

i don't view it that way

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;3417325]+1....[B]Looking back i think the 3-0 start really skewed many Jets fans thoughts on the season.....[/B]

I wonder also if the argument that he came to a good team instead of coming onto a last place or bottom tier club so he should have done better is correct....

Not much pressure when you come to a team who no one expects to contend and you can just let them play and learn and not be under such scrutiny or expectations....

Sanchez comes to a good team, starts 3-0 and everyone is talking playoffs and some even SB.....Lots of extra pressure on a kid with just 1 college season under his belt playing in the glare of the New York spotlight......

Way to early to tell but i would bet he turns out to be at least a good QB in this league....[/QUOTE]

this is the part that baffles me...how long have these fans been watching football? 3-0 doesn't say much..not a sprint it's a marathon