Thread: Bowl Discussion

Bowl Discussion

Anybody catch the Utah-Cal game last night?

Utah S Robert Johnson played like a stud. A pair of huge hits and an INT...showed great instincts, ball skills, and can lay the wood. Not the first time I watched Utah and came away really impressed by Johnson.

Cal DE Tyson Alualu would be a good mid-round 3-4 DE for the Jets. He's not the greatest athlete, but he's got good upper body strength, plays with pretty good leverage, and his hands are violent. He could provide valuable depth for the Jets along the DL.

Utah OLB Stephenson Sylvester was also really active. Sound tackler, just a really solid football player. I see he's been injured a lot though so aybe worth a late pick for a 4-3 team.
    Last edited by gangGREENinsider; 12-24-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

top blocking tight end in the nation, Steve Maneri of Temple, on TV right now...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3425449]top blocking tight end in the nation, Steve Maneri of Temple, on TV right now...[/QUOTE]

The boys from my alma matter are thrilled to be playing against UCLA. Maneri had a nice catch/run for a TD to start the game as well.

You really think he's the best in the nation? I never thought I'd see the day that a Temple player was considered the best at anything...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3425461]The boys from my alma matter are thrilled to be playing against UCLA. Maneri had a nice catch/run for a TD to start the game as well.

You really think he's the best in the nation? I never thought I'd see the day that a Temple player was considered the best at anything...[/QUOTE]

Temple will win the MAC next year...the talent behind the senior class is terrific and Golden is a great coach- great coach...

btw- also like the MLB Joseph a lot as well as a 3-4 run stuffer....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3425475]Temple will win the MAC next year...the talent behind the senior class is terrific and Golden is a great coach- great coach...

btw- also like the MLB Joseph a lot as well as a 3-4 run stuffer....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Golden is the real deal. He won't be around long after this year.

I think he's waiting for the Penn St. job to open up or for something else very attractive to come along. He snubbed Cincy and I think that was the right choice for him.

I also like the DE Adrian Robinson, he's just a soph.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;3425490]Yeah, Golden is the real deal. He won't be around long after this year.

I think he's waiting for the Penn St. job to open up or for something else very attractive to come along. He snubbed Cincy and I think that was the right choice for him.

I also like the DE Adrian Robinson, he's just a soph.[/QUOTE]

Golden told people Cincy was a "lateral" job from Temple....pretty heady stuff...

Patrick Robinson just caught Noel Devine from behind. No joke.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3428967]Patrick Robinson just caught Noel Devine from behind. No joke.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just posted in the CBs thread. Holy sh!t is that guy fast.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3425475]Temple will win the MAC next year...the talent behind the senior class is terrific and Golden is a great coach- great coach...

btw- also like the MLB Joseph a lot as well as a 3-4 run stuffer....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Temple will be good once again. With LeFevour finally graduating and Butch Jones leaving, maybe Central's dominance of the league will finally end. I also think Ohio will be a contender again. It returns a lot of depth on the Off and Def lines. The only question will be at QB but if Boo Jackson gets a medical redshirt, the Bobcats will be very experienced there.