Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vick Wins Courage Award

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Vick Wins Courage Award

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4767825"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4767825[/URL]

[QUOTE]PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick's peers appreciate his tough journey back to the NFL.

Vick won the Ed Block Courage Award, voted on by his teammates on the Philadelphia Eagles, after the once-disgraced star quarterback returned to the league after spending 18 months in a federal prison for his role in a dogfighting ring.

[B]"It means a great deal to me," Vick said Wednesday. "I was voted unanimously by my teammates. They know what I've been through. I've been through a lot.[/B] It's been great to come back and have an opportunity to play and be with a great group of guys. I'm just ecstatic about that and I enjoy every day."
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    The Ed Block Award honors players who exemplify commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage. Each of the 32 NFL teams selects a recipient.

[B]"I've overcome a lot, more than probably one single individual can handle or bear," Vick said.[/B] "You ask certain people to walk through my shoes, they probably couldn't do. Probably 95 percent of the people in this world because nobody had to endure what I've been through, situations I've been put in, situations I put myself in and decisions I have made, whether they have been good or bad.
    [/QUOTE]

Unbelievable...very poor choice IMO. I wonder how DeSean Jackson feels, who dedicated this season to his late father, who passed away right before training camp.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    from a post I read on another forum..

Next the Eagles will vote Tiger Woods huband of the year!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team is a reflection of the city,[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]FILTHADELPHIA[/B][/COLOR] DOES IT AGAIN, the city is along with Camden NJ are the A-hole of the universe I'm sure Vincenzo Testaverde will be here momentarily defending their actions
    Last edited by acepepe; 12-24-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    only in Philly would they give that award to Michael Vick. I have nothing against Vick, but i just dont see what he did to win this award.. what, go speak at a few gatherings about not fighting dogs?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy did 2 friggin years in jail for killing a dog, he deserves the award.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;3418071]The guy did 2 friggin years in jail for killing a dog, he deserves the award.[/QUOTE]

a dog or hundreds of dogs? While gambling illegally and I'm sure buying loads and loads of illegal drugs to consume with all of his buddies. I'm sure he didn't claim his gambling winnings either so that is tax evasion and fraud as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me it sends the wrong precident, but whatever....

He shouldn't get rewarded for 'overcoming' a felony.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SuidAkrA;3418093]a dog or hundreds of dogs? While gambling illegally and I'm sure buying loads and loads of illegal drugs to consume with all of his buddies. I'm sure he didn't claim his gambling winnings either so that is tax evasion and fraud as well.[/QUOTE]

So now because a guy is convicted of one crime, you can spit out how he must have committed several other felonies? Get off your high horse you have no right to accuse him of anything

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, he's been through a lot. But not as much as this guy:

[url]http://media.photobucket.com/image/electrocuted%20dogs/arabia/dogfighting2.jpg[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTJetFan92;3418102]So now because a guy is convicted of one crime, you can spit out how he must have committed several other felonies? Get off your high horse you have no right to accuse him of anything[/QUOTE]

I have every right to accuse him of anything I want. Last I checked this was America and Vick was no some sort of dictator. So I have to right to say whatever I want within the rules of this privately owned website. ;)

A guy breaks into a house and kills 3 people and robs the place. Pleads guilty to 3 counts of murder in the second and gets 25-life or ever life without parole. Judging by your logic if he got out in 50 years I would not have the right to call him a burglar and a robber and suggest he was probably addicted to drugs because he was only convicted for murder? Dude fought dogs/killed dogs. This isn't something people do for the love of the sport. People bet on it. People don't do this activity sober. I don't see the problem with stating that those things more than likely occurred.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Donte Stallworth will be the 2010 winner.

I love it when events reinforce everything I think about people and the world.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing wrong with Vick winning this award. Witch hunt is over fellas. Let it go. He went to jail for 2 years and deservedly so. Seems like the Eagles UNANIMOUSLY disagree with the original posters opinion. so i dont see anything wrong with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy had the courage to continue to torture those dogs, even after they growled and yelped in pain. Couldn't think of a more deserving guy.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Street trash voted for street trash. Surprise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;3418184]nothing wrong with Vick winning this award. Witch hunt is over fellas. Let it go. He went to jail for 2 years and deservedly so. Seems like the Eagles UNANIMOUSLY disagree with the original posters opinion. so i dont see anything wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

So if a serial rapist gets out of jail and we should all be supportive of him because he served his time? :confused:

Jail time is a punishment, it doesn't absolve you of anything. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3418212]So if a serial rapist gets out of jail and we should all be supportive of him because he served his time? :confused:

Jail time is a punishment, it doesn't absolve you of anything. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

if he serves his time and shows true remorse for his actions, what else can you possibly do about it? NOTHING. Its over, time served, he showed his remorse, Time to move on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;3418235]if he serves his time and shows true remorse for his actions, what else can you possibly do about it? NOTHING. Its over, time served, he showed his remorse, Time to move on.[/QUOTE]

What has he done besides court-ordered community service as part of parole? The sad part is him and his teammates consider him the victim here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3418236]What has he done besides court-ordered community service as part of parole? The sad part is him and his teammates consider him the victim here.[/QUOTE]

He has shown remorse for his actions. Im not sure what else you want him to do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;3418238]He has shown remorse for his actions. Im not sure what else you want him to do.[/QUOTE]

I want him to go back in time and not murder defenseless animals for money and entertainment. If he can't do that, he'll just have to deal with me and some other people questioning his integrity for the rest of his life.

Oh and him dealing with that does not make him courageous in any sense of the word.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3418242]I want him to go back in time and not murder defenseless animals for money and entertainment. If he can't do that, he'll just have to deal with me and some other people questioning his integrity for the rest of his life.

Oh and him dealing with that does not make him courageous in any sense of the word.[/QUOTE]

Ill be sure to deliver that message to him right away, Emporer ;)