Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feast of the Seven Fishes? Anyone?

Hall Of Fame

Feast of the Seven Fishes? Anyone?

I making grilled shrimp with shallots, white wine, thyme and fresh lime juice.

Plus stuffed mushroom caps--prepping now.

Anyone else partake in the Christmas Eve tradition?

Fish on Christmas?

Pretty pumped for my Chinese takeout tomorrow.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3417946]I making grilled shrimp with shallots, white wine, thyme and fresh lime juice.

Plus stuffed mushroom caps--prepping now.

Anyone else partake in the Christmas Eve tradition?[/QUOTE]

Not this year............

I made eggplant parm and was thinking about you and Borgo for those sauce recipes posted a while back. Short on time, I bought sauce from a local Italian joint (owners from Bayonne).

They DO NOT sell their sauce, but we are both JET fans so he made an exception. TRUE story. I said, we're both JET fans, please make an exception.
    He said, OK.

Enjoy the holidays.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3417955]Fish on Christmas?[/QUOTE]

No.

Christmas EVE.

It's basically an Italian American family tradition. Friends in Nutely have been doing for ages, about 60 people show up--pretty much Feast of the Forty Nine Fishes now. :D

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_seven_fishes[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3417960]Not this year............

I made eggplant parm and was thinking about you and Borgo for those sauce recipes posted a while back. Short on time, I bought sauce from a local Italian joint (owners from Bayonne).

They DO NOT sell their sauce, but we are both JET fans so he made an exception. TRUE story. I said, we're both JET fans, please make an exception.
    He said, OK.

Enjoy the holidays.[/QUOTE]

No time to make a sugo today--takes hours.

You COULD have made it yesterday!! :D

[QUOTE=JStokes;3417964]No time to make a sugo today--takes hours.

You COULD have made it yesterday!! :D[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that far ahead. . BUT I will PM you for that recipe in the next weeks/months.

Great Holidays to you.

I don't celebrate the solstices. Haven't since I was a wee lad.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Crab and Scallop stuffed lobster tails....Pan Seared Shrimp with garic white wine and red pepper flake and butter....artichoke stuffed Mushrooms and Fried Calamri with spicy marinara....all homemade....recipes will be on my blog soon after the holidays...

Jets Insider VIP
    My wife's family used to make baccala; one year I made scallops. Not so much anymore...

Bouno Natale Stokesy (did I get that right?)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=quantum;3418014]My wife's family used to make baccala; one year I made scallops. Not so much anymore...

[B]Bouno[/B] Natale Stokesy (did I get that right?)[/QUOTE]

Transposed "o" and "u", but close enough!!:D

Merry Christmas!!

BTW, I can only curse in Italian :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3418009]Crab and Scallop stuffed lobster tails....[B]Pan Seared Shrimp with garic white wine and red pepper flake and butter[/B]....artichoke stuffed Mushrooms and Fried Calamri with spicy marinara....all homemade....recipes will be on my blog soon after the holidays...[/QUOTE]

THAT'S what I'm talking about.

We need to hear from Borgo.

He is, respectfully, the MAN when it comes to JI cooking :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Sloppy Joes, Genny Light, 4 shots of whiskey and "The Hangover" on Blu-Ray...

...just like in the bible! :P

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3418037]Sloppy Joes, Genny Light, 4 shots of whiskey and "The Hangover" on Blu-Ray...

...just like in the bible! :P[/QUOTE]

The fact that you don't beleive in God is your business. But it seems like you like to make it public very often. So if what you are looking for is some sort of attentiion then here it is. "You are cool man!"

Feel better? Now GFY.

And Merry Christmas!

[QUOTE=Sparky24;3418057]The fact that you don't beleive in God is your business. But it seems like you like to make it public very often. So if what you are looking for is some sort of attentiion then here it is. "You are cool man!"

Feel better? Now GFY.

And Merry Christmas![/QUOTE]

What does believing in God have to do with Christmas?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Sparky24;3418057]The fact that you don't beleive in God is your business. But it seems like you like to make it public very often. So if what you are looking for is some sort of attentiion then here it is. "You are cool man!"

Feel better? Now GFY.

And Merry Christmas![/QUOTE]

It was a joke, bro...

:rolleyes:

...because there was no sloppy joes or Blu-Ray players around two thousand years ago, doncha know?

Merry Saturnalia :P
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 12-24-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Xmas Spirit

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

:D[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3418090]It was a joke, bro...

:rolleyes:

...because there was no sloppy joes or Blu-Ray players around two thousand and forty two years ago, doncha know?

Besides, people are pretty vocal about their belief in god...nobody here gets catches any flak for saying "God Bless" or asking for mention in prayers when dealing with difficult times in life. Why you gotta be all "hard" and sh*t, dawg?

Shove off......and Merry Saturnalia :P[/QUOTE]

You do Saturnalia also? Do you rejoice in the misfotunes of others whilist eating rumcake? Did you also pledge to eat only critter with exoskeletons during the feast period? Soon I will complete my conversion upon my baptism in the pool of lemon lime jello. Plumber I look forward to our annual meeting this year at the Malibu Grand Prix and waterslides in june.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BURGERMIKE;3418098]Soon I will complete my conversion upon my baptism in the pool of lemon lime jello.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure to follow the rules.........you'll need to being even numbers of college females with you.

[QUOTE=JStokes;3418032]THAT'S what I'm talking about.

We need to hear from Borgo.

He is, respectfully, the MAN when it comes to JI cooking :yes:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I know you, and many others on this board--except BURGERMIKE :D--can cook circles around me.

I'm from a mountain town in Italy, so other than baccalà (which we call [I]merluso[/I]) and [I]pesci macaci[/I] (sp?) or fried smelts, I didn't grow up with too much fish on Christmas Eve. Tonight, I made shrimp in a sage cream sauce, saffron rice, haricot vert sauteed in olive oil, shallots and garlic (and a little chopped thyme), and a traditional focaccia from my region, which has rosemary and coarse salt on top. Dessert is a dark chocolate cake with ice cream. Wine is Stokes' fav as well as one of mine, Côtes du Rhône.

No matter what you are eating this evening, I hope you are sharing it with people you love. Have a great Christmas, everyone. Much health & happiness to you all in 2010.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;3418113]Thanks for your kind words, my friend. I know you, and many others on this board--except BURGERMIKE :D--can cook circles around me.

I'm from a mountain town in Italy, so other than baccalà (which we call [I]merluso[/I]) and [I]pesci macaci[/I] (sp?) or fried smelts, I didn't grow up with too much fish on Christmas Eve. Tonight, I made shrimp in a sage cream sauce, saffron rice, haricot vert sauteed in olive oil, shallots and garlic (and a little chopped thyme), and a traditional focaccia from my region, which has rosemary and coarse salt on top. Dessert is a dark chocolate cake with ice cream. Wine is Stokes' fav as well as one of mine, Côtes du Rhône.

No matter what you are eating this evening, I hope you are sharing it with people you love. Have a great Christmas, everyone. Much health & happiness to you all in 2010.[/QUOTE]

I worked in an Italian deli in high school and we sold Baccala every Christmas.

The left over Baccala after Christmas was soaked in water and we made Baccala parmigiana for lunch as a hero sandwich.

99 cents and they wouldn't sell very well.

Merry to all.