Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another attempted TERRORIST ATTACK on THE USA

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Another attempted TERRORIST ATTACK on THE USA

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/26/airliner.firecrackers/index.html[/url]

But we'll show Europe that we've changed- KSM will go on trial in CIVILIAN court in NYC. If this latest attempt doesn't stop this farce, nothing will. Enjoy Hawaii, B Hussein....though we know you weren't born there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No according to President Obama, it's an enemy combatant attack.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sending my wife & kid from the UWS to my folks place on LI if that trial comes here...btw our "deadline" for Iran is up in 5 days- can't wait to see what the repercussions will be, Ahmadinejad has already told him to f*ck off- "engagement" has worked like a charm, O.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3418391][url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/26/airliner.firecrackers/index.html[/url]

But we'll show Europe that we've changed- KSM will go on trial in CIVILIAN court in NYC. If this latest attempt doesn't stop this farce, nothing will. Enjoy Hawaii, B Hussein....though we know you weren't born there.[/QUOTE]

Another terrorists attack!! Foiled by................

[B][SIZE="5"]A BLANKET!!![/SIZE][/B]
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 12-26-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3418391][url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/26/airliner.firecrackers/index.html[/url]

But we'll show Europe that we've changed- KSM will go on trial in CIVILIAN court in NYC. If this latest attempt doesn't stop this farce, nothing will. Enjoy Hawaii, B Hussein....though we know you weren't born there.[/QUOTE]

If you had any idea of what a babbling dufus you sound like, you'd wince.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3418405]If you had any idea of what a babbling dufus you sound like, you'd wince.[/QUOTE]

You can find THE babbling dufus at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3418432]You can find THE babbling dufus at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue[/QUOTE]

IBTL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;3418432]You can find THE babbling dufus at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue[/QUOTE]

I don't know how he's going to do, he's only been in a year. Regardless, republicans shooting off their mouths, after electing a president who started several losing wars and put the country in a depression, look like like complete fools. It would be like Gholston calling a press conference to say the defensive unit sucks - that stupid.

Don't people get embarrassed anymore?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup I do find it very crazy. The last two presidents Bush and Obama have done not one thing to prevent any of this stuff. We all know how hard we got hit under Bush's watch and now the same crap with Obama. Bush tries to be tough and that doesnt work. Obama tries to be nice and looks like that doesnt work either. We need better leaders, its simple as that. Neither method has worked. While I am willing to see what happens with Obama things are not looking promising. Can we afford another 4 or 8 years of a Bush like president in Obama that gets nothing done?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;3418442]Yup I do find it very crazy. The last two presidents Bush and Obama have done not one thing to prevent any of this stuff. We all know how hard we got hit under Bush's watch and now the same crap with Obama. Bush tries to be tough and that doesnt work. Obama tries to be nice and looks like that doesnt work either. We need better leaders, its simple as that. Neither method has worked. While I am willing to see what happens with Obama things are not looking promising. Can we afford another 4 or 8 years of a Bush like president in Obama that gets nothing done?[/QUOTE]

Bush actually tried, the whole 80 IQ thing got in the way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid_(shoe_bomber[/url])

Eerily similar...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about just checking all arab non-citizens coming into the country? Oh wait, we might hurt their feelings.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You know any valid complaints you have against Obama's policies and agenda go out the window when you claim that he wasn't born in the U.S.

The far right does not help it's cause when you guys keep bringing this up.Like the tea parties which bring up valid points about govt spending go out the window when a select few bring signs comparing Obama to Hitler and Stalin and make racial signs as well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

and the next idiot to be added to my racist list is...........ding, ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... yayyyy!!!! IBTL too !!!!!!!!!!! ...

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3418439]I don't know how he's going to do, he's only been in a year. Regardless, republicans shooting off their mouths, after electing a president who started several losing wars and[B][COLOR="DarkRed"] put the country in a depression, [/COLOR][/B]look like like complete fools. It would be like Gholston calling a press conference to say the defensive unit sucks - that stupid.

Don't people get embarrassed anymore?[/QUOTE]

Look up the community reinvestment act then tell me how GWB was involved. I'll be waiting for your answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;3418467]Look up the community reinvestment act then tell me how GWB was involved. I'll be waiting for your answer.[/QUOTE]

CRA was enacted in 1977. The sub-prime lending at the heart of the current crisis exploded a full quarter century later. In the mid-1990s, new CRA regulations and a wave of mergers led to a flurry of CRA activity, but, as noted by the New America Foundation's Ellen Seidman (and by Harvard's Joint Center), that activity "largely came to an end by 2001." In late 2004, the Bush administration announced plans to sharply weaken CRA regulations, pulling small and mid-sized banks out from under the law's toughest standards. Yet sub-prime lending continued, and even intensified -- at the very time when activity under CRA had slowed and the law had weakened.

Second, it is hard to blame CRA for the mortgage meltdown when CRA doesn't even apply to most of the loans that are behind it. As the University of Michigan's Michael Barr points out, half of sub-prime loans came from those mortgage companies beyond the reach of CRA. A further 25 to 30 percent came from bank subsidiaries and affiliates, which come under CRA to varying degrees but not as fully as banks themselves. (With affiliates, banks can choose whether to count the loans.) Perhaps one in four sub-prime loans were made by the institutions fully governed by CRA.

Most important, the lenders subject to CRA have engaged in less, not more, of the most dangerous lending. Janet Yellen, president of the San Francisco Federal Reserve, offers the killer statistic: Independent mortgage companies, which are not covered by CRA, made high-priced loans at more than twice the rate of the banks and thrifts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calling terrorists "enemy combatants" is most likely illegal given that the US govt has not issued a declaration of war against Al Qaeda or any other terrorist organization. Therefor trying captured terrorists in military court isn't really a legitimate option.

European countries have been dealing with terror groups (IRA, Red Brigade, EOKA, ETA, Baader-Meinhof Gang, etc and so on) for decades and none of those captured were ever tried by military courts. Terrorism against civilian targets is a civilian crime and has always been tried in a criminal court since military tribunals would only offer the terrorists a level of equality as opposing miltary factions and legitimacy as political movements.

To think that Al Qaeda is going to launch some huge attack against NY because of any trial of its members is both stupid and wrong. These guys simply lack the facility to do such. Here's an analogy for you...anyone remember that Bugs Bunny cartoon where Daffy Duck blows himself up and Bugs says "hey that's some trick!" and Daffy replies "yeah but I can only do it ONCE!". Well, that's what 9/11 was. It took Al Qaeda years to pull that one off and in the 9 years since then they haven't managed anything even close to that scale. When their members are captured they basically write those guys off since they had expected them to be killed in the first place. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall any assault on Guantanamo by Al Qaeda trying to spring their "brothers" or even an attack anywhere where they said "we'll blow you up if you don't let our guys go".

If Tyler wants to hide his family on LI then he's saying "You guys win. You're terrorizing me." Goal accomplished.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was anyone actually killed in this act of terrorism?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3418483]CRA was enacted in 1977. The sub-prime lending at the heart of the current crisis exploded a full quarter century later. In the mid-1990s, new CRA regulations and a wave of mergers led to a flurry of CRA activity, but, as noted by the[COLOR="Red"][B] New America Foundation's Ellen Seidman (and by Harvard's Joint Center)[/B][/COLOR], that activity "largely came to an end by 2001." In late 2004, the Bush administration announced plans to sharply weaken CRA regulations, pulling small and mid-sized banks out from under the law's toughest standards. Yet sub-prime lending continued, and even intensified -- at the very time when activity under CRA had slowed and the law had weakened.

Second, it is hard to blame CRA for the mortgage meltdown when CRA doesn't even apply to most of the loans that are behind it. As the University of Michigan's Michael Barr points out, half of sub-prime loans came from those mortgage companies beyond the reach of CRA. A further 25 to 30 percent came from bank subsidiaries and affiliates, which come under CRA to varying degrees but not as fully as banks themselves. (With affiliates, banks can choose whether to count the loans.) Perhaps one in four sub-prime loans were made by the institutions fully governed by CRA.

Most important, the lenders subject to CRA have engaged in less, not more, of the most dangerous lending. Janet Yellen, president of the San Francisco Federal Reserve, offers the killer statistic: Independent mortgage companies, which are not covered by CRA, made high-priced loans at more than twice the rate of the banks and thrifts.[/QUOTE]

Find credible sources and get back to me.How about Chris (Sweetheart countrywide morgage) Dodd or Barney ("Fhannny Mae ith strong and tholvent" Frank