Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could the Jets be playing for the 6th seed of the AFC playoffs tomorrow @ 4:00?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Could the Jets be playing for the 6th seed of the AFC playoffs tomorrow @ 4:00?

If the Jaguars lose to the Patriots, the Ravens lose to the Steelers and the Dolphins lose to the Texans tomorrow @ 1:00, would the Jets be playing for the 6th seed against the Colts @ 4:00 tomorrow?

Also... What if all of the above were to happen, and @ 4:00 the Broncos lost to the Eagles, would that put the Jets as the 5th seed?

All in all... I still cant find myself being pumped up for this Jets-Colts game because of the tough loss last week against another team we should have, could have, but just didn't win. That loss really took alot out of me as a Jets fan but I have a strong feeling I would be able to get excited for tomorro's game if the Jets were actually playing for a Wild Card spot before the game goes under way.

With all that said...A) How could the Jets be playign for a playoff spot @ 4:00? Do the Jags, Dolphins and Ravens all need to lose @ 1:00, or just two of those three teams?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoiler:

We lose.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just stick a fork in it already.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Patrollie View Post
    Just stick a fork in it already.
    It sucks, but it looks like Jet fans such as myself will be pulling for the Patriots to beat the Jaguars tomorrow. In my eyes, I'll be pulling for a Jaguars loss, not a Patriots W.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    It sucks, but it looks like Jet fans such as myself will be pulling for the Patriots to beat the Jaguars tomorrow. In my eyes, I'll be pulling for a Jaguars loss, not a Patriots W.
    hey, I thought you lost another avatar bet this week?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes,
    If the Jets WIN, and MIA loses to HOU, BAL loses to PIT, JAX loses to NE, then we hold the 6th seed, and If DEN loses to PHL we hold the 5th seed. and we can maintain those seedings with a WIN the following week.

WIN OUT and KEEP YOUR ****ING FINGERS CROSSED.

We have a better chance of surviving 2012 than all of that happening.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the scenario if MIA and JAX lose but BAL wins and DEN loses? Are we the 6 then?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarrett=all<3 View Post
    What is the scenario if MIA and JAX lose but BAL wins and DEN loses? Are we the 6 then?
    i believe we have the tiebreaker against denver so if we win then yes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    i believe we have the tiebreaker against denver so if we win then yes
    TO control our own destiny we need to first, win out, then hope JAX and MIA lose because they own tiebreakers against us. Then we need either DEN or BAL to lose and we get into the playoffs. If we would have won last week, we'd be controlling our destiny right now.

So, to answer the original question. We can control our own destiny playing tomorrow @ 4pm.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need Miami to lose one of their last 2 games and 2/3 of Jags,Broncos,Ravens to lose on of their last 2 games. Even if Jags win we get in if Broncos,Ravens,Miami lose once.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    TO control our own destiny we need to first, win out, then hope JAX and MIA lose because they own tiebreakers against us. Then we need either DEN or BAL to lose and we get into the playoffs. If we would have won last week, we'd be controlling our destiny right now.

So, to answer the original question. We can control our own destiny playing tomorrow @ 4pm.
    NO we could still get in if Jags win as long as Miami,Broncos,Ravens lose once. We have the tiebreaker vs Broncos and Ravens so we need to get in only one slot. There's also the less likely Chiefs beating the Bengals or Broncos which would could help us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by avi31884 View Post
    NO we could still get in if Jags win as long as Miami,Broncos,Ravens lose once. We have the tiebreaker vs Broncos and Ravens so we need to get in only one slot. There's also the less likely Chiefs beating the Bengals or Broncos which would could help us.
    Im pretty sure the Jags are done. They wont beat NE tomorrow up in NE. Especially since the Pats can clinch the division with a win.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    Im pretty sure the Jags are done. They wont beat NE tomorrow up in NE. Especially since the Pats can clinch the division with a win.
    I know but the all the newspapers has it as Miami and Jags need to lose and either Broncos or Ravens when really the only team we need to lose once is Miami. Any other team can win out as long as the other games go our way.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by avi31884 View Post
    I know but the all the newspapers has it as Miami and Jags need to lose and either Broncos or Ravens when really the only team we need to lose once is Miami. Any other team can win out as long as the other games go our way.
    Im thinking if we win out, our best chance is that MIA loses to either HOU or PIT. JAX loses tomorrow. Either BAL loses tomorrow to PIT, or DEN loses to PHI.

Thats the most likely scenario. I just want a chance at the playoffs. We'll probably go up against the Pats or Cin. It'll be a good experience for the core.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    knock yourself out
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...rrentstandings

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hear, hear!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If the Jaguars lose to the Patriots, the Ravens lose to the Steelers and the Dolphins lose to the Texans tomorrow @ 1:00, would the Jets be playing for the 6th seed against the Colts @ 4:00 tomorrow?

Also... What if all of the above were to happen, and @ 4:00 the Broncos lost to the Eagles, would that put the Jets as the 5th seed?

All in all... I still cant find myself being pumped up for this Jets-Colts game because of the tough loss last week against another team we should have, could have, but just didn't win. That loss really took alot out of me as a Jets fan but I have a strong feeling I would be able to get excited for tomorro's game if the Jets were actually playing for a Wild Card spot before the game goes under way.

With all that said...A) How could the Jets be playign for a playoff spot @ 4:00? Do the Jags, Dolphins and Ravens all need to lose @ 1:00, or just two of those three teams?
    the JETS will make their fans proud to wear green & white today..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would any Jets fan want that scenario to play out?

If that happens, all it means is the Jets would then be embarrassed once again in Foxboro next weekend in the opening round of the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

If that happens, all it means is the Jets would then be embarrassed once again in Foxboro next weekend in the opening round of the playoffs.

The way your gums flap (or keyboard) you would think that the **** ass team you root for swept the Jets; where in actuality it is the Jets actually took the last 2 of 3 games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

We may be the SOJ, BUT those are ghosts of football past in Foxboro.

NOBODY is afraid of the Patriots*, besides, it's so cold, the cameras will get jammed up.