Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *IF* we beat Cinn, how to stop Welker?

*IF* we beat Cinn, how to stop Welker?

my suggestion: Let Revis guard him until the 30, then have him switch over to Moss. Give Lito Moss and safety help on the deep balls for the other 70 yards.

logic: no one else can guard welker has shown by the last game, Welker doesn't score that many tds. Moss hasn't been catching a ton of balls recently but still a big TD threat. So roll Revis over to him if the Pats reach the 30. unorthodox, but might work.

Thoughts?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Keep him on the bench with the rest of the Pats* offense.

turn off the tv since we would not play the pats*. we would play the Bengals again.

yeah just read how we play the bengels again it seems

still an interesting problem we might face down the road, how the f8ck to stop welker?

Yeah I'm pretty sure the only way we could end up playing the Pats again is if it's in the AFC Championship game

Quote Originally Posted by shu4040 View Post
    still an interesting problem we might face down the road, how the f8ck to stop welker?
    How about the Jets get to this point first? Just a thought before spending a second today worrying about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    my suggestion: Let Revis guard him until the 30, then have him switch over to Moss. Give Lito Moss and safety help on the deep balls for the other 70 yards.

logic: no one else can guard welker has shown by the last game, Welker doesn't score that many tds. Moss hasn't been catching a ton of balls recently but still a big TD threat. So roll Revis over to him if the Pats reach the 30. unorthodox, but might work.

Thoughts?
    Easy.

Considering that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY the Jets play the Pats in the Wildcard Round of the playoffs.

Thoughts?
    Jam him, Jam him, and then Jam him some more. You can not stop him. No-one has. You can only hope to prevent him from beating you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStop View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the only way we could end up playing the Pats again is if it's in the AFC Championship game
    Yeah, if we beat the Bengals in the Wild card round we would have to make the trip to San Diego.

On playoffstatus.com it says there is a less than 1% chance the Jets end up in the 6th seed. Not sure how it happens exactly, probably a Jet loss, Raven win and all other teams in contention for that spot losing or something.

IOW, it's not gonna happen. We won't be seeing the Pats again.

Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    Yeah, if we beat the Bengals in the Wild card round we would have to make the trip to San Diego.
    I know im insane to be even writing this, but SD is our best matchup in the playoffs.....One main WR for revis to cover, great TE that needs safety coverage which E Smith happens to do well, and no running game. Plus their D is not very good against the run and their coach is Norv Turner.....

Just saying....

Hall Of Fame
    If we have the problem of trying to stop Welker then it means we are playing the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. Where do I sign up for that deal?

Veteran
    This problem would be solved if Rhodes didn't suck.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I know im insane to be even writing this, but SD is our best matchup in the playoffs.....One main WR for revis to cover, great TE that needs safety coverage which E Smith happens to do well, and no running game. Plus their D is not very good against the run and their coach is Norv Turner.....

Just saying....
    I would love to just get there. Imagine us beating the Chargers and having the Colts see us again and we knock them off. They would hate themselves for letting us in. Now let me get off the pipe. LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Keep him on the bench with the rest of the Pats* offense.

ches musta popped a MILF last night as he has a sense of humor today.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    If we beat the Bengals in the WildCard, more likely that we play the Colts, unless the Pats get upset.

All and all, I think I'd rather play the Colts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If we beat the Bengals in the WildCard, more likely that we play the Colts, unless the Pats get upset.

Youre right unless the sixth seed beats the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickStop View Post
    Correct.

Theoretically, the Jets could even end up hosting an AFC Championship game (if the 5 and 6 seeds win both playoff games, which isn't as crazy as it sounds if B-more gets the 6)

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

I wouldn't. The Colts D has been better than SD's, and the chargers don't really run the ball all that well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You people are all out of your mind. Let's worry about the upcoming game and nothing else.