Thread: As a Jets fan: I'll be pulling for the Steelers to make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

Banned

As a Jets fan: I'll be pulling for the Steelers to make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

As we all know, with a W over the Bengals this week, the Jets would then be the 5th seed heading into the playoffs.

Even if the Patriots lose this week against the Texans / And the Jets beat the Bengals...The Jets are still the 5th seed and the Bengals would still be the 4th seed.

The Jets would then go on the road to play the Bengals during the WC game and you know what? I honestly believe the Jets can match up well against the Bengals and win that game. Could the Bengals beat us during the playoffs, @ home, in Cincy? Yeah, they could, but I still like our chances against that Bengals team.

That would mean the Jets would then traven to SD to play the Chargers during the playoffs, just like in 2004-2005, guess who won? The Jets. Drew Brees was their QB, threw for over 300 yards with 2 TD's. L.T was their RB, the man was in his prime years at the time. Gates had an amazing year as a pass catching talent @ the TE position. Quentin Jammer, Shaun Phillips and Jamal Williams were all big parts of that team... And the Jets team still went into SD and walked away with the W.

Alot has changed since then, for both teams. But to say we wouldn't have a chance against this Chargers team wouldn't be right. This Jets team can compete with this Chargers team and who knows, if we make the playoffs and beat the Bengals and Chargers, guess what? The Jets would then be playing in the AFC Championship game for the first time since 1998.

With all that said... I'll be pulling for the Steelers to make it as the 6th seed. The Steelers could be the only possible 6th seed that could beat both the Patriots and the Colts on the road. These guys are SB Champions for a reason and if they make it into the playoffs...They could be dangerious.

I would love a Steelers @ the Jets AFC Championship game. I've hated the Steelers ever since we lost because of 2 or 3 missed FG's, I've wanted the Jets to face the Steelers during the playoffs ever since. Win or Lose...That would be one hell of a way to close out the Meadowlands with a Jets-Steelers game for the SB.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but that would be a great road to the SB beating both the Bengals and Chargers on the road, follwed by a W of the Steelers @ home in the Meadowlands.

How can the Steelers make the playoffs? It's simple, but it could be tough for them to make it if the Jets beat the Bengals.

The Steelers would have to beat the Dolphins and hope that the Patriots beat the Texans, the Raiders beat the Ravens in Oakland and the Chiefs beat the Broncos in Denver.

Will all of that happen? I would guess no as of right now. But the Steelers are the team that I would love to see make it as the 6th seed. If not the Steelers, than the Ravens.

Either way... If the Jets can make the playoffs as the 5th seed with a W over the Bengals this week, I'll be pulling for the 6th seed for as long as I can, because I would love a home playoff game during the AFC Championship game.

all i can say is, as long as the jets get in, it doesn't matter who else gets in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
    all i can say is, as long as the jets get in, it doesn't matter who else gets in.
    + 1,000,000

All Pro
    uh yeah....just beat the Bengals on Sunday

Its all alot of speculation right now but I agree with your sentiments. This is what I want to happen:

JETS WIN this week and we head to Cincinatti(a very winnable game for us)

Ravens or Steelers get the 6 seed. I think those two teams could both beat the Pats and maybe even the Colts on the road.

All League

as a jets fan...

i'll be pulling for the jets to make the playoffs this sunday

CAN WE WIN THE GAME 1ST PEOPLE!!!

After we are given the win this sunday nite vs bungles, I would rather play Cincy again instead of Pissburgh.
    As much as I love going to SD for games, I would rather play Pittsburgh than SD.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen03 View Post
    i'll be pulling for the jets to make the playoffs this sunday

CAN WE WIN THE GAME 1ST PEOPLE!!!
    Since when did fans talking about future possible playoffs stop the team from playing the damn game?

Yeah, we all wanna see the Jets in the playoffs but the bottom line is this, if the Jets do make the playoffs... The road to the AFC Championship game is through the Bengals and the Chargers.

If you cant believe, as a fan, you have nothing. And yeah, I believe the Jets can beat the Bengals this Sunday night followed by a W of the Bengals during the playoffs.

Just say the Jets DONT make the playoffs? Get what, we then have the rest of the playoffs along with the entire offseason and draft to talk about everything else. As of right now, I'm enjoying the fact that the Jets are on the verge of making the playoffs with a W this week.

All Pro
    the ironic part of this is if we get the #5 seed they will have to send out playoff invoices.

Jets Win Baby

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    the ironic part of this is if we get the #5 seed they will have to send out playoff invoices.
    what a waste of paper

I spend alot of time thinking about what it would be like to be married to Jessica Alba.

Just in case.

8-7 right now..NOt even in the playoffs..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    As we all know, with a W over the Bengals this week, the Jets would then be the 5th seed heading into the playoffs.

Even if the Patriots lose this week against the Texans / And the Jets beat the Bengals...The Jets are still the 5th seed and the Bengals would still be the 4th seed.

The Jets would then go on the road to play the Bengals during the WC game and you know what? I honestly believe the Jets can match up well against the Bengals and win that game. Could the Bengals beat us during the playoffs, @ home, in Cincy? Yeah, they could, but I still like our chances against that Bengals team.

That would mean the Jets would then traven to SD to play the Chargers during the playoffs, just like in 2004-2005, guess who won? The Jets. Drew Brees was their QB, threw for over 300 yards with 2 TD's. L.T was their RB, the man was in his prime years at the time. Gates had an amazing year as a pass catching talent @ the TE position. Quentin Jammer, Shaun Phillips and Jamal Williams were all big parts of that team... And the Jets team still went into SD and walked away with the W.

Alot has changed since then, for both teams. But to say we wouldn't have a chance against this Chargers team wouldn't be right. This Jets team can compete with this Chargers team and who knows, if we make the playoffs and beat the Bengals and Chargers, guess what? The Jets would then be playing in the AFC Championship game for the first time since 1998.

With all that said... I'll be pulling for the Steelers to make it as the 6th seed. The Steelers could be the only possible 6th seed that could beat both the Patriots and the Colts on the road. These guys are SB Champions for a reason and if they make it into the playoffs...They could be dangerious.

I would love a Steelers @ the Jets AFC Championship game. I've hated the Steelers ever since we lost because of 2 or 3 missed FG's, I've wanted the Jets to face the Steelers during the playoffs ever since. Win or Lose...That would be one hell of a way to close out the Meadowlands with a Jets-Steelers game for the SB.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but that would be a great road to the SB beating both the Bengals and Chargers on the road, follwed by a W of the Steelers @ home in the Meadowlands.

How can the Steelers make the playoffs? It's simple, but it could be tough for them to make it if the Jets beat the Bengals.

The Steelers would have to beat the Dolphins and hope that the Patriots beat the Texans, the Raiders beat the Ravens in Oakland and the Chiefs beat the Broncos in Denver.

Will all of that happen? I would guess no as of right now. But the Steelers are the team that I would love to see make it as the 6th seed. If not the Steelers, than the Ravens.

Either way... If the Jets can make the playoffs as the 5th seed with a W over the Bengals this week, I'll be pulling for the 6th seed for as long as I can, because I would love a home playoff game during the AFC Championship game.
    Let's pump the brakes a little, let us get in and take it one game at a time.

All League
    are you seriously talking about hosting the AFC championship game?

how about we get into the playoffs first?

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    are you seriously talking about hosting the AFC championship game?
    Oh yes. He's serious. You bet yer bippy.