Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Texas Tech suspends head coach Mike Leach

  1. #1

    Texas Tech suspends head coach Mike Leach

    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...D9CSJ1R02.html

    Texas Tech coach Mike Leach has been suspended while the school investigates complaints from a player and his family about treatment after an injury.

    The school said in a release Monday defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill will be the interim coach and lead the team in the Alamo Bowl on Jan. 2 against Michigan State.

    McNeill will remain in charge of the team until the investigation is complete.

    The Red Raiders went 8-4 this season.

    Leach did not immediately returned a call or a text message seeking comment. A message left on McNeill's cell phone was not immediately returned.

    There's been internal strife this season with the Red Raiders and Leach has resorted to some tongue-lashing.

    He chastised players after a loss to Texas A&M in October for listening to "their fat little girlfriends," and thinking the Aggies were a pushover. And after the Red Raiders loss at then-No. 12 Houston in September, Leach suspended indefinitely starting offensive lineman Brandon Carter for violating team rules.

    The loss to the Cougars was the second straight for the Red Raiders, who had fallen 34-24 at No. 2 Texas in an early Big 12 matchup. This season is the first since 2002 Leach's third season that the Red Raiders dropped two of their first four games.

    That same week Leach banned his players from having Twitter pages after linebacker Marlon Williams asked on his account why he was still in a meeting room when "the head coach can't even be on time."

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    there is a push in TT to fire him...unbelievable what a year does...evdiently it also has something to do with the son of Craig James....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    there is a push in TT to fire him...unbelievable what a year does...evdiently it also has something to do with the son of Craig James....

    This coach SHOULD be fired. I read the story.
    Craig James' son suffered a concussion the second week of December. The coach demanded he practice. He said he couldn't, so this coach locked him in an electrical closet on two occasions.
    This is probably a felony let alone professional misconduct. Craig James wasn't going to be quiet on this one and I don't blame him. Get the coach out of there. An easy out with no payments due on his contract.

  4. #4
    He was fired. Leach is now fighting the school over the money left on his contract.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    This coach SHOULD be fired. I read the story.
    Craig James' son suffered a concussion the second week of December. The coach demanded he practice. He said he couldn't, so this coach locked him in an electrical closet on two occasions.
    This is probably a felony let alone professional misconduct. Craig James wasn't going to be quiet on this one and I don't blame him. Get the coach out of there. An easy out with no payments due on his contract.
    Way to jump to a conclusion before all the facts were in. That electrical closet story is looking like a bunch of bull**** right now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44 View Post
    Way to jump to a conclusion before all the facts were in. That electrical closet story is looking like a bunch of bull**** right now.


    Where there is smoke, there is fire.
    This punk got fired after all. With cause. He is gutless and had a string of violations.
    The Chancellor of Texas Tech said he was arrogant and did himself in. The players knew he was a bully and now he is history. He will have a tough time A). getting any settlement. B). getting another head coaching job C). avoiding a lawsuit by the player.
    This is not the type of man we need coaching young men.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us