Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3426040]you want her to marry a guy that curses and learned to curse at a young age at a sports event[/QUOTE]

I'm talking big picture here, street smart is just as important as book smart...if not more. Don't take everything so literally.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3426146]I'm talking big picture here, street smart is just as important as book smart...if not more. Don't take everything so literally.[/QUOTE]

ok it was a joke... But as far as street smart that has nothing to do with acting obnoxiouse at a game, cursing etc. Street smart is knowing that trouble may be a head and how to prevent it. Most of those guys who act that way are just looking for a fight. I would want my daughters with someone who can prtoect themselves but not be provoking.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;3426053]While I respect all responsible fathers, I feel it necessary to comment here. A football game should NOT be a family event. A pro football game is no place for two small girls. It is no secret at JI that I go almost exclusively to road games because I find the Jets home fans, for the most part, unbearable to be around. Of all the stadiums I have visited, only Jacksonille has a more docile crowd. I am THRILLED they moved the game to 8 PM because it makes it more likely that the boring season ticket holders will stay home and, ideally, sell their tickets to a bunch of more random Jet fan males ages 18-40 that are "hungry" for a playoff run and will let the Bengals and the whole country know it. The towel thing and an 8 PM start is the best thing that could have happened. Assuming the Jets take care of business this week, I will very likely be headed to Cincinnatti to actively participate in a real football game and not be surrounded by lame spectators. Other stadiums around the NFL bring an energy to the atmosphere and the team responds to it. The few times the Jets fans acted like a real crowd, the Jets turned it up a notch. Most Sundays, our fans just plain SUCK![/QUOTE]
    Agree, but there are days, that you can bring smaller children to a game. Preseason, this Sunday if we were out of it...but you have to choose wisely, and who brings small children to football games habitually, maybe boys 8 and up, but I wouldn't give them exposure to 8 games. In a perfect world it would be possible but this football usually adults attend, no place for children.WADR.

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3425496]I get the OP's point, but I would kill to go to a Jets Game at home, in the elements with all the overpriced everything. Before you complain think about the rest of us displaced Jets fans all over the country that don't have the opportunity to feel like crap the next day after a nightgame.
    I'll trade ya?:D[/QUOTE]

Excellent point jetsrangers. Never factored in that the time change allows those that live outside the area to enjoy the game.

It is a very big deal when desicions like this are made

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3426157]Agree, but there are days, that you can bring smaller children to a game. Preseason, this Sunday if we were out of it...but you have to choose wisely, and who brings small children to football games habitually, maybe boys 8 and up, but I wouldn't give them exposure to 8 games. In a perfect world it would be possible but this football usually adults attend, no place for children.WADR.[/QUOTE]

I really am at a loss for the idea that children (8 years and up) cannot or should not attend games because of the adults surrounding them. I am a huge sports fan and played in high school, college, and in minor leagues for baseball. I am no stranger to crowds at a sporting event. My question is: Why cant adults act as adults at games so everyone can enjoy? I understand that GIANTS STADIUM is not choir practice and everyone doesnt need to be on their best behavior, my problem is the over the top obnoxiuosness that most people do not want to sit through. Hearing the occational F BOMB here and there is ok with me, its understood that emotions are high and everyone is rooting for the JETS to win. My problem is the bigoted chants refering to homosexuality, women, race, etc. Would you agree that there is no place for that at GIANT STADIUM during games? Because that is what is concerning me...........
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-30-2009 at 01:15 PM.

[QUOTE=copernicus;3426517]I really am at a loss for the idea that children (8 years and up) cannot or should not attend games because of the adults surrounding them. I am a huge sports fan and played in high school, college, and in minor leagues for baseball. I am no stranger to crowds at a sporting event. My question is: Why cant adults act as adults at games so everyone can enjoy? I understand that GIANTS STADIUM is not choir practice and everyone doesnt need to be on their best behavior, my problem is the over the top obnoxiuosness that most people do not want to sit through. Hearing the occational F BOMB here and there is ok with me, its understood that emotions are high and everyone is rooting for the JETS to win. My problem is the bigoted chants refering to homosexuality, women, race, etc. Would you agree that there is no place for that at GIANT STADIUM during games? Because that is what is concerning me...........[/QUOTE]

Hey, if Bengal fans are cross-dressers who practice beastiality, why shouldn't we point it out so our kids can avoid them? :)

[QUOTE=copernicus;3424469]Understood, it is what sports is today. I dont have to agree to it. I think every season ticket holder should be outraged by it. All the money that is spent and now they want more from PSLs and this is how the consumer is treated. How pathetic.................[/QUOTE]

Just told "Guy"psl salesman from NY Jets there are way tooo many drunks at {Atl} last home game & that I sold my 2 seats bec. of the time change to 8pm!
    Also told him again Iam not buying psl's & dont like that
    the Owner left NY & are now Jersey Jets:steamin:
    Jersey Jet curse continues!!!!

[QUOTE=DieHard JETfan;3426922]Just told "Guy"psl salesman from NY Jets there are way tooo many drunks at {Atl} last home game & that I sold my 2 seats bec. of the time change to 8pm!
    Also told him again Iam not buying psl's & dont like that
    the Owner left NY & are now Jersey Jets:steamin:
    Jersey Jet curse continues!!!![/QUOTE]

Wow...thats really living up to your name huh?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3426517]I really am at a loss for the idea that children (8 years and up) cannot or should not attend games because of the adults surrounding them. I am a huge sports fan and played in high school, college, and in minor leagues for baseball. I am no stranger to crowds at a sporting event. My question is: Why cant adults act as adults at games so everyone can enjoy? I understand that GIANTS STADIUM is not choir practice and everyone doesnt need to be on their best behavior, my problem is the over the top obnoxiuosness that most people do not want to sit through. Hearing the occational F BOMB here and there is ok with me, its understood that emotions are high and everyone is rooting for the JETS to win. My problem is the bigoted chants refering to homosexuality, women, race, etc. Would you agree that there is no place for that at GIANT STADIUM during games? Because that is what is concerning me...........[/QUOTE]

Nobody is saying you can't take children to a game, however, do so at your own and the child's risk. Think of it as an R-Rated, and sometimes X-Rated film. You do not have the right to ask anyone to adjust their behavior at a professional sporting event because you chose to bring a child, however obscene said behavior might be. There have been several reports of European "futbol", aka soccer, fans throwing bananas at black players in recent years and chanting anti-semitic slurs while performing Nazi-like salutes. It's disgusting. Teams and stadium security make efforts to curb this behavior through various methods but it will continue as there is little they can do to stop it.

[QUOTE=RoadFan;3426938]Nobody is saying you can't take children to a game, however, do so at your own and the child's risk. Think of it as an R-Rated, and sometimes X-Rated film. You do not have the right to ask anyone to adjust their behavior at a professional sporting event because you chose to bring a child, however obscene said behavior might be. There have been several reports of European "futbol", aka soccer, fans throwing bananas at black players in recent years and chanting anti-semitic slurs while performing Nazi-like salutes. It's disgusting. Teams and stadium security make efforts to curb this behavior through various methods but it will continue as there is little they can do to stop it.[/QUOTE]

It speaks volume of how ignorant some people are. Again, I am no saint or choir boy, I understand that the occational F BOMB will be dropped at a JETS game from time to time in the course of the action of the game. It is the over the top vulgarity that has me perplexed. I'm sorry, but I just dont get how you go to a game of your favorite team and then start a hateful chant about someone being gay. It' sad and pathetic............

All League
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3427253]It speaks volume of how ignorant some people are. Again, I am no saint or choir boy, I understand that the occational F BOMB will be dropped at a JETS game from time to time in the course of the action of the game. It is the over the top vulgarity that has me perplexed. I'm sorry, but I just dont get how you go to a game of your favorite team and then start a hateful chant about someone being gay. It' sad and p
    athetic............[/QUOT
    "COP" it's more a reflection on scociety today. Few people today take into account their actions and feal they have all the rights in the world and do not have to respect the rights of others. Getting back to the premmis of the thead, its a shame that everything come down to the dollar and no regard to fans who will attend this game. It is in my opinion never fair to fans who want to attend a flex game to have game times determind 6 days in advance. For local fans some times less of an issue but still an issue and forget us out of towners that now have to add a extra day due to travel issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone in the extreme should be reported, and not allowed to ruin the day for others. As far as language goes it to should not be allowed in the extreme as well. Most people know when and where to bring children and Sunday night is not the place for males under age 15 and females under age 18...just my opinion. Thats the way football is, on the whole much worse than all the other sports. It is all a question of when you think it is right to expose your children to things, that is your business.:)

Jets Insider VIP
    P.S. I've talked enough about this topic, it is starting to sound like CCD class. I have to go burn some stuffed Bengal Tiger animals I bought, and pack my car. You see, although the odds are against the Jets, but, I will be rooting them full throat Sunday night, and if there happens to be a Bengal fan in my area getting all happy, I'll put him in his place because this is our house and we are going to make it green the way god intended it,sorry, this is not family play time.

Veteran
    Possibly deadly? Seriously? Have you ever traveled outside of the NY/NJ area? It gets a hell of a lot colder than it is here.

All League
    yeah, the profanity and drunkeness really suck. can't bring young kids to these games anymore. been that way for years though. i dont have young kids anymore but i understand how you feel about wanting to treat your kids to the jets game. moving the game to 8:20 sucks for all the reasons posted in this thread. but as a totally diehard jets fan, i'd LOVE to be at this game even WITH the weather and with work the next morning. dress warm and wear extra large gloves and boots.

Let me share one of the horrors I endured with my son when he was young at a Jet game.

First a little about my Son (Now 22 Years old)
    Joe was never going to be an athlete but always a fan. Much more Marv Albert than Joe Montanna. At a very early age (5 years old) he had a expansive grasp of sports including most of the rules. He was, and still is, an ESPN junkie.

At one particular Jet game the Jets jumped off sides. As the crowd *****ed and yelled at the ref my son (about eight years old at the time) stated out loud that it was a good call and sighted the NFL rule as explained in the rule book. Well this drunk, late twenties early thirties, jerk who was sitting directly in front of us turns around and starts yelling at my kid. "Shut the F%^&k up you little sh%t know it all! How about I break you in half" My son is looking at me shaking as this Ass#$%e is getting more and more in my kids face. So I stand up and tell this guy something like "hey that's enough" Finally one of the drunks friends shuts this guy up by saying "Hey I think the kids right!" All of the others surrounding us chime in "Yeah the kids right! Way to go kid." They start patting him on the back one guy offers him some cookies. They really turned it around. Thank God.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    this game is our season and it means a lot to fans than a little cold weather....i work outside pretty much all day and most of the night and last night was 0 degrees and if the team i support gets a time change to primetime tv and its cold out..you know what ill wear a scarf and hat and suck it up its much more enjoyable to be outside in "deadly" weather when youre doing something that you like and enjoy...relax man its a big game put on some thermals and enjoy the game....now cut it out.

All Pro
    Cop, I'm with you 100% on this one. The NFL went past my line awhile ago and I turn down decent free tickets every home game (actually wasn't invited to this one tho) because I honestly would rather watch it in the convenience of my home than drive there and back with traffic, surrounded by low class drunks, pay an arm and a leg to park in a swamp and eat a hot dog.

My dad took me every Sunday when i was a kid. My kid will make it to 1 or 2.

Practice Squad

This game was NEVER scheduled to be at 1PM

When you buy your season tickets, you buy them with the understanding that the times for the last few games of the season are [U][B]TBD. TO BE DETREMINED![/B][/U]

Everybody keeps saying that the time of the game was CHANGED. It was NOT CHANGED. It was always a TBD schedule.

I will be in the parking lot at 4PM. It's the last tailgate of the year and the last Tailgate a JETS STADIUM!. (Yes it's now JETS STADIUM because the Giants are never going to play there again).

I'll be there with my "kids" (who are 30 and 34) and my brother and we will be featuring our traditional last tailgate of the year menu of Surf and Turf (Whole Lobsters and Filet Mignon) preceeded by Shrimp cocktail and Champeigne.

I'm very happy that my team is still playing a meaningful game after Christmas. They could schedule it for midnight and I'd still be there.

[QUOTE=lorwood;3427314]Let me share one of the horrors I endured with my son when he was young at a Jet game.

First a little about my Son (Now 22 Years old)
    Joe was never going to be an athlete but always a fan. Much more Marv Albert than Joe Montanna. At a very early age (5 years old) he had a expansive grasp of sports including most of the rules. He was, and still is, an ESPN junkie.

At one particular Jet game the Jets jumped off sides. As the crowd *****ed and yelled at the ref my son (about eight years old at the time) stated out loud that it was a good call and sighted the NFL rule as explained in the rule book. Well this drunk, late twenties early thirties, jerk who was sitting directly in front of us turns around and starts yelling at my kid. "Shut the F%^&k up you little sh%t know it all! How about I break you in half" My son is looking at me shaking as this Ass#$%e is getting more and more in my kids face. So I stand up and tell this guy something like "hey that's enough" Finally one of the drunks friends shuts this guy up by saying "Hey I think the kids right!" All of the others surrounding us chime in "Yeah the kids right! Way to go kid." They start patting him on the back one guy offers him some cookies. They really turned it around. Thank God.[/QUOTE]

That is awful and I dont envy you having to witness that. Thankfully others around you tried to do damage control. Some people have no thought about how their actions affect others, and no less a defenseless child. Thanks for sharing..........