Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

[QUOTE=David Harris;3427336]Cop, I'm with you 100% on this one. The NFL went past my line awhile ago and I turn down decent free tickets every home game (actually wasn't invited to this one tho) because I honestly would rather watch it in the convenience of my home than drive there and back with traffic, surrounded by low class drunks, pay an arm and a leg to park in a swamp and eat a hot dog.

My dad took me every Sunday when i was a kid. My kid will make it to 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

+1............I enjoy it at home much more now also but occationally get the motivation to bring my kids to a live pro sporting event. It is almost always when opportunity knocks in the form of free tickets. Its becoming more difficult each year. thanks DH.................

[QUOTE=lorwood;3427314]Let me share one of the horrors I endured with my son when he was young at a Jet game.

First a little about my Son (Now 22 Years old)
    Joe was never going to be an athlete but always a fan. Much more Marv Albert than Joe Montanna. At a very early age (5 years old) he had a expansive grasp of sports including most of the rules. He was, and still is, an ESPN junkie.

At one particular Jet game the Jets jumped off sides. As the crowd *****ed and yelled at the ref my son (about eight years old at the time) stated out loud that it was a good call and sighted the NFL rule as explained in the rule book. Well this drunk, late twenties early thirties, jerk who was sitting directly in front of us turns around and starts yelling at my kid. "Shut the F%^&k up you little sh%t know it all! How about I break you in half" My son is looking at me shaking as this Ass#$%e is getting more and more in my kids face. So I stand up and tell this guy something like "hey that's enough" Finally one of the drunks friends shuts this guy up by saying "Hey I think the kids right!" All of the others surrounding us chime in "Yeah the kids right! Way to go kid." They start patting him on the back one guy offers him some cookies. They really turned it around. Thank God.[/QUOTE]

if you have good seats next year, this won't be a problem.

i don't have kids yet but i hear your concern. it's why we went for the seats we did. it's like a self selection process.

[QUOTE=BigJet85;3427323]this game is our season and it means a lot to fans than a little cold weather....i work outside pretty much all day and most of the night and last night was 0 degrees and if the team i support gets a time change to primetime tv and its cold out..you know what ill wear a scarf and hat and suck it up its much more enjoyable to be outside in "deadly" weather when youre doing something that you like and enjoy...relax man its a big game put on some thermals and enjoy the game....now cut it out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding and keeping this conversation going BJ. My point is not about the cold but the injustice of shelling out thousands of dollars on season tickets and being dictated to on the time change at the last minute. The cold at 8pm as compared to 1 or 4 is just a desicion the NFL makes with ZERO regards to its paying customers. It makes it a bit more difficult for a percentage of fans that bring family (kids and wife).Yes, at one time of my life I might have not cared as much but presently it is more stress than it is worth and that is why I have drawn the line with pro sports and attending them. It is sad to think where pro sports will be in ten years with such a small percent of young kids at games carrying on the tradition. I used to think I would bring my kids to many games as theyy grow up and maybe even purchase season tickets for my family and go each week. I used to think, "what a great way to share the love of my JETS with my own family." The reality is that prices, PSLs, and flexible scheduling do not make it worth it to me. I'd have to say my kids will be less inclined to purchase season tickets some day because they wont be at many games. They watch them at home with me somewhat, but as we all know, there is nothing like attending a live event. It is the choice I've made because its just not worth it financially and emotionally to me. Greed has the potential to seriously damage this great love of sports for our next generation of fans. I hope it survives, because if less kids attend sporting events presently, what would make them purchase tickets as adults?..................
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-30-2009 at 10:38 PM.

All League
    I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread at some point, but I'm not reading through 11 pages to see if it has, but based on the current I see for NYC the temps are nowhere near deadly and frankly aren't that frigid.

For the forecast I see for the NYC area Sunday, it says the temps with will be in 30's for highs, and the mid 20's for highs.

I'm looking at high's from 5-10 degrees and low's from -5 to -10 in Iowa this weekend, and that's without wind. That's frigid.

Man up, I'd give anything to see this game at the stadium in 25 degree weather.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=BUD329;3427351]When you buy your season tickets, you buy them with the understanding that the times for the last few games of the season are [U][B]TBD. TO BE DETREMINED![/B][/U]

Everybody keeps saying that the time of the game was CHANGED. It was NOT CHANGED. It was always a TBD schedule.

I will be in the parking lot at 4PM. It's the last tailgate of the year and the last Tailgate a JETS STADIUM!. (Yes it's now JETS STADIUM because the Giants are never going to play there again).

I'll be there with my "kids" (who are 30 and 34) and my brother and we will be featuring our traditional last tailgate of the year menu of Surf and Turf (Whole Lobsters and Filet Mignon) preceeded by Shrimp cocktail and Champeigne.

I'm very happy that my team is still playing a meaningful game after Christmas. They could schedule it for midnight and I'd still be there.[/QUOTE]

It's TBA, not TBD. I hope you will be loud inside, that menu is a little la ti da for football.:)

[/QUOTE]"COP" it's more a reflection on scociety today. Few people today take into account their actions and feal they have all the rights in the world and do not have to respect the rights of others. Getting back to the premmis of the thead, its a shame that everything come down to the dollar and no regard to fans who will attend this game. It is in my opinion never fair to fans who want to attend a flex game to have game times determind 6 days in advance. For local fans some times less of an issue but still an issue and forget us out of towners that now have to add a extra day due to travel issues.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for jumping in the conversation BOCA. Big game for our JETS Sunday night. Cant wait. +1 on your response BTW. Always enjoy reading your posts.........

[QUOTE=copernicus;3427449]Thanks for responding and keeping this conversation going BJ. My point is not about the cold but the injustice of shelling out thousands of dollars on season tickets and being dictated to on the time change at the last minute. The cold at 8pm as compared to 1 or 4 is just a desicion the NFL makes with ZERO regards to its paying customers. It makes it a bit more difficult for a percentage of fans that bring family (kids and wife).Yes, at one time of my life I might have not cared as much but presently it is more stress than it is worth and that is why I have drawn the line with pro sports and attending them. It is sad to think where pro sports will be in ten years with such a small percent of young kids at games carrying on the tradition. I used to think I would bring my kids to many games as theyy grow up and maybe even purchase season tickets for my family and go each week. I used to think, "what a great way to share the love of my JETS with my own family." The reality is that prices, PSLs, and flexible scheduling do not make it worth it to me. I'd have to say my kids will be less inclined to purchase season tickets some day because they wont be at many games. They watch them at home with me somewhat, but as we all know, there is nothing like attending a live event. It is the choice I've made because its just not worth it financially and emotionally to me. Greed has the potential to seriously damage this great love of sports for our next generation of fans. I hope it survives, because if less kids attend sporting events presently, what would make them purchase tickets as adults?..................[/QUOTE]

why not split a PSL with a friend? that way you go to a couple of games with your kids and then for the random night game go with your buddy.

by the way, the giants have sold out with very similar pricing to what the Jets are asking - so the demand is there for football in the tri-state area.

[QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3427455]I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread at some point, but I'm not reading through 11 pages to see if it has, but based on the current I see for NYC the temps are nowhere near deadly and frankly aren't that frigid.

For the forecast I see for the NYC area Sunday, it says the temps with will be in 30's for highs, and the mid 20's for highs.

I'm looking at high's from 5-10 degrees and low's from -5 to -10 in Iowa this weekend, and that's without wind. That's frigid.

Man up, I'd give anything to see this game at the stadium in 25 degree weather.[/QUOTE]

Hey iahawkey, thanks for the reponse. -5 to -10, now that truely deadly (not like my "deadly" at 30 degrees) Always great reading your posts...........

[QUOTE=batman10023;3427464]why not split a PSL with a friend? that way you go to a couple of games with your kids and then for the random night game go with your buddy.

by the way, the giants have sold out with very similar pricing to what the Jets are asking - so the demand is there for football in the tri-state area.[/QUOTE]

Thats a great idea and maybe if the opportunity presents itself I might be inclined to listen. But right now, more than ever, it just seems like the paying custumer/working class continues to accept ridiculous policies set my the billionarres of our world. If I spend X amount of dollars on an event I want to make sure I can go to it knowing its at 8pm, 4pm, or 1 pm. I dont think its alot to ask. I mean what is next? A PSL for a tailgaiting parking spot? It doesnt seem that crazy when you think of it..............

All League
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3427465]Hey iahawkey, thanks for the reponse. -5 to -10, now that truely deadly (not like my "deadly" at 30 degrees) Always great reading your posts...........[/QUOTE]

Always enjoy your stuff too. I think something everyone can agree on is that a playoff birth will go a long way to warm the spirits wherever us Jets fans are located.

[QUOTE=iahawkeyejet;3427475]Always enjoy your stuff too. I think something everyone can agree on is that a playoff birth will go a long way to warm the spirits wherever us Jets fans are located.[/QUOTE]

Oh how nice that would be. We all deserve it after the last two months of this up and down season. A playoff birth would make me "not die" on Sunday night if I were out in the cold (LOL)........................:O

[QUOTE=copernicus;3427471]Thats a great idea and maybe if the opportunity presents itself I might be inclined to listen. But right now, more than ever, it just seems like the paying custumer/working class continues to accept ridiculous policies set my the billionarres of our world. If I spend X amount of dollars on an event I want to make sure I can go to it knowing its at 8pm, 4pm, or 1 pm. I dont think its alot to ask. I mean what is next? A PSL for a tailgaiting parking spot? It doesnt seem that crazy when you think of it..............[/QUOTE]

i would be fine with the flex schedule if they gave a little more advanced notice. this last week thing is extraordinary but except for us fools going to the game most of football america likes it.

looks the ticket stuff is all supply and demand. if there are not enough people, the Jets will lower the price or give the stuff away like this year. they had to give tickets away to sell the stadium out either outright or via 15 dollar ticket sales.

my tickets next year are 10x the cost of the first season i went to. it's unreal. but that's life. i don't like it one bit.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3424879]They would know as you do that at the end of the season games are TBA or flexed....and if a game towards the end of the year got flexed that meant it means something. So I would not be going as a child under age 15, or under 18 for that matter.[B] A football game of this magnitude is no place for children to be, it should be reserved for the faithful,and loud maniacs[/B]. NFL football is not really a family event, especially young at least not all year long. Thats what preseason and some 1pm games are for, although the NFL would like you to think otherwise, football is violent sport, it is not a place for young family time. I also recall a game time was changed because of some religion earlier in the year, did you complain then. It's going to be a nuthouse Sun. night, I can't wait.:steamin:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RichmondVA_Jets;3424921][B]I for one welcome the insanity.. it sure beats what it looked like this game was going to be a few weeks ago - a depressed 1pm game that was 3/4 empty with absolutely no playoff implications.[/B].. maybe "cop" would have liked that so he could bring his kids.... but REAL Jets fans are looking forward to tearing that stadium apart Sunday night...[/QUOTE]

These I agree with...
    My brother and I are hoping to come down from 4+ hours away and scream our heads off when the D is on the field. We may even cuss a little. Hopefully it will be the kind of crowd that the Meadowlands has never seen. (no fighting or extreme property damage or anything) But I'd be a little disappointed if we went there for mayhem and ended up being surrounded by little kids and whiny parents.
    I will happily buy the tickets they refuse to use.

All Pro
    PU$$Y

All Pro
    [QUOTE=lorwood;3427314]Let me share one of the horrors I endured with my son when he was young at a Jet game.

First a little about my Son (Now 22 Years old)
    Joe was never going to be an athlete but always a fan. Much more Marv Albert than Joe Montanna. At a very early age (5 years old) he had a expansive grasp of sports including most of the rules. He was, and still is, an ESPN junkie.

At one particular Jet game the Jets jumped off sides. As the crowd *****ed and yelled at the ref my son (about eight years old at the time) stated out loud that it was a good call and sighted the NFL rule as explained in the rule book. Well this drunk, late twenties early thirties, jerk who was sitting directly in front of us turns around and starts yelling at my kid. "Shut the F%^&k up you little sh%t know it all! How about I break you in half" My son is looking at me shaking as this Ass#$%e is getting more and more in my kids face. So I stand up and tell this guy something like "hey that's enough" Finally one of the drunks friends shuts this guy up by saying "Hey I think the kids right!" All of the others surrounding us chime in "Yeah the kids right! Way to go kid." They start patting him on the back one guy offers him some cookies. They really turned it around. Thank God.[/QUOTE]

Someone like that should get the crap stomped out of him! Not saying you, just in general.

I used to take at least one trip down from RI or up from VA, the last 4 years, for a game. Three years ago I actually had split season tix. Between the long drive, the clusterfuuk parking scene, the endless tv timeouts, the terrible cold hotdogs, watery hot choc, etc, and most importantly, the seemingly endless supply of drunken morins looking for someone to just look at them sideways (the whole time I'm more conscious of evaluating whether I need to protect my wife or not than anything else, except when we're in our seats, for the most part), I can do without it.

I guess if we lived close by we'd still go to a game a year, b/c during the rare moments when plays are being run, there's nothing like it. But for now, we put on our jerseys, do our pre-game shot of vodka, enjoy some good food and some 420, and watch the game (and all others thanks to Sunday Ticket) on our big HDTV.

To each his own I guess.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3427640]PU$$Y[/QUOTE]

LOL, you're definitely one of the dudes he's trying to avoid, you window-licker! :D

[QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;3427640]PU$$Y[/QUOTE]

Wow, Mike Z, I'm surprised, I thought you'd have more to say than the easy response you gave. Way too simple for such a good poster like yourself. Am I a P like you said because I'm overreacting? There are no drunks in the stands? Prices are not expensive? I should be accepting that big business rules the world even if I'm paying outragous prices for a product that often fails me?

I am going to assume that you have less life experience than me and maybe dont have a family of your own yet. I am also going to guess you frequent games often. If I'm wrong then I'd [B]really[/B] like to hear your response.

Ask yourself this: Are you ok with going to games short term or would you like to attend games in your 20s, 30s, 40s, etc? Because what is happening by the response here and my own experience is that people who have families are in jeopardy of being phased out or not welcomed at games period. I have a young family and in a perfect financial and safer situation I'd love to bring my entire family to games. I wont, its just not worth it. They have lost me and possibly future season ticket holders (in my children) as well. If you are in your 20s or do not have a family just yet, chances are you might one day. Would you rather feel like me and be hesitant going to games because of behavior that gets worse at night? Or would you like to continue to go to games and enjoy our favorite team the JETS?

IMHO, its short term thinking that is going to ruin pro sports for the future. Keep eliminating groups of people, especially families that are introducing the future season ticket holders and it is a recipe for disaster...........
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-31-2009 at 09:26 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424451]Anyone in NYC step outside today? FRIGGID, down right dangerous to be outside.

How obnoxious that the game Sunday is moved to 8:20 PM?

Anyone going to the game with their kids are suspect to exposing them to FRIGGID (and possibly deadly) tempertures all for the sake of greed.

Only to make the rich get richer at everyone elses expense.

As a father of two little girls who love sports I would be livid if I had tickets for a 1 o'clock game and it was moved to 8 pm.

Factor in how cold it will be and that it is a work/school night and this becomes a recipe for many no shows and a dangerous situations.
    You buy a ticket for a specific time and just like that it can be moved and inconvience everyone, all for the sake of the greed. The NFL and networks should be held accountable but will never.

It is actions like this that have forced me to "draw the line" when it comes to attending live sporting events anymore.

I will not go unless the ticket is free, and even then I am hesitant because of al the other expenses.

$25 dollar parking? Really?

PSL's? Really?

$6 Hot Dogs? Really?

$4 water? Really?

$5 soda? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to be injured by paper airplanes? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to abusive language? Really?

And now, to plan a Sunday with my family only for it to be ruined at a moments notice over nothing but greed is abusive to all fans.

Will there ever be a day where most people draw line?

I think its closer than ever

Pathetic[/QUOTE]

Prof. kotite when are you gonna stop driving those late night cabs?

Jets Insider VIP
    recommendations for those who are man enough to be going on Sunday

1) Separate out all the clothes you own

2) Wear them all

3) cover everything except your mouth which you need to use when the Jets are on defense as loudly as you can

4) Enjoy the game and get ready for the rematch in the Queen city of the Ohio the following weekend

[QUOTE=sg3;3427788]recommendations for those who are man enough to be going on Sunday

1) Separate out all the clothes you own

2) Wear them all

3) cover everything except your mouth which you need to use when the Jets are on defense as loudly as you can

4) Enjoy the game and get ready for the rematch in the Queen city of the Ohio the following weekend[/QUOTE]

it's not expected to be as cold as originally thought. i heard low 30s. that's not terrible versus the teens people were saying earlier.