Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=batman10023;3427888]it's not expected to be as cold as originally thought. i heard low 30s. that's not terrible versus the teens people were saying earlier.[/QUOTE]

It will be 18 degrees by 8.20 pm, worse if there is a windchill. Wear your wool skirt.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3427892]It will be 18 degrees by 8.20 pm, worse if there is a windchill. Wear your wool skirt.[/QUOTE]

my skirts are cashmere.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3427892]It will be 18 degrees by 8.20 pm, worse if there is a windchill. Wear your wool skirt.[/QUOTE]

If the game was scheduled at 8:20 from the begininng of the year there is nothing to complain about.

If it is at 1 or 4 pm and it is bitterly cold, so be it, deal with it, and enjoy it.

It gets me aggrevated that that game is scheduled with no consideration towards its paying fan base (one that I am not a part of)

The season ticket holder gets the short end again

FYI, I was just watching the Today Show and the high on Sunday during the day will be 29 degrees, it was also added to be "bitterly cold."

A high temperature of 29 degrees in the sunshine watching my JETS sounds fun and tolerable.

Temperatures below that, at night, at GIANTS STADIUM, with the wind when it could have just as easily been scheduled at 1 screams of lack of decency
    Last edited by copernicus; 01-01-2010 at 10:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    they don't schedule ANY 8:20 games after Thanksgiving weekend

that is why it is called a FLEX game

in fact if you look at those tickets you have in your hand, you will see that every one of them after thanksgiving has TBA as a starting time

SO nobody promised you a 1 PM game in the first place, candy butt

[QUOTE=copernicus;3428748]If the game was scheduled at 8:20 from the begininng of the year there is nothing to complain about.

If it is at 1 or 4 pm and it is bitterly cold, so be it, deal with it, and enjoy it.

It gets me aggrevated that that game is scheduled with no consideration towards its paying fan base (one that I am not a part of)

FYI, I was just watching the Today Show and the high on Sunday during the day will be 29 degrees, it was also added to be "bitterly cold."

A high temperature of 29 degrees in the sunshine watching my JETS sounds fun and tolerable.

Temperatures below that, at night, at GIANTS STADIUM, with the wind when it could have just as easily been scheduled at 1 screams of lack of decency[/QUOTE]

you have made up your mind " your not part of the paying fan base" so leave the complaining about the 8 20 start to us folks who will be freezing our butts off at the game.

All League
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424464]Did you go to games when you were a child?

I did, I was lucky. Whenever my dad could afford to bring us he did.

Cant remember have a game time changed days before an event.

If it did, I would think my dad would be less inclined to pay for a future game. Only a sucker would.

The "children" are the next generation of season ticket holders. If they attend less games now, will they be inclined to go to games in the future?[/QUOTE]

.... i see your point..... but i would still go no matter what..... :yes:

Practice Squad

The TRUTH

[QUOTE=copernicus;3428748]If the game was scheduled at 8:20 from the begininng of the year there is nothing to complain about.[/QUOTE]

OK Copernicus let's cut the mis-information OK?

I was sitting very comfortably on my couch watching New Year's bowl games and you made me get up, go upstairs and pull out my tickets for Sunday's game.

Just as I thought and just as I thought when I posted to this thread yesterday the tickets DO NOT SAY 1PM!. I was wrong. They don't say TBD as I thought. They say TBA as in TO BE ANNOUNCED! If you bought tickets for a game that was TBA and you ASSUMED that he game would be at 1PM that's YOUR PROBLEM, not the Jets and not the NFL. Like my old boss used to say "When you assume, you make and ASS of U and ME. Stop being an ASS and accept the fact that this is life in the NFL. Buy tickets or don't buy tickets, but if you buy them for late in the seasson, you need to be aware of the rules and shut up about it.
    Last edited by BUD329; 01-01-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling

[QUOTE=BUD329;3429306]OK Copernicus let's cut the mis-information OK?

I was sitting very comfortably on my couch watching New Year's bowl games and you made me get up, go upstairs and pull out my tickets for Sunday's game.

Just as I thought and just as I thought when I posted to this thread yesterday the tickets DO NOT SAY 1PM!. I was wrong. They don't say TBD as I thought. They say TBA as in TO BE ANNOUNCED! If you bought tickets for a game that was TBA and you ASSUMED that he game would be at 1PM that's YOUR PROBLEM, not the Jets and not the NFL. Like my old boss used to say "When you assume, you make and ASS of U and ME. Stop being an ASS and accept the fact that this is life in the NFL. Buy tickets or don't buy tickets, but if you buy them for late in the seasson, you need to be aware of the rules and shut up about it.[/QUOTE]

LOL, sorry about getting you up from the comforts of your living rooom.

That "assume" joke is also from old "odd couple" episode................classic

For eveyone that is going to the game, yell your heads off for our JETS.

Unfortunatly I dont have tickets, my whole point off this thread was to point out the injustice that the flexible scheduling is to the fans that financially support the JETS and NFL. I think the conversation was excellent.

Thanks to everyone that participated, I cant wait for Sunday night to root on our JETS.

Again for those who have tickets for the game, be loud and be proud.

We definitly need the "12th man" to help our team.
    Last edited by copernicus; 01-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    What is the 11th man?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3428748]If the game was scheduled at 8:20 from the begininng of the year there is nothing to complain about.

Temperatures below that, at night, at GIANTS STADIUM, with the wind when it could have just as easily been scheduled at 1 screams of lack of decency[/QUOTE]
    This is utterly ridiculous....

[QUOTE=Apache 51;3429382]What is the 11th man?[/QUOTE]

LOL, the length of this thread has got me delirious.

Enjoy the game, hope the stadium is rocking Sunday night!!!!!

[QUOTE=BUD329;3429306]I was wrong. They don't say TBD as I thought. They say TBA as in TO BE ANNOUNCED! If you bought tickets for a game that was TBA and you ASSUMED that he game would be at 1PM that's YOUR PROBLEM, not the Jets and not the NFL. [B]Like my old boss used to say "When you assume, you make and ASS of U and ME.[/B] .[/QUOTE]

you worked for Felix Unger?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Of course im in the minority, but I couldnt be happier @ the 820 gametime. Thats 520 here on the West coast, and for once I can watch the game on an actual TV set instead of squinting through grainy images on Justin.tv.

Props to all of you East coasters who have to brave the conditions to make the game. I respect and applaud your passion for the team. Give umm hell.

(Thanks NBC):O

EDIT: WTF does 20 degrees feel like?:)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3429465]Of course im in the minority, but I couldnt be happier @ the 820 gametime. Thats 520 here on the West coast, and for once I can watch the game on an actual TV set instead of squinting through grainy images on Justin.tv.

Props to all of you East coasters who have to brave the conditions to make the game. I respect and applaud your passion for the team. Give umm hell.

(Thanks NBC):O

EDIT: WTF does 20 degrees feel like?:)[/QUOTE]
    Not too bad, it's the wind that can kill you, but when your team is playing for its playoff life it doesn't really phukin matter.:yes::steamin:

If Sanchez turns out like most think he will , we will have a lot more prime time games in the future. I will be in the cold with the real fans while the new fans will be in their heated clubs. I will deal with it because it has been a long time since we have had a promising future. GO JETS

Jets Insider VIP
    wait, hold on copernicus???

after all this commotion in a thread you started which generated 256 responses. NOW you tell us that you never had tickets to this game in the first place??

UN FRIGGING BELIEVABLE

[QUOTE]it's not expected to be as cold as originally thought. i heard low 30s. that's not terrible versus the teens people were saying earlier.[/QUOTE]

Low of 20 degrees: Wind Chill @ 0 degrees

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 15 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.

20 degrees, 20 MPH wind = Wind Chill of 4 degrees.

That's freakin' cold.

I'm still going to be there @ 6pm at the latest, but it's still damn cold.

This complaint is a microcosm of the problem that is the Jets home crowd. For a team with a fairly passionate base of fans, the home crowd has let me down on multiple occasions. We only occasionally make adequate noise to affect the opposition, and we look for reasons not to go to games.

I don't think they'd be *****ing and moaning about night start times and icy temperatures in Chicago, Pittsburgh, NE, Buffalo, KC, Denver, or Green Bay. Those stadiums would be packed and raucous if the temp was -10 degrees. I guess I should thank many of the season ticket holders for not going to games as I have never had a problem getting tickets at the stadium on gameday.

With regard to the issue about children and the cold, I don't think I would take young children to an icy night game, but that is just a personal decision and at no time would I tell someone else what they should or should not do with their tix.

My son is 13 and is getting his clothes,long johns and thermals ready for Sun. night. I told him we did not have to go because of the cold , his answer to me was he would not miss it.I told my father the same thing one day many years ago when Baltimore was coming to Shea and my dad wanted to stay home, we had a great day . I think I remember it snowing and 2 guys falling out of the stands onto the backstop to get the extra point. May my son or daughter be lucky enough to be able to go to JET games in the upper bowl in the years to come.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dynamic Hip Screw;3429544][B]This complaint is a microcosm of the problem that is the Jets home crowd. For a team with a fairly passionate base of fans, the home crowd has let me down on multiple occasions. We only occasionally make adequate noise to affect the opposition, and we look for reasons not to go to games. [/B]
    [B]I don't think they'd be *****ing and moaning about night start times and icy temperatures in Chicago, Pittsburgh, NE, Buffalo, KC, Denver, or Green Bay. Those stadiums would be packed and raucous if the temp was -10 degrees.[/B] I guess I should thank many of the season ticket holders for not going to games as I have never had a problem getting tickets at the stadium on gameday.

With regard to the issue about children and the cold, I don't think I would take young children to an icy night game, but that is just a personal decision and at no time would I tell someone else what they should or should not do with their tix.[/QUOTE]

:clapper: