Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

[QUOTE=Jman21;3424564]Yeah this is not cool. I thought there was a rule that they had to announce it a few weeks in advance, not the week before. Is that another rule I'm thinking of?

[/QUOTE]

Ah...

[B]Flexible Scheduling[/B]
    Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

Last season, the NFL implemented for the first time in its history a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

The 2007 NFL schedule will again utilize flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks will list the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL will have the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior.

The NFL has commonly moved games between 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET on Sunday afternoons, and the NFL now employs flexible scheduling to include one of its primetime packages of games - on Sunday evenings.

Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

[B]In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.[/B]

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=Big L;3424614]I do wonder how many people who had tickets to the game at 1pm now can't go because it's at 8pm.[/QUOTE]
    i am sure they are some that wont be going b/c of the time change.

[QUOTE=copernicus;3424592]I stand corrected C Mart. Good point. Wasnt like that back in the day. Does the ticket say 1 pm on the front and then on the back in small print say "subject to change?" Awful policy for the fans...............[/QUOTE]

I don't have a tix for Sunday's game.

I'm reading a tix for the Nov 29th Panthers game that I resold on jets.com.

Like I said, the ticket has Nov 29 Giants Stadium - TBA

and on the back IN BOLD it states, "The date and time of the game is subject to change by the NFL in accordance with its scheduling policies........"

Since the Panthers game is also part of the "flex" schedule I think it's fairly certain to say that Sunday's tix will say the same thing.

[QUOTE=Stewdawg;3424517]I CANT WAIT to go.

Neither can my 8 year old son!! Gonna be nice and cold, real football weather, very much looking forward to it. Huge game for the Jets, glad I am going to be there to be a part of it.

Going with brats this week, pep/onions, and hotdogs. Will bring in the hand warmers, blanket, and a couple extra Jets fleeces, all to bundle up the kid if he needs it.[/QUOTE]

Great call on the brats, going with that too....figure if its Green Bay temps, best to go with a great cold weather food.

Im looking forward to the game at night, going to be awesome electric atmosphere and something to look forward to all day. I went to games in the cold when i was 10-12 and it was great...however def gotta be careful this sun night.

Windchill will prob be about 20ish, which is def not to be taken lightly for a kid. Which is why i can understand copernicus' fustration and not being able to bring his kids now. Unfortunately something that is now part of sports and isnt going anywhere.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jman21;3424612]no, no they don't[/QUOTE]

oh yes they do

[QUOTE=sg3;3424602]deadly temperatures??

people go skiing when it is 20 below zero and windy

wear a frigging coat already and stop the whining[/QUOTE]

Not whining, just trying to have a nice conversation/ debate over what fans opinions are on this subject.

I dont have season tickets, but would be upset if I paid for my family to go to a game to have it changed.

I was informed in an earlier post that it it written on the ticket so I guess I would have to make the choice and chance to purchase the tickets.

I still believe it is an awful policy.

As far as the "deadly weather" goes:

Is it more deadly for all people, including people over 50 and under 12 to sit out doors at 1 pm or 8 pm in Decemeber, in freezing tempretures?

[QUOTE=C Mart;3424621]I don't have a tix for Sunday's game.

I'm reading a tix for the Nov 29th Panthers game that I resold on jets.com.

Like I said, the ticket has Nov 29 Giants Stadium - TBA

and on the back IN BOLD it states, "The date and time of the game is subject to change by the NFL in accordance with its scheduling policies........"

Since the Panthers game is also part of the "flex" schedule I think it's fairly certain to say that Sunday's tix will say the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks C Mart, your information adds to this thread and is appreciated.

It is definitly "buyer beware." IMHO, the price is too steep for it to be changed so easily.

[QUOTE=sg3;3424602]deadly temperatures??

people go skiing when it is 20 below zero and windy

wear a frigging coat already and stop the whining[/QUOTE]

The guy isnt whining, nor is he talking about himself. He is saying its too cold for his young kids which i think he is dead on about. Plus with a full day of drinking etc, prob not the best environment for a child....thats all.

No one here is complaining about the cold with respect to themselves....

All Pro
    Also, when you pony up the money for season tickets you have no idea what the schedule will look like. For all you know when you send in your money all games will be at 8:20.

[QUOTE=ChadLover;3424646]Also, when you pony up the money for season tickets you have no idea what the schedule will look like. For all you know when you send in your money all games will be at 8:20.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point CL. Although I would have more time to make the neccessary arrangements to adjust my schedule to see the games I've purchased. Not like this week where it is sprung on fans at the last minute

Who is this guy?

Man up and go to the game.... or stay home---either buy a PSL or dont, either pay the 20 for parking or take the train. In any case shut-da-funk up.

F L E X SCHEDULE---you know it going in.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    you know the rules before you buy the tickets. and like i said, if you want to take kids to a game, you should try for the early season games in sept/oct. before the weather gets too cold.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3424467]If Copernicus is angry, than you know there's something wrong.

That Bears game looked mighty cold last night too. Personally, I dig the cold weather games, but I wouldn't take children out in that weather.[/QUOTE]

Yep - had planned to bring the wife and twins on Sunday. Now the kids can't go. I'm annoyed . . . but I understand the reasoning.

I'm just not sure why CBS didn't protect this game

[QUOTE=eaglenj;3424645]The guy isnt whining, nor is he talking about himself. He is saying its too cold for his young kids which i think he is dead on about. Plus with a full day of drinking etc, prob not the best environment for a child....thats all.

No one here is complaining about the cold with respect to themselves....[/QUOTE]

There's going to be less than a 10 degree difference btw 1:00 and 8:00... I get why he's upset I just think it's silly.

[QUOTE=eaglenj;3424645]The guy isnt whining, nor is he talking about himself. He is saying its too cold for his young kids which i think he is dead on about. Plus with a full day of drinking etc, prob not the best environment for a child....thats all.

No one here is complaining about the cold with respect to themselves....[/QUOTE]

Thanks eagle, I am really concerned more with a policy that hurts the die hard season ticket holder than sitting in the cold. Games are played at night in December in the NFL. I like it. It adds to the atmosphere of the game. I ahve gone to games like that in the past and loved it. My gripe is with a policy that when applied has the abilitly to keep die hard fans out of the stadium. It is another example of the fan getting the short end of the stick.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3424661]Yep - had planned to bring the wife and twins on Sunday. Now the kids can't go. I'm annoyed . . . but I understand the reasoning.

I'm just not sure why CBS didn't protect this game[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me on it, but I believe the networks can't protect any games for week 17.

[QUOTE]NBC Sunday Night Football has the option of changing one scheduled game from Sunday afternoon to Sunday night during weeks 11 through 17 of the NFL football season.

Fox and CBS are able to protect 5 of their games for weeks 11 through 16, but no games can be locked in the final weekend. (Unfortunately, this year we have not been able to get any inside info about which games have been protected.)

Only three teams can appear 6 times in primetime on NBC, ESPN or NFL Network throughout the course of the season, and the remaining teams can only appear 5 times in primetime. No team is able to appear on NBC Sunday Night Football more than 4 times in one season.

NBC Sports must make their decision about any flex schedule changes 12 days in advance of the scheduled game for weeks 11 through 16, and they are able to decide 6 days in advance of the final game on week 17. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl/flex/[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424664]Thanks eagle,[B] I am really concerned more with a policy that hurts the die hard season ticket holder [/B]than sitting in the cold. Games are played at night in December in the NFL. I like it. It adds to the atmosphere of the game. I ahve gone to games like that in the past and loved it. My gripe is with a policy that when applied has the abilitly to keep die hard fans out of the stadium. It is another example of the fan getting the short end of the stick.[/QUOTE]

The die hard season ticket holder is going regardless and is probably thrilled the Jets game has enough meaning on the last week of the season that it gets flexed.

[QUOTE=pcavanagh;3424656]Man up and go to the game.... or stay home---either buy a PSL or dont, either pay the 20 for parking or take the train. In any case shut-da-funk up.

F L E X SCHEDULE---you know it going in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response but no need to be so hostile pcavanagh. I am a fan just like you. I am just looking out for the season ticket holder. If it were me that had the game tme changed I'd be upset and was curious as to what others thought as well. Your point is well taken.............

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=doggin94it;3424661]Yep - had planned to bring the wife and twins on Sunday. Now the kids can't go. I'm annoyed . . . but I understand the reasoning.

I'm just not sure why CBS didn't protect this game[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure, but I think that on the last weekend of the season, every game is eligible to be flexed.

All League
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;3424669]The die hard season ticket holder is going regardless and is probably thrilled the Jets game has enough meaning on the last week of the season that it gets flexed.[/QUOTE]

+1 i know i am