Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    for the sake of Jets fans that actually WANT to go to the game and ENJOY it, please sell your tickets if you have them. Suck it up, its football

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ 1968;3424585]I don't know why everyone is *****ing... I LOVE the fact that this is a night game. I'm going to the game...who cares if it's -50 degrees..If your a TRUE Jets fan...you would not care about the enviormental circumstances... this is a PLAYOFF GAME essentially!!! What is wrong with everyone????[/QUOTE]

+1000

I am so with you here. My car is still packed from the Atlanta game, just need to reup on the necessities and then Im hitting the road ASAP Sunday.

Got lots of food lined up and bringing the firepit along for this game. This upcoming game is constantly on my mind and Sunday could not get here sooner.

[SIZE="7"]LETS GO JETS!!![/SIZE]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

too strong

copernicus- got your point- my response was too over the top and unnessesary. Go Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3424661]Yep - had planned to bring the wife and twins on Sunday. Now the kids can't go. I'm annoyed . . . but I understand the reasoning.

I'm just not sure why CBS didn't protect this game[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain doggin, having a family with young kids and trying to provide for them is hard enough. I live that life also . You get enough money set aside to do something that everyone can enjoy and means so much more becuase the kids are right there with you. The game time change must be a huge downer. You sound like a great dad for your kids.....................

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pcavanagh;3424686]copernicus- got your point- my response was too over the top and unnessesary. Go Jets[/QUOTE]

Its all good pc..........................GO JETS!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424559]Some of my fellow posters here are missing my point. It is not about the cold weather!!!! I love football in the cold, and if I bought a ticket for 8pm on a Sunday night in December I'd expect it to be cold. My gripe is with the change of time and inconvieniencing all fans. Why should there be a policy to change the times of games whenever they feel like it. I paid for a specific event at a specific time, how is it justified to change this time at my expense?.................[/QUOTE]

People are missing your point. You're right that the flexing of games principally is a load of BS. It benefits the NFL's pockets and inconveniences the fans themselves. But how long has it been since it's been about the fans? I wish the team would tell the NFL that they weren't going to do this to their fanbase. But good luck with that.

People calling you a btch, pssy, etc are completely missing your point. I'm going Sunday by the way. F everyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;3424679]for the sake of Jets fans that actually WANT to go to the game and ENJOY it, please sell your tickets if you have them. Suck it up, its football[/QUOTE]

The point of this thread was not about wanting to go to the game and enjoying it. It is about those that have season tickets and are forced out because of an awful policy.

I agree, for those that cant go I hope you dont lose out on the tickets and can sell them to a fellow JETS fan that can enjoy it...............

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3424698]People are missing your point. You're right that the flexing of games principally is a load of BS. It benefits the NFL's pockets and inconveniences the fans themselves. But how long has it been since it's been about the fans? I wish the team would tell the NFL that they weren't going to do this to their fanbase. But good luck with that.

People calling you a btch, pssy, etc are completely missing your point. I'm going Sunday by the way. F everyone.[/QUOTE]

Thanks BG, you are spot on as always. Enjoy the game my fellow JETS fan!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3424698]People are missing your point. You're right that the flexing of games principally is a load of BS. It benefits the NFL's pockets and inconveniences the fans themselves. But how long has it been since it's been about the fans? I wish the team would tell the NFL that they weren't going to do this to their fanbase. But good luck with that.

People calling you a btch, pssy, etc are completely missing your point. I'm going Sunday by the way. F everyone.[/QUOTE]

+1

You have to realize that many who post on ANY fan based message board have the same mentality as those who inhabited Jonestown

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lorwood;3424712]+1

You have to realize that many who post on ANY fan based message board have the same mentality as those who inhabited Jonestown[/QUOTE]

and I also continue to drink the JET-kool-aid!!!!!...............GO JETS

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424702]The point of this thread was not about wanting to go to the game and enjoying it. It is about those that have season tickets and are forced out because of an awful policy.

I agree, for those that cant go I hope you dont lose out on the tickets and can sell them to a fellow JETS fan that can enjoy it...............[/QUOTE]

I understand your view point but this has been the policy for quite a while and it doesnt look to be going anywhere. Its not like our games are getting flexed to Sunday Night and/or Monday Night every week like the Giants or Cowboys. Therefore when these opportunities do come, I look forward to them and cant wait to go

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424707]Thanks BG, you are spot on as always. Enjoy the game my fellow JETS fan!!!!![/QUOTE]

You too brother!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3424476]Well.....I'll be enjoying the fact it got moved, as now it's a National TV Game, the crown game of the week, the spotlight game. I like that the National Games late are moved to be the best or most important games.

It also means I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home, on my couch and watching my nice HDTV, rather than having to go to the bar as I usually do. For not-wealthy or poorly Satellite serviced out-of-town fans, this is a godsend.

If it's vital that the Jets operate around teh schedule of your little girls, I suggest you get as many games in early int he year in future seasons as you can, as this policy isn't going away. It's good for the NFL, it's good for the Network Partners, and the NFL is a business first, regardless of what we might wish to think.

At teh end of the day, if one feels they cannot support crazy stadium prices and gametime changes, the answer is (as it alwasy is) to vote with your wallet. If everyone feels as you do, the team will suffer, and policies will be changed. If the masses do not agree, and the tickets get sold and used anyway....well, maybe the league isn't here to service it's little girl fans first, above all others.

Sorry Copernicus, I just cannot agree with you today. I simply cannot picture Green Bay Fans or Redskins Fans complaining the way Jets fans do when it comes to these kinds of issues.[/QUOTE]

I undertsand copernicus's point.

It does not make the game a family oriented event moving it to 8:20 pm at night. Having 4 kids of my own, I understand his sentiment.

The reality is, the NFL is only worried about T.V. ratings and making money.

There was a time when an average working class guy could go to Jets games and get decent seats at reasonable prices, unfortunately that time has come to pass.

I also understand Fish's point because I too am glad that the Jets will be getting some national media coverage, hopefully they will take care of business Sunday night against the Bengals and make us all proud.

For me, I let my kids enjoy the next best thing, which is my 50" Samsung HDTV with Sunday Ticket and I don't have to listen or worry about all the obnoxious drunk people in the stands, or paying the ridiculous ticket & parking prices which in my case also eliminates airfare as I would have to fly to New York to watch the Jets play home games.

I do take in the stadium experience when the Jets come down here to play the Dolphins but that's only once a season and it's in a hostile environment to boot.

That being said, if the Jets by some miracle made it to the superbowl, I would definitely find a way to get there.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 12-29-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

The NFL cares NADA about us.

Going to a game is almost anti climactic. the TV time outs are a JOKE.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424688]I feel your pain doggin, having a family with young kids....[/QUOTE]

I think the trouble, and it's one that recurrent in many debates over the modern era, is that the World does not, in fact, revolve around kids.

Their access to an NFL football game (or more accurately, their parents issues with having them get *gasp* COLD! or worse, *gasp* Stay up LATE! On a SCHOOL NITE NO LESS!) is simply not as vital as some seem to think.

Children are becoming more and more sheltered, more and more overprotected by zealous paranoid parents, more and more put first and above all things (no hunny, mom and dad won't go see the Jets without you, I'll just complain on the forum!). It's a bit crazy, frankly. In years past, parents would simply go to the game and shockingly leave their little rug-rats at home.

Now, many would never even think of that, a babysitter!!! No way!

It's the same kind of silliness that has led, in the planning of my wedding, to have to worry about what time of year it's held, as close relatives will simply not take their brats out of school for a single DAY, for fear of.....well, honestly I'm not sure what. Ruining the Education lives I suppose. Taking them away from Soccer for one day (as if it mattered). Who knows.

Today's Culture isn't just Kid Centric, its Kid Obsessed, with everything so often being "Won't anyone think of MY Children!" the rallying cry of the day.

Here is an idea.....find a babysitter, leave the Kids at home just this once, and use your tickets to watch your Jets. I assure you, the Kids will survive, and so will you.

P.S. If we want to complain about a serious and legitimate issue, let’s talk about Drunks and Drunk Tailgaters Who Attend Only to get Drunk, Drunker and Drunkest.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-29-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424451]Anyone in NYC step outside today? FRIGGID, down right dangerous to be outside.

How obnoxious that the game Sunday is moved to 8:20 PM?

Anyone going to the game with their kids are suspect to exposing them to FRIGGID (and possibly deadly) tempertures all for the sake of greed.

Only to make the rich get richer at everyone elses expense.

As a father of two little girls who love sports I would be livid if I had tickets for a 1 o'clock game and it was moved to 8 pm.

Factor in how cold it will be and that it is a work/school night and this becomes a recipe for many no shows and a dangerous situations.

You buy a ticket for a specific time and just like that it can be moved and inconvience everyone, all for the sake of the greed. The NFL and networks should be held accountable but will never.

It is actions like this that have forced me to "draw the line" when it comes to attending live sporting events anymore.

I will not go unless the ticket is free, and even then I am hesitant because of al the other expenses.

$25 dollar parking? Really?

PSL's? Really?

$6 Hot Dogs? Really?

$4 water? Really?

$5 soda? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to be injured by paper airplanes? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to abusive language? Really?

And now, to plan a Sunday with my family only for it to be ruined at a moments notice over nothing but greed is abusive to all fans.

Will there ever be a day where most people draw line?

I think its closer than ever

Pathetic[/QUOTE]

how much do hotdogs and water cost at the bronx zoo?

you can choose to stay at home or go - the jets have bet that enough people will go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;3424763]+1

The NFL cares NADA about [B]us.[/B]

Going to a game is almost anti climactic. the TV time outs are a JOKE.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by us?

The season ticket holder? Yeah I can see why you would be upset about the flex-schedule. But NBC shelled out a crapload of $$$ to the NFL to ensure the best possible game on week 17, which is a great thing for most NFL fans, imagine having to be stuck with a game like the Cardinals-Packers where both teams have nothing to play for?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is a very disappointing thread... you guys have GOT to be kidding me..

Did you not know it was going to be cold when you purchased football tickets for a January 3rd game and invited your kids to come along? What is the difference in temperature from a 1pm or 4pm game as opposed to an 8pm game.. 12 degrees? Football is played in the winter - outside - in the cold... Bundle the kids up.. put extra layers on them.. a couple extra pairs of socks.. gloves.. a hat.. hand warmers.. a heavy winter jacket... and bring them along! It's not going to be "deadly" cold - that is just a ridiculous statement - unless you don't dress them properly and in that case - it would be YOUR FAULT...

Stop complaining... it's a freakin' home playoff game.. this game is THE REASON you buy your season tix in the first place!!!!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I'm ecstatic over this decision. I'm leaving for Aruba on Saturday, so now I am guaranteed to see the game at a sports bar. I have an excuse to pack a Jets jersey now too, to wear to the bar.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i sort of agree with you warfish.. i do think alot of parents are over protective of their children today. but society has changed to make them this way. as for the kids missing school for something.. i have let my kids miss school for things, like when their grandparents would come to visit.

as for missing extra activities. my son missed his basketball game b/c he had a christmas play at school, as well as my daughter missing cheerleading practice b/c i made her attend this also.

i think that is a another reason marriages fail. the adults dont do anything without the children except go to work. there is nothing wrong with actually going out with your spouse on a 'date' without your children.