Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3424522]If there are a lot of no shows Sunday night that will also give feedback to the league not to mess this way especially in cold weather venues in January.[/QUOTE]

Lol, no.

I guarantee you, the only feedback they'll take from no-shows Sunday will be the same old "shrug, Jets Fans Suck compared to Green Bay, Washington, et. al.".

I assure you, if this were most Cold Weather Teams playing a win-and-in game in prime-time, attendance would not be a problem. Well....maybe Detriot it might, but who knows, they haven't been in this spot in ages.

There is a reason Miami and New York fans have a bad rep round the league, and this kind of whining is one part of that.

The PSL the Flex schedule the ticket prices..............

Remember the cartoons where one character is taken by another and the poor shills head is morphed into a giant lollipop with the word sucker across it?

That what the NFL does to their Season ticket holders.

The cold is no problem, its moving the game to 8:20 on a Sunday that ends a Holiday week.

Did you know that the business day directly following Jan 1st is historically the day with the least amount of absenteeism from the work place? DUH!

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3424522]Copernicus you are dead on. Sports leagues now cater to the tv fan more then the live attendee. Was not that way when we were kids. TV timeouts? Isn't it great to keep you exposed to the elements so that stations can put on their adds?

Let's face it. It's the reality of today and buyer of tickets beware. I do believe though there is negative feedback to the teams with their prices, psl's and flex schedules. If there are a lot of no shows Sunday night that will also give feedback to the league not to mess this way especially in cold weather venues in January.

STH sales for many teams are going down and probably more will in the future. The secondary markets are growing and are more viable. In the future people will pick and choose their games more carefully and be less inclined to be a STHer.

Not good news for psl values but that's the direction it is going.[/QUOTE]

Thanks QJF, I think many of our fellow posters are missing my point. I love the elements of pro football. I hate dome stadiums and if I choose to sit in the stadium at 8 pm to enjoy my JETS I will pay the money to do so, I just dont want that dictated to me. It's why I rarely go to live sporting events anymore. I have drawn my line...............

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3424522]Copernicus you are dead on. Sports leagues now cater to the tv fan more then the live attendee. Was not that way when we were kids. TV timeouts? Isn't it great to keep you exposed to the elements so that stations can put on their adds?

Let's face it. It's the reality of today and buyer of tickets beware. I do believe though there is negative feedback to the teams with their prices, psl's and flex schedules. If there are a lot of no shows Sunday night that will also give feedback to the league not to mess this way especially in cold weather venues in January.

STH sales for many teams are going down and probably more will in the future. The secondary markets are growing and are more viable. In the future people will pick and choose their games more carefully and be less inclined to be a sth
    Not good news for psl values but that's the direction it is going.[/QUOTE]

DAMN THAT DAMN WOODY AND HIS GAME FLEXING!!!

[QUOTE=copernicus;3424559]Some of my fellow posters here are missing my point. It is not about the cold weather!!!! I love football in the cold, and if I bought a ticket for 8pm on a Sunday night in December I'd expect it to be cold. My gripe is with the change of time and inconvieniencing all fans. Why should there be a policy to change the times of games whenever they feel like it. [B]I paid for a specific event at a specific time, how is it justified to change this time at my expense?.................[/B][/QUOTE]

No you didn't....Read the ticket.

It should say TBA for the time. On the back of the ticket it clearly states in bold, "The date and time of the game is subject to change by the NFL in accordance with its scheduling policies........"
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-29-2009 at 11:39 AM.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;3424516]If you plan on bringing kids to a Jets game, and it gets switched from 1 PM to 8 PM, the cold should be the least of your worries.

For those who hate the drunk contingent at the day games, the problem is magnified at the night games.[/QUOTE]

+1. Couldnt agree with you more

I don't know why everyone is *****ing... I LOVE the fact that this is a night game. I'm going to the game...who cares if it's -50 degrees..If your a TRUE Jets fan...you would not care about the enviormental circumstances... this is a PLAYOFF GAME essentially!!! What is wrong with everyone????

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=copernicus;3424576] I have drawn my line...............[/QUOTE]

Is that line drawn in snow or Ice??:P

All League
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424559]Some of my fellow posters here are missing my point. It is not about the cold weather!!!! I love football in the cold, and if I bought a ticket for 8pm on a Sunday night in December I'd expect it to be cold. My gripe is with the change of time and inconvieniencing all fans. Why should there be a policy to change the times of games whenever they feel like it. I paid for a specific event at a specific time, how is it justified to change this time at my expense?.................[/QUOTE]

The only thing you can do to avoid it is buy a ticket for earlier in the season.

It was given as a gift, unfortunately your SOL, but at least it didn't come out of pocket

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3424571]Lol, no.

I guarantee you, the only feedback they'll take from no-shows Sunday will be the same old "shrug, Jets Fans Suck compared to Green Bay, Washington, et. al.".

[B]I assure you, if this were most Cold Weather Teams playing a win-and-in game in prime-time, attendance would not be a problem. Well....maybe Detriot it might, but who knows, they haven't been in this spot in ages[/B].

There is a reason Miami and New York fans have a bad rep round the league, and this kind of whining is one part of that.[/QUOTE]
    first, detroit plays in a dome, but most of their fanbase is in the burbs and probably couldnt get into downtown for a game if they had a major snow storm.

i have sat out in the rain(miami game) and snow to watch games. although i wouldnt take my children to a game in those conditions. if my son goes to a game i usually try to take him in sept/oct before it gets too cold. unless its the ravens game...

[QUOTE=C Mart;3424579]No you didn't....Read the ticket.

It should say TBA for the time. On the back of the ticket is clearly states in bold, "The date and time of the game is subject to change by the NFL in accordance with its scheduling policies........"[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected C Mart. Good point. Wasnt like that back in the day. Does the ticket say 1 pm on the front and then on the back in small print say "subject to change?" Awful policy for the fans...............

[QUOTE=Warfish;3424571]Lol, no.

I assure you, if this were most Cold Weather Teams playing a win-and-in game in prime-time, attendance would not be a problem. Well....maybe Detriot it might, but who knows, they haven't been in this spot in ages.

There is a reason Miami and New York fans have a bad rep round the league, and this kind of whining is one part of that.[/QUOTE]
    LOL You are right. Watching the game in Chicago last night and seeing the full house on a real cold night made me think what it would look like if it were a meaningless Jet home game with the same weather conditions.

Maybe they should put an exception in the flex rule just for the Jets in Dec. and Jan? :D

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets, predicted to win six games by most of the naysayers and experts, with their rookie head coach and their rookie quarterback are playing what is essentiially for them the first round of the NFL postseason on national television AT HOME next Sunday at 8:30.

Yet, of course, here are the gloom and doomers to whine, complain and piss on the cornflakes because it will be COLD in December.

thankfully our team and our coach are better than some of our "fans"

Veteran
    LOL deadly temperatures... layer...

i dono about you, but when i was a kid i lovedddd late games with my dad. there was always more traffic for some reason and we woud get to stay out later n we could spend more time together.

but really... deadly temperatures?

Jets Insider VIP
    deadly temperatures??

people go skiing when it is 20 below zero and windy

wear a frigging coat already and stop the whining

[QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3424588]The only thing you can do to avoid it is buy a ticket for earlier in the season.

It was given as a gift, unfortunately your SOL, but at least it didn't come out of pocket[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response NYJCAP2 (and everyone for that matter) I will not be attending Sunday nights game. I havent gone to a game all year. Less and less as the years go by. When I would here others who had more life experience than me state "eventually you'll draw the line when it comes to pro sports as to what you wil tolerate and pay for" I didnt truely understand it until recently............

Veteran
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424592]I stand corrected C Mart. Good point. Wasnt like that back in the day. Does the ticket say 1 pm on the front and then on the back in small print say "subject to change?" [B]Awful policy for the uninformed fan...............[/B][/QUOTE]

fixt

[QUOTE=sg3;3424602]
    people go skiing when it is 20 below zero and windy

wear a frigging coat already and stop the whining[/QUOTE]
    no, no they don't

[QUOTE=Savage69;3424586]Is that line drawn in snow or Ice??:P[/QUOTE]

Nice one SAVAGE :yes:..................and thanks for contributing to the thread

All League
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;3424566]Let's face it. People who come here and post are more likely to be die hards who would go to the game no matter what the weather is and what time it is played.

Unfortunately for the Jets there are not 70K people like that in the NY metro area. That's why we lead the league in no shows.[/QUOTE]

I do wonder how many people who had tickets to the game at 1pm now can't go because it's at 8pm.