Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424451]Anyone in NYC step outside today? FRIGGID, down right dangerous to be outside.

How obnoxious that the game Sunday is moved to 8:20 PM?

Anyone going to the game with their kids are suspect to exposing them to FRIGGID (and possibly deadly) tempertures all for the sake of greed.

Only to make the rich get richer at everyone elses expense.

As a father of two little girls who love sports I would be livid if I had tickets for a 1 o'clock game and it was moved to 8 pm.

Factor in how cold it will be and that it is a work/school night and this becomes a recipe for many no shows and a dangerous situations.

You buy a ticket for a specific time and just like that it can be moved and inconvience everyone, all for the sake of the greed. The NFL and networks should be held accountable but will never.

It is actions like this that have forced me to "draw the line" when it comes to attending live sporting events anymore.

I will not go unless the ticket is free, and even then I am hesitant because of al the other expenses.

$25 dollar parking? Really?

PSL's? Really?

$6 Hot Dogs? Really?

$4 water? Really?

$5 soda? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to be injured by paper airplanes? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to abusive language? Really?

And now, to plan a Sunday with my family only for it to be ruined at a moments notice over nothing but greed is abusive to all fans.

Will there ever be a day where most people draw line?

I think its closer than ever

Pathetic[/QUOTE]
    You have got to be kidding, this is big business, not the circus. I went to games when I was young too, thats where you learn, especially at this time of year, this is no place for children. GO JETS!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't you think that the man who first postulated the heliocentric model of the solar system could at least spell FRIGID correctly?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you plan on bringing kids to a Jets game, and it gets switched from 1 PM to 8 PM, the cold should be the least of your worries.

For those who hate the drunk contingent at the day games, the problem is magnified at the night games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I CANT WAIT to go.

Neither can my 8 year old son!! Gonna be nice and cold, real football weather, very much looking forward to it. Huge game for the Jets, glad I am going to be there to be a part of it.

Going with brats this week, pep/onions, and hotdogs. Will bring in the hand warmers, blanket, and a couple extra Jets fleeces, all to bundle up the kid if he needs it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Copernicus you are dead on. Sports leagues now cater to the tv fan more then the live attendee. Was not that way when we were kids. TV timeouts? Isn't it great to keep you exposed to the elements so that stations can put on their adds?

Let's face it. It's the reality of today and buyer of tickets beware. I do believe though there is negative feedback to the teams with their prices, psl's and flex schedules. If there are a lot of no shows Sunday night that will also give feedback to the league not to mess this way especially in cold weather venues in January.

STH sales for many teams are going down and probably more will in the future. The secondary markets are growing and are more viable. In the future people will pick and choose their games more carefully and be less inclined to be a STHer.

Not good news for psl values but that's the direction it is going.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    football is meant to be played in the cold and elements.. if you dont like that... then go to a dome and watch a team.

i do agree about this flex thing. what if someone had plans to fly in from out west to see a game and then you change it on them.. do you realize what a pain in the ass it is to change airplane tickets....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3424476]Well.....I'll be enjoying the fact it got moved, as now it's a National TV Game, the crown game of the week, the spotlight game. I like that the National Games late are moved to be the best or most important games.

It also means I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home, on my couch and watching my nice HDTV, rather than having to go to the bar as I usually do. For not-wealthy or poorly Satellite serviced out-of-town fans, this is a godsend.

If it's vital that the Jets operate around teh schedule of your little girls, I suggest you get as many games in early int he year in future seasons as you can, as this policy isn't going away. It's good for the NFL, it's good for the Network Partners, and the NFL is a business first, regardless of what we might wish to think.

At teh end of the day, if one feels they cannot support crazy stadium prices and gametime changes, the answer is (as it alwasy is) to vote with your wallet. If everyone feels as you do, the team will suffer, and policies will be changed. If the masses do not agree, and the tickets get sold and used anyway....well, maybe the league isn't here to service it's little girl fans first, above all others.

Sorry Copernicus, I just cannot agree with you today. I simply cannot picture Green Bay Fans or Redskins Fans complaining the way Jets fans do when it comes to these kinds of issues.[/QUOTE]

I agree with much of what you have written Warfish but you may be missing my point. It is not about my "little girls" or it being cold. Its about inconvieniencing all fans with the ability too change the time of a game after the ticket has been purchased. It is sad to think that many OUR JETS fans are now put out because of greed.

I understand that it is cold in Decemeber, I make that choice in advance whether or not I want to sit in the cold. I also understand that if I plan ahead of time and purchase a ticket in advance for 1 pm, the game should be played at 1 pm or I should be compensated for it if I cant go.

As far as Green Bay or Redskins fans not complaining about this I respectfully beg to differ.

Do they not work? Have hectic personal schedules or obligations that they must attend to? To they have more free time than others where games can be moved and it doesnt inconvience them?

This is not about tougher fans or die hards. Its about the over the top greed that is killing the game experience.
    Please understand, I am not complaining about my "little girls" attending a game. It is a much bigger picture.

If fans keep getting dumped on and stop attending games then we all may not be able to sit in the comforts of our homes to enjoy our favorite team on HDTV. (like I will on Sunday night)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3424523][B]football is meant to be played in the cold and elements..[/B] if you dont like that... then go to a dome and watch a team.

i do agree about this flex thing. what if someone had plans to fly in from out west to see a game and then you change it on them.. do you realize what a pain in the ass it is to change airplane tickets....[/QUOTE]

Then why doesn't the season start mid-November and run through mid-March?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3424497][B]As far as the cold goes, take off your freaking skirt you girl.[/B]

The paper airplanes are a joke, same with the other douchebag fans at the stadium, but suck it up when it comes to the cold.

With how much people on here ***** about cold temperatures, you'd wonder how anyone can exist in cities like Green Bay.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Cop but I'm with this guy.

This is average temperature for NY this time of year. CHI Was definitely colder last night than this Sunday Night will be. And cold and dry is 10x better than cold and wet.

It's one freakin day, sorry the NFL had to break your precious routine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gametime temperature forcast is about 28 degrees, no wind. Not bad at all. Dress in multiple layers, wear warm socks and boots, you'll be fine.

What pisses me off is one of my buddies I'm goin to the game with says "Oh, its an 8:20 game now and not a 1pm game? I can't go, I gotta work on Monday"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;3424511]You have got to be kidding, this is big business, not the circus. I went to games when I was young too, thats where you learn, especially at this time of year, this is no place for children. GO JETS!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

BINGO!! You went to games when you were young. That is the point my friend. Game times were NEVER changed so your parents/ loved ones could introduce you to this great game. You were able to go because someone who loved you planned ahead and purchased a ticket and began a lifetime of cheering on your favorite team. Some fans will be put out on Sunday night because of a change that was out of there hands. Imagine if it were the only opportunity this year for that family to see the game? Money down the drain and more importantly an experience that could lead to a future season ticket holder.

But I guess, Oh well..................

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VivaSanchez;3424515]Wouldn't you think that the man who first postulated the heliocentric model of the solar system could at least spell FRIGID correctly?[/QUOTE]

No spell check back in my day........................

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3424531]Then why doesn't the season start mid-November and run through mid-March?[/QUOTE]
    you cant do that b/c cbs would lose too much money from college basketball :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    be mad at the NFL, not the Jets.

sh*t happens...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, the best part of football sundays is sitting at home and watching all the games on a flatsreen HD, in climate controlled temperature with beer only a few seconds away.

It sucks if you have tickets to the game, but the flex scheduling is great for the average NFL fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3424550]you cant do that b/c cbs would lose too much money from college basketball :D[/QUOTE]

Good point! :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of my fellow posters here are missing my point. It is not about the cold weather!!!! I love football in the cold, and if I bought a ticket for 8pm on a Sunday night in December I'd expect it to be cold. My gripe is with the change of time and inconvieniencing all fans. Why should there be a policy to change the times of games whenever they feel like it. I paid for a specific event at a specific time, how is it justified to change this time at my expense?.................

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424540]BINGO!! You went to games when you were young. That is the point my friend. Game times were NEVER changed so your parents/ loved ones could introduce you to this great game. You were able to go because someone who loved you planned ahead and purchased a ticket and began a lifetime of cheering on your favorite team. Some fans will be put out on Sunday night because of a change that was out of there hands. Imagine if it were the only opportunity this year for that family to see the game? Money down the drain and more importantly an experience that could lead to a future season ticket holder.

But I guess, Oh well..................[/QUOTE]

We had a big debate about the whole flex scheduling when it first came out. Some thought it was a big deal, others didn't. That was only a few years ago and already it has become ingrained in football has become. Part of it is good in that the National audience is somewhat guaranteed of a good game. Part of it sucks in that the local people get screwed in that they may not be able to make the game.

As many have said in this thread, football is becoming more and more of a "at home, HDTV" sport. Teams need to be careful though that it doesn't militate too much in favor of the out home aspect. It may be that in 10 years, only a handful of teams will be selling out as the at home experience is simply a better one than the attending the game live. Its not such a wild concept. If that happens, my guess is that the networks will force the league to reconsider their blackout rules.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah this is not cool. I thought there was a rule that they had to announce it a few weeks in advance, not the week before. Is that another rule I'm thinking of?

I have been taking the bus or train to the games this year. The train has been good for me but I'm sure with a connection to LIRR this will be a disaster. Getting Monday off is going to be tough too but I'll make it work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;3424537]Gametime temperature forcast is about 28 degrees, no wind. Not bad at all. Dress in multiple layers, wear warm socks and boots, you'll be fine.

What pisses me off is one of my buddies I'm goin to the game with says "Oh, its an 8:20 game now and not a 1pm game? I can't go, I gotta work on Monday"[/QUOTE]
    Let's face it. People who come here and post are more likely to be die hards who would go to the game no matter what the weather is and what time it is played.

Unfortunately for the Jets there are not 70K people like that in the NY metro area. That's why we lead the league in no shows.