Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 8:20 PM Injustice

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

8:20 PM Injustice

Anyone in NYC step outside today? FRIGGID, down right dangerous to be outside.

How obnoxious that the game Sunday is moved to 8:20 PM?

Anyone going to the game with their kids are suspect to exposing them to FRIGGID (and possibly deadly) tempertures all for the sake of greed.

Only to make the rich get richer at everyone elses expense.

As a father of two little girls who love sports I would be livid if I had tickets for a 1 o'clock game and it was moved to 8 pm.

Factor in how cold it will be and that it is a work/school night and this becomes a recipe for many no shows and a dangerous situations.

You buy a ticket for a specific time and just like that it can be moved and inconvience everyone, all for the sake of the greed. The NFL and networks should be held accountable but will never.

It is actions like this that have forced me to "draw the line" when it comes to attending live sporting events anymore.

I will not go unless the ticket is free, and even then I am hesitant because of al the other expenses.

$25 dollar parking? Really?

PSL's? Really?

$6 Hot Dogs? Really?

$4 water? Really?

$5 soda? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to be injured by paper airplanes? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to abusive language? Really?

And now, to plan a Sunday with my family only for it to be ruined at a moments notice over nothing but greed is abusive to all fans.

Will there ever be a day where most people draw line?

I think its closer than ever

Pathetic

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wont someone think of the children

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol thats funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not like people aren't aware this can happen when they buy the ticket. Yeah, for some it is an inconvenience but I much prefer that they have the opportunity to flex games than to be stuck with a meaningless game for the last game of the day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect313;3424455]wont someone think of the children[/QUOTE]

Did you go to games when you were a child?

I did, I was lucky. Whenever my dad could afford to bring us he did.

Cant remember have a game time changed days before an event.

If it did, I would think my dad would be less inclined to pay for a future game. Only a sucker would.

The "children" are the next generation of season ticket holders. If they attend less games now, will they be inclined to go to games in the future?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    If Copernicus is angry, than you know there's something wrong.

That Bears game looked mighty cold last night too. Personally, I dig the cold weather games, but I wouldn't take children out in that weather.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, according to the forecast for Sunday the low temp Sunday is basically today's high without the wind...

Bring your sunscreen Sunday...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadLover;3424462]It is not like people aren't aware this can happen when they buy the ticket. Yeah, for some it is an inconvenience but I much prefer that they have the opportunity to flex games than to be stuck with a meaningless game for the last game of the day.[/QUOTE]

Understood, it is what sports is today. I dont have to agree to it. I think every season ticket holder should be outraged by it. All the money that is spent and now they want more from PSLs and this is how the consumer is treated. How pathetic.................

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey copernicus

be a man for chrissake

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well.....I'll be enjoying the fact it got moved, as now it's a National TV Game, the crown game of the week, the spotlight game. I like that the National Games late are moved to be the best or most important games.

It also means I can enjoy it from the comfort of my home, on my couch and watching my nice HDTV, rather than having to go to the bar as I usually do. For not-wealthy or poorly Satellite serviced out-of-town fans, this is a godsend.

If it's vital that the Jets operate around teh schedule of your little girls, I suggest you get as many games in early int he year in future seasons as you can, as this policy isn't going away. It's good for the NFL, it's good for the Network Partners, and the NFL is a business first, regardless of what we might wish to think.

At teh end of the day, if one feels they cannot support crazy stadium prices and gametime changes, the answer is (as it alwasy is) to vote with your wallet. If everyone feels as you do, the team will suffer, and policies will be changed. If the masses do not agree, and the tickets get sold and used anyway....well, maybe the league isn't here to service it's little girl fans first, above all others.

Sorry Copernicus, I just cannot agree with you today. I simply cannot picture Green Bay Fans or Redskins Fans complaining the way Jets fans do when it comes to these kinds of issues.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-29-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The NFL doesn't care about you. They only care about keeping their TV audience happy. That's where the money is.

The Jets don't care about you either - as long as there's a waiting list of people willing to pay more than you did for your tickets.

I was a season holder for 11 years and gave it up. Too much boring Herm-ball, too much gouging.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424469]Understood, it is what sports is today. I dont have to agree to it. I think every season ticket holder should be outraged by it. All the money that is spent and now they want more from PSLs and this is how the consumer is treated. How pathetic.................[/QUOTE]

Supply and demand, if people will pay they will continue to raise prices.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3424467]If Copernicus is angry, than you know there's something wrong.

That Bears game looked mighty cold last night too. Personally, I dig the cold weather games, but I wouldn't take children out in that weather.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Crash, I love games in the cold as well. It is a part of fottball that should always be. My problem is with the way the fans are always treated. If it is 0 degress at 1 or 4 pm there is nothing I can do about it and it is up to me to dtermine whether or not to attend the game. But when owners and the NFL asks season ticket holders to pay all these extra fees and a game can be ruined at a momnets notice is wrong.

It amazes me that others are not outraged at this.

Again, I love the prime time atention the JETS will now get and cold weather is a part of the experience of football. I just dont like the idea of the NFL playing the fans as suckers without anything in return..........

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    as a general football fan would you rather watch an 8-7 team vs a 10-5 team play with the playoffs on the line or watch a pair of 2-13 teams battle it out for the #1 pick...if you dont understand why the nfl does this then i am at a loss for words

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    bought a parking pass at ticket exchange for 20 bucks.

figure there will be no traffic going home and the train schedules on the LIRR may involve me in a full one hour wait at Penn.

back to the old way for one game

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... chill out bro !!!!! ;) ...

... it's a week away ... whatever is forecast at this point is surely wrong !!! ...

... we have a win and you're in playoff atmosphere game in week 17 ... who cares what time it's played !!! ...

... revel in the moment big guy!!! ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424451]Anyone in NYC step outside today? FRIGGID, down right dangerous to be outside.

How obnoxious that the game Sunday is moved to 8:20 PM?

Anyone going to the game with their kids are suspect to exposing them to FRIGGID (and possibly deadly) tempertures all for the sake of greed.

Only to make the rich get richer at everyone elses expense.

As a father of two little girls who love sports I would be livid if I had tickets for a 1 o'clock game and it was moved to 8 pm.

Factor in how cold it will be and that it is a work/school night and this becomes a recipe for many no shows and a dangerous situations.

You buy a ticket for a specific time and just like that it can be moved and inconvience everyone, all for the sake of the greed. The NFL and networks should be held accountable but will never.

It is actions like this that have forced me to "draw the line" when it comes to attending live sporting events anymore.

I will not go unless the ticket is free, and even then I am hesitant because of al the other expenses.

$25 dollar parking? Really?

PSL's? Really?

$6 Hot Dogs? Really?

$4 water? Really?

$5 soda? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to be injured by paper airplanes? Really?

Subjecting my kids and self to abusive language? Really?

And now, to plan a Sunday with my family only for it to be ruined at a moments notice over nothing but greed is abusive to all fans.

Will there ever be a day where most people draw line?

I think its closer than ever

Pathetic[/QUOTE]

As far as the cold goes, take off your freaking skirt you girl.

The paper airplanes are a joke, same with the other douchebag fans at the stadium, but suck it up when it comes to the cold.

With how much people on here ***** about cold temperatures, you'd wonder how anyone can exist in cities like Green Bay.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;3424464]Did you go to games when you were a child?

I did, I was lucky. Whenever my dad could afford to bring us he did.

[B]Cant remember have a game time changed days before an event.[/B]

If it did, I would think my dad would be less inclined to pay for a future game. Only a sucker would.

The "children" are the next generation of season ticket holders. If they attend less games now, will they be inclined to go to games in the future?[/QUOTE]

I've always had a problem with the concept of the "flex schedule". Totally understand and get that the almighty dollar trumps all and that NBC paid good money for the right to broadcast Sunday Night Football, but fans very often make plans to come in from a long ways away and having 12 days notice to reschedule is sometimes untenable. Not everyone is a STH. Sometimes a family of 4 plans to go to a game and is driving down from Upstate NY to see their one game of the year. Having the game flexed to a night game essentially prohibits them from going to the game as the kids have school and parents have work.

I understand the rationale behind it, I just think it sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dcJet;3424479]The NFL doesn't care about you. They only care about keeping their TV audience happy. That's where the money is.

The Jets don't care about you either - [B]as long as there's a waiting list of people willing to pay more than you did for your tickets.[/B]

I was a season holder for 11 years and gave it up. Too much boring Herm-ball, too much gouging.[/QUOTE]

The waiting list is gone....Anyone that wants season tickets can get them

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    cold is never a problem

just take all the clothes you own and put them on and you'll be fine