Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Sunday

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    4pm sounds like the plan for many....that's what I was thinking too.

I'm not worried about the cold...I'm more concerned with the 3rd quarter ending at midnight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3426260]We should be showing up around 2:30-3PM. Gonna bring the smoker and get busy as soon as I pull up :yes:[/QUOTE]

You can get in that early??? I alway get screwed trying to get in before the 5Hr. limit, which I guess would be 3:20...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember the lot doesn't open until 3 PM...5 hours is all they will give us for tailgating...

Tent, Space Heater, and Generator Light all ready for tailgate...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;3426260]We should be showing up around 2:30-3PM. Gonna bring the smoker and get busy as soon as I pull up :yes:[/QUOTE]

will they let you in that early? I thought they were enforcing the 5 hour rule this year. If kickoff is 8:20, will they let you in before 3:20ish?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3426266]You can get in that early??? I alway get screwed trying to get in before the 5Hr. limit, which I guess would be 3:20...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;3426268]Remember the lot doesn't open until 3 PM...5 hours is all they will give us for tailgating...

Tent, Space Heater, and Generator Light all ready for tailgate...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=crasherino;3426269]will they let you in that early? I thought they were enforcing the 5 hour rule this year. If kickoff is 8:20, will they let you in before 3:20ish?[/QUOTE]

And the tie goes to FLAGMAN!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going to get there around 8:15 will probably get to the seats around 8:40 or so. Will probably leave around 8 minute mark of the third quarter if the game is close. If its a blow out we will be gone by halftime. At least thats the consensus of the 23 people I go with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3426263]I'm currently in negotiations with my wife. Its my niece/nephews joint birthday on Sunday (rescheduled from the snow storm a couple of weeks ago). How important is it for an uncle to be at a kids birthday party? They won't even know I'm not there, right? Unfortunately, I don't really have an ally in my bro-in-law....he doesn't quite get the whole "going to the game and getting there 5 hours before" thing.

I'm not sure if my regular crew is going all out for this one, so I'm not going to play all my cards until I know whats up. If its game on for the tailgate, I expect to be there at 4:30/5. If not, I'll probably just get there around 7, have a beer or two with some other folks, and win some family points.[/QUOTE]

family points get you nothing....don't mean to change the subject but....you think next family affair you'll be able to say "I'm not going because I went to Johnny's 3rd birthday six months ago." Unfortunately, you're doomed like the rest of us.;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lorwood;3426276]Going to get there around 8:15 will probably get to the seats around 8:40 or so. Will probably leave around 8 minute mark of the third quarter if the game is close. If its a blow out we will be gone by halftime. At least thats the consensus of the 23 people I go with.[/QUOTE]

you guys sound like fun.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JFB;3426277]family points get you nothing....don't mean to change the subject but....you think next family affair you'll be able to say "I'm not going because I went to Johnny's 3rd birthday six months ago." Unfortunately, you're doomed like the rest of us.;)[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right with regard to the family. They think I'm a degenerate football fan and gambler no matter what. But my wife is a pretty cool chick. If I spin it that I'm missing the tailgate in favor of the birthday party (if/when the tailgate doesn't materialize), I'll get points from her, and she is my only real concern anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3426293]You're absolutely right with regard to the family. They think I'm a degenerate football fan and gambler no matter what. But my wife is a pretty cool chick. If I spin it that I'm missing the tailgate in favor of the birthday party (if/when the tailgate doesn't materialize), I'll get points from her, and she is my only real concern anyway.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="3"]Never can win with family, but they have to know its only 8 out of 52 Sundays or 8 out of 104 weekend days or 8 out of 365 days a year.....[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flagman5A;3426266]You can get in that early??? I alway get screwed trying to get in before the 5Hr. limit, which I guess would be 3:20...[/QUOTE]

OK...closer to 3:30 then ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    locations, locations, locations!!!

we panhandling shnorrers need locations

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;3426263]I'm currently in negotiations with my wife. Its my niece/nephews joint birthday on Sunday (rescheduled from the snow storm a couple of weeks ago). How important is it for an uncle to be at a kids birthday party? They won't even know I'm not there, right? Unfortunately, I don't really have an ally in my bro-in-law....he doesn't quite get the whole "going to the game and getting there 5 hours before" thing.

I'm not sure if my regular crew is going all out for this one, so I'm not going to play all my cards until I know whats up. If its game on for the tailgate, I expect to be there at 4:30/5. If not, I'll probably just get there around 7, have a beer or two with some other folks, and win some family points.[/QUOTE]

My father, uncle and I went to the Jets/Patriots Playoff game back in January 86...4 PM start and my sisters sweet 16 party was at 8...we were late to the party, but we made it...

And no one got divorced or killed over it...At least my family knows where they stand when it comes to birthdays and the Jets...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am getting jealous. cant make the game, travelling to Texas for work on Sunday.

everyone enjoy and be loud.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3426349]locations, locations, locations!!!

we panhandling shnorrers need locations[/QUOTE]

COME BY 5A BY THE FLAGS ON THE ISLAND

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the NewYorkJets.com official twitter page, the lots open at 3:30, so I will be there at 3:15, 3:30. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3426349]locations, locations, locations!!!

we panhandling shnorrers need locations[/QUOTE]14F right next to gate D. White Jets bus. I'll save you a DeFazio but you need to get there early before it gets cold. Flagman5A won the JI Tailgate contest last year, but my guys were serious contenders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3426469]14F right next to gate D. White Jets bus. I'll save you a DeFazio but you need to get there early before it gets cold. Flagman5A won the JI Tailgate contest last year, but my guys were serious contenders.[/QUOTE]

Got 2nd : ( I will try to swing by Sunday....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    TAILGATING HELP NEEDED:

IM 18 and Im heading to the game with my brother who is 16. My dad cant make it. We want to set up a TV at our tailgate to watch some 4PM Games.

What do I need to get the TV set up and working?
    Any advice is appreciated?

Thanks guys

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;3426575]TAILGATING HELP NEEDED:

IM 18 and Im heading to the game with my brother who is 16. My dad cant make it. We want to set up a TV at our tailgate to watch some 4PM Games.

What do I need to get the TV set up and working?
    Any advice is appreciated?

Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

I asked this same question a long while back. the best answer I got was the slingbox option (I think).

Btw, when I started reading your thread, I thought you were going to hit someone up for booze.