Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tailgating Sunday

[QUOTE=OneTime;3427911]Flagman, you sound like you have some expertise here so would like to get your thoughts...

I have been using tests at the games for years (Quick Shade)... in the past I had a 10x10 and never remember having any problems with the wind (only has to use the 5lb weights on the legs)... I recently upgraded (so I thought) to a new 12x12 model which has a much higher center top. And since using this one I have all kinds of problems in the wind to the point where I don't even set it up anymore... especially not with the sides which seems to make matters worse. I get there when gates open so I have a spot on the grass next to the fence which would give me options of staking and tying to the fence. I have looked at what others do (hanging weighs, tying to cars, etc).

Would appreciate your thoughts on the best approach... will definitely want to use it with the sides and heater this week. Thanks!![/QUOTE]

The 12 by 12 quik shade sucks. We replaced ours once due to a broken leg and at the atlanta game, which imo wasnt that windy, 3 of the legs bent in the wind and we had to return it. We even left gaps in the side curtains so some wind could come through and it didnt help.

If the wind sunday is really 20+mph, prob better not to put up a tent at all, unless you have the cinder block setup mentioned before or can anchor it to something very very strong.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;3427940]The 12 by 12 quik shade sucks. We replaced ours once due to a broken leg and at the atlanta game, which imo wasnt that windy, 3 of the legs bent in the wind and we had to return it. We even left gaps in the side curtains so some wind could come through and it didnt help.

If the wind sunday is really 20+mph, prob better not to put up a tent at all, unless you have the cinder block setup mentioned before or can anchor it to something very very strong.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem with the 12x12... I think due to the very high center top (takes too much wind)... the legs on mine bent last year in the last game of the season...

Sounds like I will go with the old reliable 10x10 Sunday with bungee cords and cinder blocks... if it breaks it stays in the lot, it's given me 5 good years.

There is another brand "Caravan" which is similar to the Quick Shade but appears to made a bit better... I may have to upgrade next year.

Practice Squad

Goin' in Style

Gotta give the swamp a proper sendoff. Will be in the queue to enter the lot by 3p. Will give me time to finish food prep and ensure a spot next to the light pole to anchor the tent.

Best thing about these games? No need for ice!

Be there at 3:00 sharp. Hot toddys and plenty of beers, pastrami on ryes from Katz's, and my homemade slow-smoked baby back ribs. Can't wait!