Thread: Cincinnati @ Jets ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Cincinnati @ Jets ~ ~ ~

Week 17 matchup tidbits
    by PFW staff - Dec. 29, 2009

Here's a roundup of interesting facts and figures for the Week 17 matchups. Statistics and rankings don't include the Vikings-Bears Monday-night game.

~ ~ Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets

CIN 20th OFF; NYJ 1st DEF

CIN 6th RUN; NYJ 9th VS. RUN

CIN 22nd PASS; NYJ 1st VS. PASS

CIN 18th PTS; NYJ 1st PTS ALLOWED

NYJ 21st OFF; CIN 4th DEF

NYJ 1st RUN; CIN 2nd VS. RUN

NYJ 30th PASS; CIN 14th VS. PASS

NYJ 17th PTS; CIN 5th PTS ALLOWED

CIN t-12th TO/TA; NYJ t-18th TO/TA

CIN 8-2 WHEN CEDRIC BENSON RUSHES FOR 74 YDS OR MORE.

CIN HAS LOST 3 OF ITS LAST 4 AGAINST NYJ.

CIN HAS HELD TEAMS TO 92 YDS RUSHING OR LESS IN 9 OF LAST 11 GAMES.

NYJ RB THOMAS JONES IS 12 RUSHING YDS AWAY FROM SETTING CAREER HIGH.

NYJ HAVE 2 OR MORE SACKS IN 8 OF THEIR LAST 9 GAMES.

NYJ ARE 3-4 AT HOME THIS SEASON.

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/12/29/week-17-matchup-tidbits-2[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    O-C-H-O … Ocho! Bengal wants Jets fans to cheer
    Posted: December 30th, 2009

The Jets have a chance to reach the playoffs with a win over the Bengals this weekend. Cincinnati has a chance to grab the AFC’s No. 3 playoff seed with a win in New York.So fittingly, Bengals WR Chad Ochocinco’s conference call with the New York media Wednesday was peppered with questions about his planned touchdown celebration should he happen to score on Jets shutdown CB Darrelle Revis. Three times he was asked, in fact.

Ochocinco, of course, didn’t disappoint. The outspoken receiver said he had a custom fireman’s helmet made, must like that of famed Jets fan Fireman Ed. And he plans on using it.“I had this planned in the offseason,” Ochocinco said. “All I could think about is the guy who gets on the big guys’ shoulders and he quiets the stadium and does the Jets-Jets-Jets thing. Hopefully the fans of New York will give me the same respect. When I score, I’m going to get on my lineman’s shoulders and I’m going to quiet the stadium. I want everybody to say Ocho, O-C-H-O.”

But Ochocinco knows that getting into the end zone will not be easy. He said his matchup with Revis is “better than (Manny) Pacquiao and (Floyd) Mayweather.” (But thankfully for us, it will be on free television.)And after the gratuitous smack talk, Ochocinco said he has a lot of respect for Revis, calling him “Master Lock” and claiming that the Jets’ corner was one of the best in the game. Revis has shut down some of the NFL’s top receivers, including Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, et al. Colts WR Reggie Wayne had just three receptions for 33 yards against Revis in limited action last week.And could the Bengals’ starters sit out this weekend like the Colts’ first-stringers did in Week 16?

Ochocinco said he was assured by coach Marvin Lewis that the Bengals would play to win.“If Revis is in there, I’m in the game,” Ochocinco said. “I’m not coming out.”

> [url]http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/30/o-c-h-o-ocho-bengal-wants-jets-fans-to-cheer/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    fyi :

1st 70,000 fans get a rally towel sunday night @ the bengals game

> [url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...s-bengals-game[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;3426257]Week 17 matchup tidbits
    by PFW staff - Dec. 29, 2009

Here's a roundup of interesting facts and figures for the Week 17 matchups. Statistics and rankings don't include the Vikings-Bears Monday-night game.

CIN 20th OFF; NYJ 1st DEF

[B]CIN 6th RUN; NYJ 9th VS. RUN[/B]

CIN 22nd PASS; NYJ 1st VS. PASS

CIN 18th PTS; NYJ 1st PTS ALLOWED

NYJ 21st OFF; CIN 4th DEF

[B]NYJ 1st RUN; CIN 2nd VS. RUN[/B]NYJ 30th PASS; CIN 14th VS. PASS

NYJ 17th PTS; CIN 5th PTS ALLOWED

CIN t-12th TO/TA; NYJ t-18th TO/TA

CIN 8-2 WHEN CEDRIC BENSON RUSHES FOR 74 YDS OR MORE.

CIN HAS LOST 3 OF ITS LAST 4 AGAINST NYJ.

CIN HAS HELD TEAMS TO 92 YDS RUSHING OR LESS IN 9 OF LAST 11 GAMES.

NYJ RB THOMAS JONES IS 12 RUSHING YDS AWAY FROM SETTING CAREER HIGH.

NYJ HAVE 2 OR MORE SACKS IN 8 OF THEIR LAST 9 GAMES.

NYJ ARE 3-4 AT HOME THIS SEASON.

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/12/29/week-17-matchup-tidbits-2[/url][/QUOTE]

these 2 stats are troubling if cinncy plays full speed..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ryan10;3427114]these 2 stats are troubling if cinncy plays full speed..[/QUOTE]
    agreed &
    i think we will not see another " pulling of the starters " . . ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets booze ban for Sunday game irks New Jersey vodka maker
    By Evan Buxbaum, CNN
    January 1, 2010

> [url]http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/01/01/jets.booze.ban/index.html[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all due respect, Kelly or Keller...all of the topics you posted above have been discussed ad nauseum on this site over the past several days. Not only that, but creating a thread, posting a link title and pasting said link doesn't really constitute adding to the boards here. You rarely provide input here other copying/pasting, so what do you think about tomorrow's game?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3430267]With all due respect, Kelly or Keller...all of the topics you posted above have been discussed ad nauseum on this site over the past several days. Not only that, but creating a thread, posting a link title and pasting said link doesn't really constitute adding to the boards here. You rarely provide input here other copying/pasting, so what do you think about tomorrow's game?[/QUOTE]
    win & we're in . . ;)

p.s. jets by 10 . . cheers ~ ~ :rockon:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kelly;3430285]win & we're in . . ;)

p.s. jets by 10 . . cheers ~ ~ :rockon:[/QUOTE]

OK, a poster of few words, gotcha. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Week 17 trends and tips
    Dec. 31, 2009 - By Art Edelstein

The Bengals are 7-8 against the spread, including 4-3 on the road. ... Cincinnati has covered one of its last six games and has covered two of its previous eight times vs. AFC East teams. ... The Bengals have failed to cover their last four night games but have covered their previous five times as a dog of more than six points. ... Cincinnati has covered its final road contest four of the last five seasons, and six of its previous eight games have stayed under the total. ... The Jets are 8-7 vs. the number, including 3-4 at home. ... New York has covered four of its previous five contests but has covered one of its last five home games. ... The Jets have failed to cover their last four times as a favorite of more than six points and have failed to cover their previous four games after having played the Colts, including playoffs. In addition, they have covered one of their last four home night contests.

> [url]http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/12/31/week-17-trends-and-tips-2[/url]