Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about Revis's coverage on Moss

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3427188]you have no idea what the hell your talking about when it comes to Football. [/QUOTE]

Why the insults? :confused:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3427188]Exactly, and it wasn't because he was a good WR during his first 3 years in the league, because he wasn't. Welker may have been a great return man during his first 3 years in the league, but he was never considered a good WR, never, until Tom Brady.

Also: This is why I had you on ignore before your banning. For the simple fact, you have no idea what the hell your talking about when it comes to Football. We were talking about Welker as a WR, and for some reason, you started talking about Welker during his 1st 3 years...Why was that? Because Welker did NOTHING as a WR during his first 3 years (Without Tom Brady and Randy Moss).

During his first 3 seasons, Welker had 5090 return yards.

During his first 3 seasons, Welker only had 96 catches, 1121 yards and 1 freaking TD. LMAO. It's sad that I know more about Wes Welker and the Patriots than you do.

Since Welker has played with Brady and Moss, over the past 3 years he has 345 catches, 3676 yards, 15 TD's.

Exactly. Tom Brady and Randy Moss make Wes Welker. Just like I was saying before. And it's not the other way around. Never has been, never will be.[/QUOTE]

Clearly, you were beaten alot as a kid.

Keep fooling yourself that ability to cut and paste endless stats equates to football knowledge.
    Last edited by Vinny Patrollie; 12-30-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3427188]Exactly, and it wasn't because he was a good WR during his first 3 years in the league, because he wasn't. Welker may have been a great return man during his first 3 years in the league, but he was never considered a good WR, never, until Tom Brady.

Also: This is why I had you on ignore before your banning. For the simple fact, you have no idea what the hell your talking about when it comes to Football. We were talking about Welker as a WR, and for some reason, you started talking about Welker during his 1st 3 years...Why was that? Because Welker did NOTHING as a WR during his first 3 years (Without Tom Brady and Randy Moss).

During his first 3 seasons, Welker had 5090 return yards.

During his first 3 seasons, Welker only had 96 catches, 1121 yards and 1 freaking TD. LMAO. It's sad that I know more about Wes Welker and the Patriots than you do.

Since Welker has played with Brady and Moss, over the past 3 years he has 345 catches, 3676 yards, 15 TD's.

Exactly. Tom Brady and Randy Moss make Wes Welker. Just like I was saying before. And it's not the other way around. Never has been, never will be.[/QUOTE]

I believe a great football genius once said: "Stats are for losers"

Reading your comments I'm left to assume you've never actually watched Wes play. His speed and ability to plow through 3 guys twice his size is incredible. He finds ways to move the chains.

Wes Welker IS a game changer. Does anyone who actrually knows something about football want to disagree with this? Anyone?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=itiswhatitis;3427328]I believe a great football genius once said: [B]"Stats are for losers"[/B]

Reading your comments I'm left to assume you've never actually watched Wes play. His speed and ability to plow through 3 guys twice his size is incredible. He finds ways to move the chains.

Wes Welker IS a game changer. Does anyone who actrually knows something about football want to disagree with this? Anyone?[/QUOTE]

OUTSTANDING NEW POSTER!!!!!

:applause:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Welker did NOTHING as a WR during his first 3 years (Without Tom Brady and Randy Moss).

[/QUOTE]

Welker only started 3 games in his first 3 years with Dolphins.

Isn't there a possibility that he has IMPROVED as a player...he's now "that much better" with experience? You know like Gholston will be?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are almost going to the point of saying that it benefits the Pats that we have Revis, which is ****ing retarded.

Pats would like to throw to Moss, but they can't. They are then going to their best option which is Welker on whoever we would have covering him. We know this, they know this. Nothing new here...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3427427]You are almost going to the point of saying that it benefits the Pats that we have Revis, which is ****ing retarded.

Pats would like to throw to Moss, but they can't. They are then going to their best option which is Welker on whoever we would have covering him. We know this, they know this. Nothing new here...[/QUOTE]

the debate is whether or not having Revis on Welker is better than Moss (and double Moss up).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=batman10023;3427450]the debate is whether or not having Revis on Welker is better than Moss (and double Moss up).[/QUOTE]

Ok let me ask you this. You take Revis off of Moss and put him on Welker. Who covers Moss? And when Drew Coleman or Kerry Rhodes or Lito Sheppard get smoked like a philly blunt on that one bomb down the line that comes out of nowhere, let me know how you feel about that.

Now, with that said, I think against Buffalo, that Revis should have been covering Lee Evans, who is clearly the best receiver on that team. But so not to threadjack, let's have that discussion at another point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3427472]Ok let me ask you this. You take Revis off of Moss and put him on Welker. Who covers Moss? And when Drew Coleman or Kerry Rhodes or Lito Sheppard get smoked like a philly blunt on that one bomb down the line that comes out of nowhere, let me know how you feel about that.

Now, with that said, I think against Buffalo, that Revis should have been covering Lee Evans, who is clearly the best receiver on that team. But so not to threadjack, let's have that discussion at another point.[/QUOTE]

no simple solution otherwise the jes would have figured it out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see Revis shutdown Welker!!! Revis would Blanket Welker all over the place and beat him down in the process. Welker would be lucky to get 4-5 catches for chump yds. :D Thats it! Rhodes and Lowery should be able to handle Moss.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3427502]I would love to see Revis shutdown Welker!!! Revis would Blanket Welker all over the place and beat him down in the process. Welker would be lucky to get 4-5 catches for chump yds. :D Thats it! Rhodes and Lowery should be able to handle Moss.[/QUOTE]

And prior performance from Rhodes and Lowery have earned this respect when?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Revis has played for two different coaching staffs, and through the Jets 6 contests against the Pats during that time Revis has never been put on Welker. For whatever reason (which is probably that they'd rather neutralize Moss), it's not going to happen.

Like some smart dude said on page 1 of the thread, we need a better #2 corner. Someone with the quickness and agility to blanket that little bastard.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3427521]Revis has played for two different coaching staffs, and through the Jets 6 contests against the Pats during that time Revis has never been put on Welker. For whatever reason (which is probably that they'd rather neutralize Moss), it's not going to happen.

Like some smart dude said on page 1 of the thread, we need a better #2 corner. Someone with the quickness and agility to blanket that little bastard.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking draft a safety and I am saying Taylor Mays

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;3427375]Welker only started 3 games in his first 3 years with Dolphins.

Isn't there a possibility that he has IMPROVED as a player...he's now "that much better" with experience? You know like Gholston will be?[/QUOTE]

But, but, but...the stats don't show that!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not really sure that's possible, at least with who the jets have after revis. can you imagine lowery and shepard coverning moss high and low? the first thing the patsies would do is throw to moss in the middle ground between the coverage as he shakes off whatever chuck he gets at the line from lowery or shepard. them once he gets the ball, he'll outrun lowery. the point is you gotta respect moss on every play even though he has a propensity to fall asleep. welker needs to get nailed at the line and then covered as he breaks for the short zone. you can't get him with one guy (except maybe revis) because he cuts too well and gets open.

[QUOTE=batman10023;3427102]i'd rather have Revis cover Welker one on one if possible and then double up on Moss.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's pretty simple, welker wasn't used right at miami and the way they are going he still wouldn't be used right.

[QUOTE=FF2;3427375]Welker only started 3 games in his first 3 years with Dolphins.

Isn't there a possibility that he has IMPROVED as a player...he's now "that much better" with experience? You know like Gholston will be?[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3427707]i'm not really sure that's possible, at least with who the jets have after revis. can you imagine lowery and shepard coverning moss high and low? the first thing the patsies would do is throw to moss in the middle ground between the coverage as he shakes off whatever chuck he gets at the line from lowery or shepard. them once he gets the ball, he'll outrun lowery. the point is you gotta respect moss on every play even though he has a propensity to fall asleep. [B]welker needs to get nailed at the line and then covered as he breaks for the short zone. [/B] you can't get him with one guy (except maybe revis) because he cuts too well and gets open.[/QUOTE]

Exactly- nobody has given Welker a good shot within the 5 yrds that they should give him, at least not that I've seen. Like Ray Lewis did earlier this yr against Cincinnati? Sorry I'm probably wrong on the game. But it's wide open, it's flagrant, and it'll send a message. It's the way football used to be played and I think someone needs to stop letting him get away with all the sht under the middle and I think Bart Scott could really lay some wood on him that would give him the fear of God if done the right way. We'll take the penalty.
    Last edited by BleedGreen314; 12-31-2009 at 10:12 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3427188]Exactly, and it wasn't because he was a good WR during his first 3 years in the league, because he wasn't. Welker may have been a great return man during his first 3 years in the league, but [B]he was never considered a good WR, never,[/B] until Tom Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Bill Belichick disagrees with you. Big surprise. :rolleyes:

Welker became the fins full-time slot rcv in 2006 and snagged 65 passes with crap qb's throwing the ball to him, with little to no support from the rest of the offense to distract a defense.

It isn't a stretch to imagine he would have continued to put up bigger numbers going forward, regardless of who he played with. Are his numbers inflated because of Brady / Moss? Sure they are, but he'd be the best slot wr in the nfl no matter who he played with.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BleedGreen314;3427801]Exactly- nobody has given Welker a good shot within the 5 yrds that they should give him, at least not that I've seen. Like Ray Lewis did earlier this yr against Cincinnati? Sorry I'm probably wrong on the game. But it's wide open, it's flagrant, and it'll send a message. It's the way football used to be played and I think someone needs to stop letting him get away with all the sht under the middle and I think Bart Scott could really lay some wood on him that would give him the fear of God if done the right way. We'll take the penalty.[/QUOTE]

Great idea, what an original thought. :rolleyes: Now after 47 regular season games and 350 odd catches, I'm shocked to see someone come up with the idea to get "physical" on Welker.

Don't you think in those 47 games, that in around 35 of those gamesl teams have tried to get physical with him. Clearly, its just not as easy as it looks. ;)

Revis has proven that he can cover Randy Moss as well as anyone can one on one. That's a great leg up for the Jets D in game planning. However, when the Pats offense is playing well, it isn't JUST Moss and Welker. In fact when the Pats offense WAS struggling, it was BECAUSE it was just Moss and Welker. When the ball gets spread around the Pats offense a top 3 offense in the league.

THAT is why every Pats fans prays for a Jets game in the playoffs. The Pats issues aren't so much with the offense but the D....and that problem disappears vs what the Jets have to offer.

A great D vs a great O, is a super conflict that will be very entertaining to watch, but over the season the Pats have proven to have a "good" D (flawed but still good enough to be 4th in scoring and 9th overall, which is good enough to be called "good").

So while the match up between the Pats O and Jets D will be epic, the Pats D vs the Jets O......not so much. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3427829]Great idea, what an original thought. :rolleyes: Now after 47 regular season games and 350 odd catches, I'm shocked to see someone come up with the idea to get "physical" on Welker.

Don't you think in those 47 games, that in around 35 of those gamesl teams have tried to get physical with him. Clearly, its just not as easy as it looks. ;)

Revis has proven that he can cover Randy Moss as well as anyone can one on one. That's a great leg up for the Jets D in game planning. However, when the Pats offense is playing well, it isn't JUST Moss and Welker. In fact when the Pats offense WAS struggling, it was BECAUSE it was just Moss and Welker. When the ball gets spread around the Pats offense a top 3 offense in the league.

THAT is why every Pats fans prays for a Jets game in the playoffs. The Pats issues aren't so much with the offense but the D....and that problem disappears vs what the Jets have to offer.

A great D vs a great O, is a super conflict that will be very entertaining to watch, but over the season the Pats have proven to have a "good" D (flawed but still good enough to be 4th in scoring and 9th overall, which is good enough to be called "good").

So while the match up between the Pats O and Jets D will be epic, the Pats D vs the Jets O......not so much. :D[/QUOTE]

Not only do I feel like you're very wrong on the Jets O, which took its lumps with a rookie QB for sure, I feel like we could strengthen our Dbacks in the draft or FA ( being discussed in another thread) and that it would not be impossible to lay serious blows on Welker if Rhodes didn't literally fear him. Maybe Eric Smith can fill this role. I don't think it's a product of 47 games that he's gone by unscathed, I think people are too preoccupied with rushing your quarterback and covering Randy Moss. I'd gladly give Randy a 1 on 1 with Revis all game and take a few plays dropping back the rush on Brady (which let's honestly admit we have had very little this year anyway) and doubling up on Welker. I'm sure Rex is making the best decision but I don't see why we can't just drop Eric Smith in there a couple times to send the message.