Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ.com: No Booze for You!!!

NJ.com: No Booze for You!!!

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/12/no_alcohol_at_jets-bengals_fin.html[/url]

The Jets announced Wednesday that there will be no alcohol served at Sunday night's game against the Bengals at the Meadowlands.
    Team spokesman Bruce Speight said the team makes the decision on a game-by-game basis and arrived at this decision after consulting with the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
    Speight said the decision was made, in part, because it's a night game, it's the final game of the season and it's the last game at Giants Stadium and there were concerns about fan behavior.

And who said it was all about the money???

This is clearly something done with safety and organization in mind, trumping any financial incentives.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Can't have a beer at a football game??? Seems unfair to punish responsible fans because of the few knuckleheads that get out of control.

[QUOTE=TheJScottW;3427205]The Jets announced Wednesday that there will be no alcohol served at Sunday night's game against the Bengals at the Meadowlands.
    Team spokesman Bruce Speight said the team makes the decision on a game-by-game basis and arrived at this decision after consulting with the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
    Speight said the decision was made, in part, because it's a night game, it's the final game of the season and it's the last game at Giants Stadium and there were concerns about fan behavior.

This is clearly something done with safety and organization in mind, trumping any financial incentives.[/QUOTE]

I agree last home game ag Atlanta had some really Bad
    drunk fans starting BS early!

Banned
    I agree with this. Our fans don't need to be drunk and feeling sick during this game, they need to be pumped up and ready to go for 4 Quarters strong.

On a side note: If fans really need to drink, get drunk, get wasted for a Football game... A) Thats a problem and B) They can always get smashed in the parking lot right before the game.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    i think its more about drinking and driving at night if they serve beer till 1030 or halftime people will be adding on to all the drinks they would have had prior to the game...hey it just means longer tailgaiting and a nice sunday afternoon into evening to close out the stadium...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3427209]Can't have a beer at a football game??? Seems unfair to punish responsible fans because of the few knuckleheads that get out of control.[/QUOTE]

Fans can always have a beer before and after the game though.

Question: Are fans going to this game to see the Jets play, or are they going to the game to have a beer? If fans can not enjoy watching a game without a damn beer, well, then, they could always watch the game @ a bar.

Gonna be about 30,000 extra towels now. :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3427205]The Jets announced Wednesday that there will be no alcohol served at Sunday night's game against the Bengals at the Meadowlands.

This is clearly something done with safety and organization in mind, trumping any financial incentives.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the perception of a national audiance!!!!!!! Was in attendence years ago for the Cam. Soup painters cap give-away and the fires in the upper deck. This game if memory serves me was the game that started a ban on alcohol sales at night games in the NFL.

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;3427221]Don't forget the perception of a national audiance!!!!!!! Was in attendence years ago for the Cam. Soup painters cap give-away and the fires in the upper deck. This game if memory serves me was the game that started a ban on alcohol sales at night games in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us :D

Hall Of Fame
    Now people will be rolling the towels into joints.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;3427221]This game if memory serves me was the game that started a ban on alcohol sales at night games in the NFL.[/QUOTE]

I think Pats fans started the ban.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3427209]Can't have a beer at a football game??? Seems unfair to punish responsible fans because of the few knuckleheads that get out of control.[/QUOTE]

I understand the sentiment, Buzz, but those few knuckleheads can do exponentially more damage than the good the responsible fans can do.

The responsible fans can't stop the knuckleheads getting into fights, driving drunk, and crashing cars.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3427209]Can't have a beer at a football game??? Seems unfair to punish responsible fans because [B]of the few knuckleheads that get out of control[/B].[/QUOTE]

Ur a So-Cal guy Buzz...isnt it the same at the beaches in ur area?

No beer whatsoever, under any circumstances, on ANY BEACH or PARK in San Diego. I found out the hard way...$200 ticket for taking in a sunset with a Coors Light.:(

A few bad apples always spoil the barrell.:steamin:

All League
    [QUOTE=C Mart;3427233]Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us :D[/QUOTE]

Acctualy I was in the lower level laughing my ARS OFF. Was one of those at the Halloween Monday night game chanting "WE WANT THE PUMPKIN" when security confiscated a Giant Blow-up pumkin and after 15 min. or so brought it back out.:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SMC;3427241]
    The responsible fans can't stop the knuckleheads getting into fights, driving drunk, and crashing cars.[/QUOTE]

My college roommate got a DUI at in the parking lot of Tampa Bay Bucs. He was literally the last guy in the parking lot and he couldn't find his way out. He was pulled over by about ten cop cars at the same time.

All League
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3427239]I think Pats fans started the ban.[/QUOTE]

May be wrong but those fires caused NFL to review its policy and suggested limiting sales to all teams. It is left up to each team though.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=TheJScottW;3427203][url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/12/no_alcohol_at_jets-bengals_fin.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Thats when the wife comes in handy....

Jets Insider VIP
    best damn news I've heard yet about the game. You want to watch a football game, go and have a great time. You just want another excuse to get sloshed, stay the F home

It would be unfair if it were just a few knuckleheads, but anyone who's been to a Jets game in the last several years knows that it's a lot more than a few. If the NJSEA wanted to show some real guts they'd ban drinking in the parking lot before the game as well.